I'm untalkative (1 Viewer)

great

HSC
I am half asian and I talk my language at home. I am very talkative at home with my 3 siblings. At school I didn't make asian friends because I knew talking asian would not increase my english. So I was always quiet and because of that, I tend to struggle on talking. Still I'm ok with my accent and I can write decently. I want to be talkative for english but it is hard to just change from being quiet to loud. I want to make friends too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My subjects:
*English Standard
*Math 3U
*Physics
*Software Design and development
*Chemistry(dropping it next year)

Last edited:
HSC
great said:
I am half asian and i talk my language at home. I am also very talkative at home with my 3 siblings. At school i didn't make asian friends because i knew talking asian would not increase my english. So i was always quiet and because of that, i tend to struggle on talking. Still I'm ok with my accent and i can write decently. i want to be talkative for english but it is hard to just change from being quiet to loud. i want to make friends too.
first rule's first: talk SLOWLY. not retarded slowly, but slow enough for someone to understand what you're trying to say. many new english talkers make the mistake of talking really fast, and people end up not understanding them.

and just get out there and speak. there's not much else you can do. from what you've written, you sound quite smart and quit capable of speaking fluently and intelligiently.

msiatlsc

HSC
hi. i used to be in your predicament. cant say that i got over it and all of my friends except one is asian (but they speak english to me none of them speak or understand malay)..but as a starting point, just speak slowly and clearly so that other people can understand you. dont worry too much about your accent many people speak with accent.

joker252

I feel the knife going in
If I don't recover, Sell this house and find some
HSC
great said:
I am half asian and I talk my language at home. I am very talkative at home with my 3 siblings. At school I didn't make asian friends because I knew talking asian would not increase my english. So I was always quiet and because of that, I tend to struggle on talking. Still I'm ok with my accent and I can write decently. I want to be talkative for english but it is hard to just change from being quiet to loud. I want to make friends too.
either:

1. Obviously not asian, troll
2. Genuine post (unlikely) in which case, extacy is the way to go.

great

HSC
thanks for replying. I'm now wondering if it's better to study than make friends once I get to yr 12.

HalcyonSky

HSC
great said:
thanks for replying. I'm now wondering if it's better to study than make friends once I get to yr 12.
did you ever consider.. doing both?

great

HSC
yes i can perhaps make friends and study at the same time.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I pray to god that this is a troll....

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
great said:
yes i can perhaps make friends and study at the same time.
then...

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Keep trying - you will become more fluent over time. You can only get better with practice.

great

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo1111
Keep trying - you will become more fluent over time. You can only get better with practice.

Thanks for the helpful reply. I just hope those who think of me as a troll would disappear.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
why?

we're always bagging out fobs for sticking to their own & not learning english

at least this individual is trying :D
lol @ fobs. :rofl:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
wow so pure, lets corrupt his mind.
It means fresh off (the) boats

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i use to not talk at all until year 12 when i started opening my mouth and started yapping away.

but in high school people still thought i was the sad sap i was for the other 5 years. i ended up not being myself in high school and took it upon myself to fake a optimism until it was part of me.

though for a lot of the time i still feel quite umm quiet and secluded to myself. mostly because i feel tired trying to keep up with the impression that im being completely myself.

so dont worry about it too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)