IMAC virus danger (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
It will me more safer in comparison to windows, because there's just so much anti-windows people who are out there to cause problems to users, i'm not saying mac's are guranteed to be virus free, they can still be infected with viruses, but rarely.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by victorling
my imac computer is G4

That makes absolutely no difference to the case, your computer runs an Operating System, i'm guessin Mac OS X, and there MAYBE some mac viruses floating around, but like i said it's rare, so don't worry, i don't own a Mac, but i'm pretty sure it has some sort of Anti-Virus software.

victorling

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
That makes absolutely no difference to the case, your computer runs an Operating System, i'm guessin Mac OS X, and there MAYBE some mac viruses floating around, but like i said it's rare, so don't worry, i don't own a Mac, but i'm pretty sure it has some sort of Anti-Virus software.

but i can see any anti-virus program
do u know any good ones?
thx for the help:)

Winston

HSC
No i don't sorry... someone will suggest one, i'm not a Mac user... don't be paranoid, i hardly here Mac users worrying about virus's

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
victorling: Did you just buy your iMac? You can get a package that comes with your computer, called .Mac.
Go to the place where you bought the iMac, and get .Mac ($99 with system purchase). It comes with a viruschecker, called Virex.

You can also get Norton for mac, but its probably no cheaper than buying this .Mac package and getting the other things with it.

But basically, because Macintosh has a approx. 3% market share, (ie people making virii can do more damage to the other 97%) there is less problem with virus' as a whole. However, they do exist, so probably best to still get a virus checker.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by J0n
That seems quite obvious ;)
lol shoosh you :p... no money, not that i'm not a Mac fan... i dream of a Powerbook

victorling

HSC
N/A
o yeah
i remember i head of it somewhere
isn't it called ibook as well?
also, i saw a wide screen for the latest apple computer, it worths like five thousands dollars! is it way better than the original ones?
i mean the whole set:the new rectangular, on-wall screen and the innovative hard disk

Winston

HSC
o yeah
i remember i head of it somewhere
isn't it called ibook as well?
also, i saw a wide screen for the latest apple computer, it worths like five thousands dollars! is it way better than the original ones?
i mean the whole set:the new rectangular, on-wall screen and the innovative hard disk

iBook is the older range of their Laptops

victorling

HSC
N/A
btw
anyone knows what do i need to get wireless internet connection?
because i have got a laptop recently with wireless conncection
i am now paying monthly for my adsl and would i need to pay another monthly payment for thw wireless connection?
thank you!
One more thing, does a router with multiple ports share internet speed when i pluged into it more than 1 cable?

Winston

HSC
btw
anyone knows what do i need to get wireless internet connection?
because i have got a laptop recently with wireless conncection
i am now paying monthly for my adsl and would i need to pay another monthly payment for thw wireless connection?
thank you!
One more thing, does a router with multiple ports share internet speed when i pluged into it more than 1 cable?
No you don't purchase Wi-Fi internet, although i think you can in some countries. Since you have ADSL, all you need to do is purchase Wireless router, and plug a Ethernet cable from your ADSL into your router. When multiple Ethernet cables are plugged into the router, i.e. multiple nodes connected, speed wise is still the same, it's not divided up, one PC, might be using up all the bandwidth, and the other might be using just a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)