Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
kami said:
w00tage! Fresh meat!:D
(though its covered in Lynn's glitter and...err whatever Alan left on there but its still good!).
that sounds soooooo suss!!! lol! Alex giggles wildly.

Hello there Chris!

Last edited:

illodous

Angels...
HSC
gorgo31 said:
Chris loves warm welcomes, and thanks Lynn and Evan. Though he's a little uncertain about mysterious, glittery couches...

At this particular time, Chris should be studying for those nasty English exams, Legal Studies, Modern History, History Extension and Economics. He's a not-so-great studier :(

However, he has a question! Though he's read many of the first pages of posts in this thread, Chris wonders where the use of first-person terminology originated and for what purpose. This is why he hasn't posted here earlier - he thought he might use the wrong voice and ruin the thousands of posts preceding him :D

Anyway, Chris hopes everyone is having better luck with studying than him!

Matt waves a big HELLO DAVE! to Chris and asks him to join in the bandwagon of struggling-studiers and procrastinators!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
gorgo31 said:
Chris loves warm welcomes, and thanks Lynn and Evan. Though he's a little uncertain about mysterious, glittery couches...

At this particular time, Chris should be studying for those nasty English exams, Legal Studies, Modern History, History Extension and Economics. He's a not-so-great studier :(

However, he has a question! Though he's read many of the first pages of posts in this thread, Chris wonders where the use of first-person terminology originated and for what purpose. This is why he hasn't posted here earlier - he thought he might use the wrong voice and ruin the thousands of posts preceding him :D

Anyway, Chris hopes everyone is having better luck with studying than him!
Evan will try to explain the 3rd person phenomena even though he is probably still comparatively a n00b.:p Third person originated as a bit of a silly game and evolved into a sort of tradition that marks this thread and the type of conversation typically found within. As such it is adhered to for it separates this thread from being "just" a spam thread. However at times when a point must be made in all seriousness that does not fit with the casual banter often typified by third person then that point is expressed in first person instead. Also members who were part of the original "coterie" of I-PR posters but who do not as regularly appear anymore sometimes use first person in place of third, however third person if possible is generally encouraged.:)
Evan would also like to point out there is no such thing as a "wrong" voice, only a different one.

Last edited:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Amy welcomes Chris and would also like to point out the first 1/2 of teh msn convo quoted in Matt's sig is grossly taken out of context and hence LAME.

gorgo31

HSC
amoz_lilo said:
Amy welcomes Chris and would also like to point out the first 1/2 of teh msn convo quoted in Matt's sig is grossly taken out of context and hence LAME.
Chris ROFLed as he had not noticed Matt's signature until that moment.

He thanks both Matt and Amy for such a hearty laugh :D

Chris waves to Alex, and thanks Evan for the "inside" scoop. He doesn't feel so bad about procrastinating now, although come December 16th and 17th, he may have a slight change of heart.

enigma~

HSC
WHO SAYS MONIQUE ISN'T SERIOUS ABOUT BEING A MOD?! Though...she can imagine the state of the forum if she did become one :D Perhaps she should mod a different forum, legal perhaps? Something other than maths.

Monique also waves to Chris and asks if he would like some nachos, straight from the IPR kitchen! However, she warns him not to take any of the 'special' sauce. Evan bought that so it can't be safe...*cue suspense music*

enigma~

HSC
*kicks Alex under table*
They're not those kinda nachos *winks*

400miles

Liam's been helping his sister with studying for English. He never thought he'd have to revisit his journeys studies every again. EVER. HE IS GOING INSANE.
On a different note, Liam would like to announce that if anyone is to be mod he should be THE LAST person to be considered. Just in case anyone was thinking about him at a time like this.
Cries.

J

jhakka

Just a note on the mod thing, guys. As I said before, if you are interested in becoming a mod for Extension 2 (or any other forum) please feel free to send myself or Lynny a PM with your application. Another thing to consider is that public campaigns for modship are generally looked down upon, and I personally consider it to be more to the credit of the user if such aspirations were kept somewhat private.

The choice to apply for modship is a personal thing, and no weighting is given to user nominations when the decision is to be made. This is the reason why users are required to submit their own application. In the end the people responsible are the user, the mods who vote, and the admins who have the final say.

I don't mind hypothetical mod discussions taking place here, however I do not think it is appropriate for us to start making serious nominations or beginning campaigns.

Sorry to spoil the fun, but I don't want things to get too serious or out of hand.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
Oh are we doing mod nominations? :p

Me or kami!
Evan's name has drifted from Nick's memory so quickly!:( He knew he was boring, but to this degree?

nwatts

HSC
Ah crap, sorry Justin. :(

AND EVAN, I'M SO SORRY.

I apologise to everyone.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan would also ask if Nick minds adding his schools trial to the stockpile thread in EE1 genre subforum?

J

jhakka

Nah, it's all good. You can talk about it. But no nominations will be considered by mods unless a serious application is made via PM.

nwatts

HSC
kami said:
Evan would also ask if Nick minds adding his schools trial to the stockpile thread in EE1 genre subforum?
Consider it done.

Nick doesn't have time for a modstick. And he's made ghastly enemies with too many mods for there ever to be a chance. :p

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
400miles said:
Liam's been helping his sister with studying for English. He never thought he'd have to revisit his journeys studies every again. EVER. HE IS GOING INSANE.
On a different note, Liam would like to announce that if anyone is to be mod he should be THE LAST person to be considered. Just in case anyone was thinking about him at a time like this.
Cries.
Katie wonders who this "liam" is and why he is in thomas' account? Katie loves thomas and hopes he is ok and wonders when she will be getting an invitation to his upcoming nuptuals with Missy Higgins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)