im an ANU student as well! (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hey guys havent been on the site for a few days but i got in2 anu as well! yay GO ME! i got into psch/law but i wish i would of listed arts law as 1st preference now! oh well thats life. so wat was pea day like? i couldnt get down 2 canberra coz im broke and had no petrol 4 my car! i was reading some ur posts on the other thread and im scared about moving 2 canberra and not knowing anyone as well, im sure it will be ok after awhile but for the first day im sure ill end up a huddled mess crying in the toilets.

Who is staying @ Bruce? i was really suprised when they accepted me. I think it will be kinda weird living in a dorm, all these strange people everywhere... but its still kinda cool because hopefully evry1 will like 2 party and get crazy wit me.

A question... when is enrolment exactly?

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
Hey... im into Bruce aswell, but im not too sure how to interpret "get crazy wit me." ;)

Pea day was cool for a generalised sort of perspective of the uni and to figure out a bit about the actual structure of various courses..

Last edited:

imsooverskool

HSC
well im a pretty crazy person, but i dont mean 'get crazy' in that way bolkonski. do u rekon its a good uni? im really unsure about going because i also got an offer from syd uni through uac (applied to anu through vtac)... dilemmas im so sick of them!

have u got ur package for bruce hall yet? there is a questionaire in there about the type of ppl you want 2 be living near, hehe i want loud and fun ppl near me!

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
lol... yes yes.. im sure you dont, I just figured Id take it out of context. for some fun. umm.. from what I know of it, its a good uni in regards to research, e.g. lots of resources.. i think..
I reckon its good anyway.. Id venture to say that Anu would be better in terms of humanities and stuff.. but not sure about law etc.. It was said before it has just as good a rep for law as UNSW and UNSYD.
I havent got my package yet, but will probably tomorrow (i got an email saying it was in the mail). I think i might be putting down, nice and studious people next to me..

imsooverskool

HSC
no no u cant go next 2 nice and studious nerds!!!!!!!!!!! ur making out like uni is about learning and studying or something LOL hmm i dunno im probably going 2 be the annoying one who every1 is like "god that girl in number whatever is loud and irritating". Have u seen what the Bruce hall rooms look like? there pretty shitty i dont know how i will handle living in a shoebox for aan entire year

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
no.. i have not had the pleasure of seeing the rooms.. however, I got a rap from a previous resident that its the best college community at anu.. wins all the meets and stuff etc..

yeah, dont know where I got the idea that uni was all about learning..

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
oh... and I am one of those studious nerds.. probably best to stick with my own kind. although, who said studious nerds dont have fun with mainstream society.. we often venture out into social settings... mainly to buy food though.

imsooverskool

HSC
nothing worng with nerds! i was one of them during the hsc and will probably revert back 2 nerd status once uni law starts... so wot do nerds like urself do 2 have fun if ur not buying food?

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
read, clubs/pubs (sorry excuses for these in this town), music, this forum... pull hair out waiting for uni to start.. not much..

im starting to get very bored waiting for uni to start....
naa im not a nerd... well.. not in the normal stereotypical way.

strawberry

okai, this thread is starting to get waaayyyyyy to weird

i bet half the teenage population have already turned nerdy with the hsc and all

i mean with the hsc getting harder and uni's harder to get into now than lets say 10 yrs ago...

i havent been out 4 ages and i dont know what i'm going to do in canberra...i didn't get accepted into school accom so now i'm still looking for a place to live!!!!

i sutffed up my preferenecs...my mark was high enough 4 syd but dont know why i picked anu..

is anu's employment rate high??!!??

I"M SO FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
strawberry, you can always change your preferences for a late round offer.

im still waiting to hear about accommodation.. me and you should be flatmates lol

2003HSC

I got into B&G college but they didnt send me any questionairre. I sort wish they did in case I end up being next to someone like imsooverskool.

No offense dude, but from what you wrote in this thread, I would find you really annoying and probably shoot you with my nerf gun.

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
hah... nerf gun.. i dont know what that is... but it sounds funny to watch.

myself.. Id want to be next to the jazz lovers.. who are into late night chats.. study hard... not loud talkers and coffee and jeff buckley fans... but hey.. no ones perfect.

Ribbon

LMAO... at this entrie thread, in particualar, imsooverskool

seems like there is 3 for law now, though I hope your not *always* this hyperactive imsooverskool...

BTW:- my opinion is irrelevant because I didn't even apply for on campus accomodation, but if I was in a dorm, I'd want to be with the quiet, studious people, so you can have quiet to study/sleep whenever and go crash other, noisy peoples rooms for partying.

also, don't they have common rooms for you to be loud and noisy with people, so they wouldn't really ever be in other peoples rooms? Unless of course... :eek:

Last edited:

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
i hope i dont get loud sex people near me. thats totally disturbing to hear that.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
lol.. i hope you do then i can laugh at your misfortune muhahaha

Ribbon

lmao... I thought the idea on campus was to *be* the loud sex people and piss everyone else off?

and lmao again at the expression 'loud sex people' :D

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
yes yes anna... you would laugh wouldnt you. Im sure i could think up a good come back.. but not right now..

*shakes head* im sorry for bringing the level of this thread down to the level of such threads seen in the nonschool section. everything must always come back to sex it seems when one reads those posts. my bad. sorry.

the weathers nice.
anyone seen lost in translation? is it even out yet?

Last edited:

Fojar

I'm at bruce, got accepted... sounds as if it will be pretty sweet. I wonder if they are plenty of smokers and if anyone enjoys the blues and jazz. How about beer, i enjoy beer too.

Anybody doing arts/commerce?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)