important question about provisions (1 Viewer)

ajfry

HSC
yo
so i broke my leg about 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to study effectively (or with any concentration at all) until this week, which obviously hasn't given me much time to study:vcross:
im applying for extra UAI marks, but am still very worried as to how i will perform in the exams and if i will get into my uni course.
has anyone gone through a similar situation to mine, or knows of someone who has?
i would appreciate any knowledge on how many extra marks is common for someone like me to get as well as any other helpful information you may have.
Sankyou in advance,
Al.

cxlxoxk

HSC
be thankful it was ur leg and not ur elbow, wrist or hand.

hard to tell how many marks u would get

JDurrant

HSC
How did a broken leg affect your study pattern?

Would've actually increased my productivity.

cxlxoxk

HSC
yeah broken leg means you can't move, meaning staying at a desk studying!

so i don't think it will be accepted actually now that i look at it that way!

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
not sure u can get because one time period only effects last week of school
two i think i has to be an more extensive time period then that
three probably better to ask person who handles ur hsc knowledge at ur school or actually contact the board

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Doesn't special provision mean someone writes for you, or giving you a type writter?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I think you will only be able to apply for special provisions through misadventure at your school. Please provide your school with medical certificates, etc and fill out the board of studies documents, etc. You will probably be allowed rest break breaks. I doubt you will get anything more.

My friend had the identical situation as you have breaking his leg 4 weeks before the hsc. It does not really impair your ability to sit the exam so yeah there's nothing they can do except to provide you rest breaks, etc. That's if they approve it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)