Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had?? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I just had a hip arthroscope to repair cartilage damage and correct an impingement.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
asthma

as a result of martial arts, i have recurring knee and leg injuries:
  • torn my harmstring a few times
  • rolled ankle
  • hyperextended my left knee
  • torn a muscle or ligament close to the knee
  • tendon problems of both knees & right elbow
  • almost tore my right pectoral muscle
  • lower back problems

and to top that off, i've jarred every finger over the years due to ball sports

rozymisty

HSC
I sprained my wrist 2wks ago just when i landed back in Australia from my 3wk holiday in NZ. I went to lift my backpack from the baggage carousel, but it only weighed 15kg, lighter than i started off with, but it was due to that repitive lifting it weirdly.
So yeah doc told me to take 2wks as light duties at work, and when i rang work, they said i cant work, coz being a nurse there aint light duties. Id have to be able to do CPR and stuff....so eyah had to take 2wks off as annual leave so i was bored as shit! Went to byron for one night, so yeh.....

I just got weak wrists. lol. I still cant put weight through my hands whcih is strange..

shady145

Banned
HSC
broke my first bone early last year, trying to grab basketball hoop, just git it but slipped off and broke my wrist <---- i didnt want it to be broken so i tried pushing it back in place... didnt work but i think i made it worse because it still hasnt fully healed

and early this year i had a head clash in a soccer game and split my head open, i got 5 stitches

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
i've had nothing really.

massive scar on my right elbow after falling off the scooter when i was 9 and going downhill ..

um. eye surgery.. coz im allergic to caviar. i was like 5 and my dads mum let me eat it and so i had these really weird massive lumps on the inside of my eyes. both eyes. and yeah i have a lil scar next to my left one now.

EDIT: i get chest pains every now and again.. but im perfectly normal haha

Last edited:

Isboredofstudy

HSC
Ive pulled every single muscle in my back, as well as my shoulder muscles, neck and hamstrings/quads in one huge rowing stroke. Needless to say my spine is now out of place and i couldn't walk for 4 weeks. I'm never rowing again, *the injury was caused by bad posture caused by rowing*, and i'm basically permanently damaged. Maybe i should sue my school for negligence.

Lydia_88

HSC
No injuries and breakages so far in my life, however i have had illnesses and little sprained ankle, but nothing too disabling...

pneumonia at age 11
hyperthyroidism during high school (that got taken out at the beginning of year 11).
some colds and flus.
mild scoliosis (thoracic)...noticed that at the same time as i got pneumonia...
a few mild sprained ankles...

Last edited:

pman

Banned
HSC
I currently have no [skin on my] left knee after a cyclocross crash...also can barely bend said knee.

HSC
N/A
the most ive had is a fractured wrist. my friend pushed me over and i fell back wards and landed awkward on my left hand :/

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
once, i sprained my elbow.
true story

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Broken right arm, permanent scar from stitches across my chin, small burn scar on left elbow

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
great necro.

ive never had any major injuries cuz im quite sensible.
only a couple of sprained ankles and a sprained wrist from a foosh. i think i also have a stress fracture in my ulnar but havent gone any scans so not 100% diagnosis.

HSC
idk a Trimalleolar Fracture on my left ankle playing footy against matraville sports high
dislocation of both shoulders regularly
sprained ankles
broken knuckles

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
today I cut my head open on a basketball backboard. dunk fail.

blurrberryz

HSC
ive severed a ligament completely in half with another hanging by a thread in my ankle when playing basketball.
i landed on my friends foot going up for a layup and landed awkwardly rolling my ankle.
hurt like hell :(

doctor said 6-8month recovery,
made it back in 3 months before the start of my bball season :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)