Imams condone rape, violence right here in Australia (2 Viewers)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
SOME Muslim imams condone rape and domestic violence within marriage, exploitation of women, welfare fraud and polygamy, a report has found.
The report was based on a study commissioned and funded by the former coalition government and produced by the Islamic Welfare Council of Victoria, Fairfax newspapers report.

The report, presented on yesterday at a National Centre for Excellence in Islamic Studies conference at the University of Melbourne, alleged that some Victorian imams:

* Apply Sharia law only where it benefits men;
* Hinder police investigations of domestic violence claims; and
* Knowingly perform polygamous marriages, which allow a second wife to claim Centrelink payments because they are regarded as de facto wives under Australian law.

The study was based on extensive community consultation; interviews with police, lawyers, court staff and academics, and meetings and interviews with the Victorian Board of Imams, Fairfax said.

The report said the 24-man board ignored or did not directly answer many of the questions put to it.

Women, community and legal workers and police said they were concerned about domestic violence and said imams put the interest of families ahead of women.

Relatives and community members sometimes pressured women to drop domestic violence cases, the report said.

Former husbands entered the houses of their separated but not religiously divorced ex-wives, demanding sex and, in some cases, committing rape.

"Workers who have assisted women in this situation said that the advice women received from the imams was that it was `halal' - permitted - because there was a valid - `nikah' - marriage," it says.

Melbourne Muslims were increasingly accepting polygamous marriages while police in Shepparton say many de facto relationships were really polygamous marriages, the report said.

The imams' narrow religious training, lack of life experience, poor English and a lack of understanding of Australia caused problems, some quoted in the report said.

The secretary of the Board of Imams, Sheikh Fehmi Naji El-Imam, denied the complaints "absolutely".

"They must have heard stories here and there and are writing about them as though they are fact," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24684221-29277,00.html

like seriously.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Those Imams... doesn't give a fuck. Just here to troll u Australia

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
islam is the worst religion...all religions are bad but at the moment islam is leading the race...used to be catholicism when they burned people at the stake for heresy...but now its these fuckers

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
islam is the worst religion...all religions are bad but at the moment islam is leading the race...used to be catholicism when they burned people at the stake for heresy...but now its these fuckers
bro, say it to my face yulleh, i swar to god ill crack your face open wallah bro.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
fuk 'im bigboyjames. he sayin it ova teh indernet uleh, we go ova to is home and bash up his muvva, den he know bout it bro. den well see who has deh worse religion eh bro?

edit: and for allah's sake, please change your avatar. it's too big.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i know an ex muslim irl

she said muslims are insane and when they say theyre not, theyre lying

i concur

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
bigboyjames01 said:
bro, say it to my face yulleh, i swar to god ill crack your face open wallah bro.
no muslims arent violent at all...when the pope said they were they burnt down churches...when the danish newspapers printed pictures of mohumad they bombed the offices...

spyro14

HSC
You can't pin this entirely on the Muslim people as a whole. The problem isn't the Islamic religion but those who hold influence over the people. Over here we find that Muslims are vilified all the time, just like us "westerners" would be in the middle east. It's just that a very small portion of the muslim people take it alot further than any of we would, so we take it out on those that live here. So naturally some Australian Muslims respond aggressively.

dreamah89

HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
Before u form an opinion or make a judgment about Islam or any other religion for that matter, i think you should educate urself about the religion rather than coming to conclusions based on what you think you know. Judging by your comment you're not only racist but ignorant and stupid as well.

Martin Luther King, Jr.:
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
dreamah89 said:
Before u form an opinion or make a judgment about Islam or any other religion for that matter, i think you should educate urself about the religion rather than coming to conclusions based on what you think you know. Judging by your comment you're not only racist but ignorant and stupid as well.

Martin Luther King, Jr.:
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
haha racist? islam isnt a race...and i hate all religions who believe in deities...im an atheist...LMAO at racist hahaha...now who is ignorant?

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Premise 1: Religion is shit
Premise 2: Islam is a religion

Conclusion: Islam is shit

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
katie tully said:
i know an ex muslim irl

she said muslims are insane and when they say theyre not, theyre lying

i concur
coming from a current muslim irl
your friend is right

but then everyone is fucking insane. i have not met a sane person yet. i'll tell you when i do.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
haha racist? islam isnt a race...and i hate all religions who believe in deities...im an atheist...LMAO at racist hahaha...now who is ignorant?
your an atheist thats going to hell HAHAHAH

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
wrxsti said:
your an atheist thats going to hell HAHAHAH
Oh, no, not eternal separation from a Being that doesn't exist in the first place!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)