I'm very confused, what does she think of me? (1 Viewer)

Ionus

HSC
What does it mean if a girl asks you to tutor her? Then asks again later on. She knows that I like her, she found out from friends in like year 9 or something about 3 yrs ago and she also catches me looking at her nowadays (though it's only an accident, I just look around and poof she's there and she sees me looking at her and I quickly look away). She had a BF but broke up and still hangs around him. I try to give the impression that I don't like her anymore when we talk because I don't want her to think im some person who only speaks to women if they are hot (even though it's true for men). Does it mean she's using me to get a good UAI score by asking me to tutor her? She always asks me to help her with homework on msn as well and we would sometimes talk about some other stuff as well, but mainly the conversation begins with a question about homework.

She knows I'm smarter than her so I don't know if she thinks she can use her attractiveness to manipulate me. If she is doing that I don't know why she is doing it to a smarter person to be honest. Is she just trying to be friends, using me to get a good UAI score, or something more?

Last edited:

ioniser

HSC
do the maths you could get closer to her and she can be something more is it worth it..................

Ionus

HSC
Right now it wouldnt be worth it, if I ask her and she doesn't like me then it would be too awkward; especially in class where she still hangs around her old bf. So that's why I would like to know her real intentions for asking if I could tutor her.

Ionus

HSC
Ok after reading suga buni's post I feel used. Going to avoid her as much as possible now.

Ionus

HSC
No she isn't paying me. She kinda asked as a friend if I could tutor her and she probably knew I would do it for free since she knew I like her. And I don't think it would be very polite or friendly to charge a friend for informal tutoring. I know I wouldn't charge any of my male friends for tutoring.

She called it tutoring but I was really helping her with homework and preparing her for upcoming tests. It wasn't like I was giving lessons. To be honest, I didn't really do the best job but helped a bit and she asked for another session.

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
Oh right, informal tutoring.

Well, tutor her if you think she's worth the effort. Her hanging around her old boyfriend shouldn't matter anyway... unless you intend to use tutoring time to get into a relationship with her.

Seeing that you feel used, I guess you're not that close to her. Bugger it then.

HSC
N/A
It seriously just sounds like she wants you to tutor her. Helping with homework/assessments counts as informal tutoring.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I think she likes you. I would do something about it. Looking away and giving the impression you don't like her will give the impression you don't like her... :\

Anyway if I was in that situation I would say something or get her into a conversation about what she likes in a guy or who she thinks is hot. Or talk about something she likes. Try to find out the true nature of her intentions.

If you like her go for it. Don't do something you will regret later. Who cares if it's awkward. Thats life.

Cheers

Ionus

HSC
right now we're talking about a test we just had. she started the conversation. mean anything?

Dr_Doom

HSC
Maybe. Change the subject to something more personal.

Ionus

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
I think she likes you. I would do something about it. Looking away and giving the impression you don't like her will give the impression you don't like her... :\

Anyway if I was in that situation I would say something or get her into a conversation about what she likes in a guy or who she thinks is hot. Or talk about something she likes. Try to find out the true nature of her intentions.

If you like her go for it. Don't do something you will regret later. Who cares if it's awkward. Thats life.

Cheers
Well I was planning on asking her at the end of the year since I wouldn't face any embarassment if I get rejected, since I won't be seeing her after high school.

Ionus

HSC
I dont want to get too personal yet, I don't want to go into class every time and feeling awkward with her around after facing rejection.

Ionus

HSC
I'm actually an 06'er pretending to be an 07'er for some reason, well to disguise myself. I'm really paranoid. I probably am over analysing things as usual. Gotta whack myself over the head. We're still talking on msn right now, I'm still hoping for something haha.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
This is just a generalisation but girls don't really ask for hw help all the time from a guy she likes.. If she liked you, she would have asked you more personal questions than hw. Sounds like you are just being manipulated.

Last edited:

Ionus

HSC
Well we haven't talked about homework for 1 hour, still going. Is that a good sign?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)