i'm SOOO... confused! (1 Viewer)

capsicum

HSC
okay, well, i've had a crush on this guy for ages but i only see him once a week (if i'm lucky). we've never spoken, and most of our communication is through the eyes. yesterday, i saw him and he saw me and i was just walking past as usual, not expressing any emotion (like usual) but our eyes caught and we both slowly smiled at each other! so i went off feeling pretty proud, but then i remembered my friend told me that she heard he has a girlfriend.

anyhow, later in the evening, he was out with some of his friends and i was out with my friends, and somehow we always ended up hanging around near each other. i caught his eyes a few times but i didn't dare look at him. my friends were watching him and told me that he kept looking over in my direction and sneaking looks at me when he was speaking with his friends. they also said that he took one last look at me before he continued walking on. later, to my surprise, we were across the road from each other and i couldn't help but look at him, and saw that he was glancing at me too. what surprised me was that he smiled and waved at me! omgosh, i melted cuz that was the first time in like half a year he actually acknowledged me!

okay, so now i'm a bit lost. guys, what do you think this boy feels, really? judging from his actions yesterday, do you think he has a girlfriend? and girls, how do you think i should make the next step?

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
coming from a guy's perspective; he is probably feeling and thinking the exact same things that you are. lol My advice is to talk to him, just be confident and go up to him and introduce yourself. Take it from there......

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
Guys, girls and relationships....always so confusing! ><

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Id say he likes you and is probably feelin just as confused as you are. Probably not sure if he should make a move or not.

obzedyon

HSC
Go for it -- there's nothing to lose! :uhhuh:

And if things don't turn out the way you want them to, just tell him that you misinterpreted some of the things that he did. And if he's not too much of a waste-of-space he should understand that and be nice about it. But like Cactus said, it sounds like he knows that you like him, and he obviously displays some sort of interest in you ...

Go on -- indulge :D

EDIT: Sorry, forgot you said your friend had suspicions of a girlfriend - you might want to ask him about that too. Because it might put him in an awkward position if he does and he likes you at the same time :)

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
capsicum said:
okay, well, i've had a crush on this guy for ages but i only see him once a week (if i'm lucky). we've never spoken, and most of our communication is through the eyes. yesterday, i saw him and he saw me and i was just walking past as usual, not expressing any emotion (like usual) but our eyes caught and we both slowly smiled at each other! so i went off feeling pretty proud, but then i remembered my friend told me that she heard he has a girlfriend.

anyhow, later in the evening, he was out with some of his friends and i was out with my friends, and somehow we always ended up hanging around near each other. i caught his eyes a few times but i didn't dare look at him. my friends were watching him and told me that he kept looking over in my direction and sneaking looks at me when he was speaking with his friends. they also said that he took one last look at me before he continued walking on. later, to my surprise, we were across the road from each other and i couldn't help but look at him, and saw that he was glancing at me too. what surprised me was that he smiled and waved at me! omgosh, i melted cuz that was the first time in like half a year he actually acknowledged me!

okay, so now i'm a bit lost. guys, what do you think this boy feels, really? judging from his actions yesterday, do you think he has a girlfriend? and girls, how do you think i should make the next step?
I think he is probably interested in gettting to know you..He must have some interest if he kept looking at u and waved and smiled.
Maybe next time u see him, wave and smile or go up to him and say hi , go with the flow and see what happens from there, next time he will prob come up to you and strike up a conversation. I may be completely wrong. but I know I wouldn't wave and smile to a stranger for nothing. I say go for it, you don't want to regret not doing anything later on..

oh and Goodluck :)

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah a good way to get over someone....is to hook up with their best friend

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
capsicum said:
i couldnt help laughing while reading this thread..our stories are almost identical!
so thanks for saving me the trouble of starting a new thread capsicum :)

have to ask, what stopped you from saying hello? bc i still cant figure out what's stopping me

puffkenny

HSC
I was in the similar situation as you, but a few days ago I walked up and struck a converstation with the girl. I've gotten to know her better through that. We went from strangers to acquaintances in one short conversation. First things first, start a conversation. It works, gluck with your bloke ;).

capsicum

HSC
Wow, thanks guys and girls! Just reading all your posts gave me more confidence! I just don't want to make an arse of myself because I've never approached any of my crushes before - I've always let them slip. But this time round, it feels different so I guess I can't afford to let this go. THANKS and I'll keep you posted on how it goes. :)

Oh and Veanz, I'm glad I saved you from starting a new thread! at first i was contemplating on whether to start this thread or not, and I thought, "what the heck" so i did. anyway, i guess what stops me from saying hi and talking to him is that he's like two years older than me, and i feel as though i'm just another girl out of the many who might have an interest in him. i'm afraid of how he'll respond to me, and i fear that he might find me stupid. i don't know, girly feelings i guess! but yeah, so what happened with your situation? tell me about it!! :)

twiddla

2 years is nothing - there is something more attractive, perhaps a sweet inocence about a girl slightly (ie 2 or 3 yrs) younger than you from a guys pt of view

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
capsicum said:
Oh and Veanz, I'm glad I saved you from starting a new thread! at first i was contemplating on whether to start this thread or not, and I thought, "what the heck" so i did. anyway, i guess what stops me from saying hi and talking to him is that he's like two years older than me, and i feel as though i'm just another girl out of the many who might have an interest in him. i'm afraid of how he'll respond to me, and i fear that he might find me stupid. i don't know, girly feelings i guess! but yeah, so what happened with your situation? tell me about it!! :)
hehe nothing dagnabit, and i daydream about starting a convo with him..atm ive written a note to give to him next time i c him.

i think what stops me is that he's really smart and articulate, and that my image of him is on some sort of pedestal..and that if i ever spoke to him there'd only be verbal diahorrea :rollseyes: my friends tell me though, he is just another person..

i dont know even if has a gf...should i ask him when i hand him the note? hehe how the heck do you go about something like that? gah damn these butterflies..

capsicum

HSC
Nicho said:
2 years is nothing - there is something more attractive, perhaps a sweet inocence about a girl slightly (ie 2 or 3 yrs) younger than you from a guys pt of view
really? oh wow, thanks for this cuz i'm absolutely clueless. he just completed school last year and I'm still in school. that's okay huh?

twiddla

Fear of rejection is only something u can impose on urself - i mean think how much worse off can u be if he does have a gf - no worse off than u r now! Besides u have everything to gain!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)