IMBG - The IMB Group (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Hey guys, i'd just like to introduce a new society on campus: the IMB Group. Our main aims are to educate students on investing, along with providing career related information on the investment banking and investment management industries.

I posted this here and not in the commerce section because this society is not aimed only at commerce students - everybody has money to invest (or will have a some stage).

Anyway check out our website: www.imbg.org. Standard membership is free, and you can join online. The first newsletter will be up tonight.

Cheers.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
sounds good ND! good work.. look forward to seeing u guys on campus

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Awesome, I'm actually looking to try my hand at investing, just needed some info on it, cool :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I think Steve will be interested in this for sure. As for me, I dont have any money to invest :(

The website is awesome, it looks really professional! Good luck! :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it sounds like a good idea, i will be checking back for the newsletter and maybe joining

ND

HSC
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yeh we'll have a stall, Isaac and myself will be manning it for most of the week so come down and say hi. I've attached the newsletter for anyone that's interested.

RIZAL

HSC
Well we had a few BOS members turn up on Monday which was great!

As an update, we signed up no less than 129 people on our first day of recruitment! This positive feedback is extremely encouraging and validates our decision to establish the society. IMBG will be working over time to ensure that we deliver top quality investment and career advice to our members ASAP.

Come and visit the new, improved and non-rained-on stall today!

Special offer for Tuesday: Sign up for premium membership ($10) and get a free Australian Financial Review (worth $2.50)!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Do BOS members do a special handshake?

HSC
N/A
... we should. If we haven't galready :p

I walked past the store yesterday... not sure whether to invest because I can't think very complex-ly with money, but it looked interesting :)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
Do BOS members do a special handshake?
yeah, we should. How about exactly 4 handshakes, followed by a nod with the phrase 'are you bored?'. And if they dont get it by then a quick punch in the stomach followed by throwing the person over and laughing for exactly 3.14 seconds...

or we could just ask. are you from bored of studies?.. either way is groovy.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Premium Membership gives you access to events and competitions.
http://www.imbg.org/membership.htm

I signed up for just a normal one today because I didn't have cash on me. I'll have some with me tomorrow or Thursday.

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
I signed up, but only an irish/scottish(dunno?) girl was there. She seemed bored, maybe not as successful today hmmm

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
I think Steve will be interested in this for sure. As for me, I dont have any money to invest :(

The website is awesome, it looks really professional! Good luck! :D
you totally snubbed me today. :(

ND

HSC
Orange Juice said:
whats the difference between a premium and standard membership?
Standard membership doesn't give you access to the career info database on our website (which you only need if you're interested in careers in the industries), and there'll be a $5 entry into the investment comp for standard members (as there'll be cash prizes).

Premium Membership gives you access to events and competitions.
http://www.imbg.org/membership.htm

I signed up for just a normal one today because I didn't have cash on me. I'll have some with me tomorrow or Thursday.
You should have introduced yourself, make sure you do next time you come by. (not sure if i was there at the time though, had some class)

I signed up, but only an irish/scottish(dunno?) girl was there. She seemed bored, maybe not as successful today hmmm
Hahah i'm really not sure who you're talking about, are you sure she was scottish/irish? My girlfriend was manning it for a bit while the rest of us were in class, but she's definately not scottish/irish.

It was actually still successful today, signed up more premium members than yesturday. Although it seems that it goes in waves - one second you'll be looking for people to approach, the next there's like 8 ppl at the stall and it's chaotic.

I walked past the store yesterday... not sure whether to invest because I can't think very complex-ly with money, but it looked interesting
Should have signed up, you've got nothing to lose. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)