Im pissed (1 Viewer)

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
for future,
save( before you start typing)-> tools-> options->save tabe-> auto save every ten mins

then if some mishap should happen its already saved to the most recent min...
save you from pressing ctrl+s every 5mins

shoutoutloud

HSC
pattii said:
for future,
save( before you start typing)-> tools-> options->save tabe-> auto save every ten mins

then if some mishap should happen its already saved to the most recent min...
save you from pressing ctrl+s every 5mins
Thank you sooo much!!!

bored of sc

HSC
champo14 said:
Treaded?...

May god have mercy on us all...
what instrument(s) do you play?? or are you are composer?? or are you studying theory??

bored of sc

HSC
cool, jazz is sweet, I love how it uses syncopation and complex rhythms

good luck to ya! :)

AnandDNA

HSC
You shud be ashamed of urself kazi. This is a black day for all the students and teachers of Patrician Brothers Blacktown :(

acevipa

HSC
It's happened to me before. Now, I just save my work even before I write up anything. I also press Ctrl+S every few sentences, just in case I lose my work.

agua.fuego

HSC
AnandDNA said:
Im so damn pissed and angry atm. I just typed up an economic essay which was 3 pages long and was almost done when for some reason my foot accidently hit the power cable and caused the comp to turn off. I also realised that i had'nt saved my work at all so its all gone and i gotta start again. That shows how important and safe it is to save your typed up work every 10 minutes or so :angry: . How that ever happened to you?:mad:
Ow. Happened to me in the middle of a massive English speech. My dad's a computer guy though, so he saved half of it. Temp files maybe? I just remember him searching there.

farhan8

HSC
one other thing you should do is save it in more than one place every so often.

ie. your computer, USB drive, school account, etc

i do this because i'm always really worried about something happenning to my computer and losing everything (which has happened)

Felix Jones

HSC
man..i was doing my physics notes and when i tried to save it, there was some error and my freaking work wasn't saved properly...just found out now when i was trying to continue wif my work....when i saw that my work from yesterday wasn't saved....i couldn't be bothered continuing.....Fken hEll!!!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Guess there's a reason there are BoS Resources. :D

selablad

HSC
A friend of mine typed up and formatted (lots of complicated stuff!) an entire assignment on one of these new laptops our school now has, then saved it. After signing out and switching to a normal computer she couldn't find it anywhere in her documents. She went up to computer assistance and all they said was oh sorry, can't help, everyone knows those laptops aren't connected to the network properly yet, you shouldn't have been doing important work on them yet, we're not going to bother helping you find it (even though they've been going on about how advanced and cool our IT department now is and we should all check out the new laptops - no warnings).

So she hates our IT department with a passion now.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
A friend of mine typed up and formatted (lots of complicated stuff!) an entire assignment on one of these new laptops our school now has, then saved it. After signing out and switching to a normal computer she couldn't find it anywhere in her documents. She went up to computer assistance and all they said was oh sorry, can't help, everyone knows those laptops aren't connected to the network properly yet, you shouldn't have been doing important work on them yet, we're not going to bother helping you find it (even though they've been going on about how advanced and cool our IT department now is and we should all check out the new laptops - no warnings).

So she hates our IT department with a passion now.
you school has laptops! i'm jealous... I could have gotten a laptop, but I blew my money on a new motherboard, cpu heatsink, case and 8800gts last year.

selablad

HSC
foram said:
you school has laptops! i'm jealous... I could have gotten a laptop, but I blew my money on a new motherboard, cpu heatsink, case and 8800gts last year.
Haha, yes, we just got them either this year or the end of last year. It's really funny because they are kept in the library and whenever a teacher wants to do computer research with the class, they just assume that they don't need to organise to have a computer room and take the class to the library, and then everyone fights over the laptops because every teacher had the same idea. It's really amusing to watch.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We have laptops too. =S People use them in classes sometimes, instead of having pen and paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)