• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I'm a new Woolworths employee, Can i get some help please? (1 Viewer)

BarCouSeH

HSC
so i started working at Woolworths just last week, and i got my first ePayslip today.
but when i opened it i didn't understand anything because it had alot of weird codes like "3A CAS ORD" and "D3 IND 20%" and "VL UNIFREI".
maybe someone can help me find out what they mean? thanks.

T_Knight

HSC
so i got my first ePayslip today.
but when i opened it i didn't understand anything because it had alot of weird codes like "3A CAS ORD" and "D3 IND 20%" and "VL UNIFREI".
maybe someone can help me find out what they mean? thanks.
Lets see here, ill try to decipher what i can for you:
CAS ORD: means your ordinary or normal payrate. because currently employed as a casual, you'll be getting 20% more per hour than a part-time worker (though you dont get benefits like annual leave or sick leave)
D3 IND 20%: possibly means your payment for the time it took to do the induction - online or on site.
VL UNIFREI: wouldnt have a clue about this one. maybe something about paying for uniform or a fee when joining the union

hope that helps somewhat.

BSammy

HSC
yeah looks like it

Induction 20% (casual rate so base rate plus 20%)

Uniform Reimbursement.

those are my guesses at least

BarCouSeH

HSC
Lets see here, ill try to decipher what i can for you:
CAS ORD: means your ordinary or normal payrate. because currently employed as a casual, you'll be getting 20% more per hour than a part-time worker (though you dont get benefits like annual leave or sick leave)
D3 IND 20%: possibly means your payment for the time it took to do the induction - online or on site.
VL UNIFREI: wouldnt have a clue about this one. maybe something about paying for uniform or a fee when joining the union

hope that helps somewhat.
that helps heaps. thank you very very very much.
also another question, it also said "Tax deduction = $40", is that normal??
my salary was $120 and $40 for tax, so i'll end up with only $80. i think that's alot.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
that helps heaps. thank you very very very much.
also another question, it also said "Tax deduction = $40", is that normal??
my salary was $120 and $40 for tax, so i'll end up with only $80. i think that's alot.
Have you given them your TFN? Keep your payslips,you may well be reimbursed later for over paying in tax.

BarCouSeH

HSC
Have you given them your TFN? Keep your payslips,you may well be reimbursed later for over paying in tax.
on the superannuation form that i gave them it had my TFN. and i was also told on my first shift that everyone has to pay tax and everyone has to have a TFN.
so i can return all the tax deducted later??

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
on the superannuation form that i gave them it had my TFN. and i was also told on my first shift that everyone has to pay tax and everyone has to have a TFN.
so i can return all the tax deducted later??
At the end of the financial year you should be reimbursed.

BarCouSeH

HSC
You know how much you've helped me out?? Thank you very very much, greatly appreciate it.
I might also have some more questions later on, would you still be able to help me?
Thanks!!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
You know how much you've helped me out?? Thank you very very much, greatly appreciate it.
I might also have some more questions later on, would you still be able to help me?
Thanks!!
If I know the answers..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)