Illness/misadventure (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I'm feeling like crap at the moment and I probably won't feel better by tomorrow, so I'll most likely be doing an illness/misadventure appeal. I gather there needs to be evidence for your claim, in this case a doctors certificate. What sort of detail does it need to go into? (In the past I've just got something along the lines of "anon is unfit for school for the next x days") Also, can I get it today or do I have to wait until the day of the exam?

Also, why doesn't the BoS have more information about what you need to do? All the info I've found basically just says you can appeal for illness/misadventure and it needs to go through the principal/presiding officer :(

ismeta

HSC
I don't know much, except that the doctor's certificate has to specifically mention your being unfit to do the HSC.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
The form has very detailed explanation about it. You get the doctor to fill out the form (his part) supplied with a medical certificate detailing WHY you were unfit. The symptoms and such which might've affected your ability to perform.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Also, make sure you tell the supervisor BEFORE the exam.
The form has very detailed explanation about it. You get the doctor to fill out the form (his part) supplied with a medical certificate detailing WHY you were unfit. The symptoms and such which might've affected your ability to perform.
I don't know much, except that the doctor's certificate has to specifically mention your being unfit to do the HSC.
Ahh okay. Thanks for that :)

Coolwashy

HSC
They'll make you sit the exam and a supervisor will observe your condition. (happened to my friend who had cold/fever?? not sure what he had)

uhoohoo

HSC
I lodged an appeal but I still sat the exam; basically you fill out the details of the illness' effect on your performance + get evidence from your gp. My supervisor said my med certificate was ok (unfit for duties etc. due to ___) but there's a section in the forms that can be filled out by the gp if you bring it to them. The supervisor also fills out a bit where they record any signs of distress that they observe + estimated time lost... and then the whole thing goes to the principal at the end

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I lodged an appeal but I still sat the exam; basically you fill out the details of the illness' effect on your performance + get evidence from your gp. My supervisor said my med certificate was ok (unfit for duties etc. due to ___) but there's a section in the forms that can be filled out by the gp if you bring it to them. The supervisor also fills out a bit where they record any signs of distress that they observe + estimated time lost... and then the whole thing goes to the principal at the end
^ Pretty much this. Nice summary of what to do :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)