• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I'm buying jugs at the manning if I get a Credit for ECMT (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Are jugs cheaper on that day?
Love the adam smith, as out of context as it is :p Extreme classical political economists!

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
wow........21st for free jugs,sounds good.......hah.... i do ecmt, so can i come?haha :rolleyes:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes offcourse :) pretty much anyone can come. apart from absolution because he seems to self-lubricate himself.

jpr333

HSC
You guys are misinformed, com (lib) is crap, basically a waste of a year (time is precious) and the extra HECS fees. I will most likely transfer out of it into straight Commerce.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
jpr333 said:
You guys are misinformed, com (lib) is crap, basically a waste of a year (time is precious) and the extra HECS fees. I will most likely transfer out of it into straight Commerce.
How is it crap? You get to do 3 majors, of which, one can be from arts or science faculties, instead of two for an extra year of study. Sounds reasonable enough to me. It really depends on what you want to do. If you just want an accounting major for example, than straight commerce is the best option. I much prefer a broadened sense of job and hapiness opportunity.

sarevok

HSC
jpr333 said:
Agreed, the extra year is a waste of time. It could be better spent getting valuable work experience rather than doing a useless arts/science major, and thus I'll be transferring into straight commerce at the end of the year.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
in terms of degree reputation, does com lib have a little edge over comm though?

i thought/am thinking about transferring out of my degree into a plain b ec or b comm too

im not considering an arts/ sci major at all. I want a double major and an additional comm major (well, the 2nd one is comoulsory anyway lol) hmmm

Last edited:

jpr333

HSC
absolution* said:
How is it crap? You get to do 3 majors, of which, one can be from arts or science faculties, instead of two for an extra year of study. Sounds reasonable enough to me. It really depends on what you want to do. If you just want an accounting major for example, than straight commerce is the best option. I much prefer a broadened sense of job and hapiness opportunity.
Well yep I'm interested in the accounting/finance major primarily and from most accounts I'm told the last year is a total waste of time. Seriously consider that extra year can be spent working (towards a CPA or CA) or travelling in the prime of your life (plus no extra HECS fees). I see no use in a major out of the faculty nor a 3rd major (nothing else really interest me apart from ECMT). SO imo the year can be spent doing something more interesting (like post gad law pehaps).

As for the more recognised degree, this I'm not certain about. Going through the job req's for ccounting/finance jobs it appears they focus on you being a ca/cpa which need only 3 years to complete (plus post grad req's). I wouldn't think employer's would focus on the liberal studies aspect unless you could speak a fluent second language (which I can't).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
jpr333 said:
Yes absolutely. Even though it has a much higher starting median wage. A much higher amount of people employed within six months. Much less people needing to do honours as well. etc .

sarevok

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Yes absolutely. Even though it has a much higher starting median wage. A much higher amount of people employed within six months. Much less people needing to do honours as well. etc .
Where you get these figures from?

jpr333

HSC
Link to stats. I would bet this would be the result of the higher level of the canditure itself and not the degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)