Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had?? (2 Viewers)

pman

Banned
HSC
Meet the Cyclist, 10% ofsporting injuries in this country happen to those found racing bikes frequently. One particular incident comse to mind for me....

Riding to training at oatley one monday 3 years ago, I carefully enter a roundabout, the car approaching on my left slows down, apparently having seen me, I enter the roundabout according to the road rules and (no memory of next bit) suddenly find myself more than halfway through the roundabout with the car less than 10 cm away, I turn but the car crushes my arm between its bonnet and my bike, My wheels cease to rotate as they get bent so far out of shape that they no longer rotate!I then launch 10 metres down the road and skidd along the road causing severe lacerations to my stomach (completly destroying my jersey). When I stand Up and try to ride off, i find that my arm is severly broken, my knee is cut so deeply it need stitches (about 10) but there is nothing left to stitch and my other leg is a mass of blood from the grazing down the side!...

3 years on I still have a distinctive "p" shaped scar on my leg!

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
i have a very sexy learning disability, sexlexia :)

- on my third birthday i cut through an extension cord with a knife, while it was on
- i broke my right pinkie when i was 7 trying to pick up some rubbish
- stitches in my ass from when i sat on a soap tray in a bath
- stitches in my eyebrow from when it got caught in the springs on a trampoline
- stitches in my elbow from falling onto a star picket, im lucky not to have nerve damage
- stitches in the back of my head from falling onto a brick wall when i tried to swing from a washing line.
- an osteochondroma on my right distil femur (half a golf ball growing out the side of my knee) , and bursitis in my quad from when it got hit playing basketball.
- i have jarred my fingers and rolled my ankles too many times to count
- my back and neck are rooted
- i have been metaphorically stabbed in the heart

last year i was camping with a few friends and an (ir)responsible adult, it was raining and we had a huge tarp laying on the ground. one of the adults got some detergent we started sliding on the tarp. everyone was doing this for ages, i lucked out and was the one that hit a bit of metal that was under the tarp.
I had a huge gash near my knee, but i was laughing and giggling all the way to the hospital :haha:. I got 14 stitches and still have nerve damage. http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3503/img0566copyj.jpg thats the wound when it was open.

its lucky because later that night everyone was sleeping in a double decker bus which caught fire about 3 am, luckily someone woke up and got everyone out.
thats a pretty small cut you sook

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
My turn:

- had some ear problem called 'glue ears' when i was young (no i didnt put glue in my ears), when water went in my ear it wouldnt come out, so it'd get infected etc (i did learn2swim at South Sydney Juniours at maroubra). When i was 5 i had surgery to fix this, a small hole was made in my ear drums and a hollow cylindrical thingo called a 'grommet' was inserted to allow water to exit my ear.
- when i was 7 i had my appendix removed
- when i was 9-10 the grommets fell out (as they should), hole in right ear drum healed, but not in left, it hardened around the edges and refused to close up, which would be potentially problematic if water would enter again, so had surgery when i was 10 to cover up the hole, involving cutting my left ear open and covering the hole with a skin graft.
- when i was in year 9 we found out that the graft slipped, so they did the same surgery
- when i was in year 11 they found the op failed again, so tried a third time
- when i was in year 12 they found that it failed again, well, almost completely covered, but couldnt check the pressure in my ear, meaning air was escaping thru a miniscule hole, but figured screw that, doesnt really matter that much, not like i ever get water in my ear anyways.
- hearing test later on in '07 showed that i got 30% hearing loss in left ear due to surgeries and eardrum scarring, lol.

and thats it so far.

also i have a small cut on my finger in the exact shape of the Nike tick.

and i've never broken a bone, just tiny tiny fracture in a finger once.

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
- Fractured most of my fingers at one time or another (field hockey).
- Strained my left and right rotator cuffs on various occassions
- Damaged cartiledge in left knee
- Sprained both wrists
- Sprained right ankle
- Tore my iliopsoas
- Possibly have an inguinal hernia

Nothing too impressive or serious, no major broken bones and no surgery required (unless it turns out I do have an inguinal hernia).

HSC
Split my head open 3 times..
Various scars on my knees...legs..feet etc lol
Stitches in my side (no pun)
Broken my hand, nose a few times, toes
Latest is a recurring pneumothorax (lung problem)
Falling apart at 17 ;)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
had eczema for most my primary school life, but luckily that faded away :)
ive been short sighted since year 2 though, if that counts...

back in year 6 some massive guy fell on my pinky and the finger next to it and displaced the bones, had to get a surgery to fix it all up, was wearing a cast for the next two weeks :(

dont really play much sport, so i havnt experienced much injuries, apart from the minor ones from me acting like an idiot and all...

mr2yen

HSC
torn AC from footy last year. pretty much screwed how i exercise because it still sore and stops me from doing things like lifting weights properly or simply throwing a ball

HSC
I got a cramp in my leg while i was sleeping last night.

It's terrible because just before i got it, i woke up with that feeling knowing its about to cramp up.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Having an MRI this week to check for torn cartilage in my hip or stress fractures in the hip joint.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Any ideas what could be causing sharp pains in my chest cavity.

Pain is like a stabbing pain that occurs randomly and when it does occur, only when i breath in.

Ive had several X-rays done and nothing has been found.

Im in good health and keep fit, but i have a heart murmur.

Rose-xx

HSC
Barely had anything untill about 9:30 last night....was lying in bed trying to reach something on the floor and I fell out of bed and cut the back of my ear really badly on the corner of my wooden bookcase.

50 stitches later + super glue and local anasethetic, I'm back homeee.

brookl

HSC
Barely had anything untill about 9:30 last night....was lying in bed trying to reach something on the floor and I fell out of bed and cut the back of my ear really badly on the corner of my wooden bookcase.

50 stitches later + super glue and local anasethetic, I'm back homeee.
^^thats awful and really bad luck

ok my turn. my injuries are no where are severe as the rest of you guys, but i'll just add mine to the list, ok...
kicked in head by my horse (thank god my hair line covers the scar :) )
dislocated and fractured little finger playing basketball
ligament damange to my ankle (i fell off my horse, 6 weeks later i could walk again...)
split chin open twice, both time requiring stiches (inguries recieved from trampoline and falling off horse)
may other sprains, bumps and bruses from all varities of sports... you got to love sport :)

Ancly

Banned
HSC
N/A
Okay I am totally going to out-do everyone with my non-existent immune system and horribly brittle bones.

INJURIES
Broken my right thigh bone in half
Four fingers broken, one fractured
One fractured toe
Broken right wrist
Fractured left wrist
Broken left ankle
Tore three ligaments off right ankle and ripped the right leg muscle off
Currently have three slipped discs in my back
Currrently have an RSI in my right wrist
Hyperextending and loose joints - my knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, wrists and hips are ruined.

ILLNESSES
Spondylitis in my back (my spine isn't straight)
Glandular fever
Pneumonia three times
Quincy (like glandular fever but more messed up)
and three mental illnesses if they count?

lol genetically inferior

Juraga

HSC
Seems like most of us are genetically screwed.

I've got:

Common Variable Immuno Deficiency (A weak immune system, needing 3 hour infusions every month to stay healthy)

Maeheglin anomanly (I've got giant platelets that bugger up my blood, meaning I can only accept blood donations from myself)

Bleeding disorder

Asthma

ADHD (Not insane, but I'm bouncing off the walls most of the time)

Depression Anxiety (I'm on happy pills, but the ADHD meds make it even worse)

I've also got hyperextending legs. I can bend my legs more than180 degrees backwards, up and around infront of me.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Had to get a knee reconstruction last year.

Completely tore my ACL ligament, dislocated my knee and tore some of my medial meniscus (all in the one twist with touch football).

And it still hurts. I'm bound to have to get another reconstruction, but it was so bad the first time, if I do it again, goodbye sport and hello obesity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)