In all honesty, could I just get away with not addressing this dot point? (1 Viewer)

emilios

HSC
gather, process and present
information on the features of
the local town water supply in
terms of:
- catchment area
- possible sources of
contamination in this
catchment
- chemical tests available to
determine levels and types
of contaminants
- physical and chemical
processes used to purify
water
- chemical additives in the
water and the reasons for
the presence of these
additives

Doesn't really seem like an exam question they'd ask, and our class has already had our research task. Plus if it comes up in the exam, wouldn't they give you secondary information to go off?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
The HSC markers will have access to a computer and they will quickly Google up your scientist if it's not a 'common' one.

QZP

HSC
I'm pretty sure HSC marking is going digital starting from this year. Won't be a good idea to make things up especially if markers have quick access to the internet.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure HSC marking is going digital starting from this year. Won't be a good idea to make things up especially if markers have quick access to the internet.
they say that every year but fak it. Just don't make up things like formulas and shit

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Starts using calculus formulae in Physics

#100%
In out physics class; most of the students did 3U anyways do when we got to projectile motion, everyone was doing different things. The answers were "correct" but I am unsure how they mark in the hsc. Reminds me of the 1121/1131 phys paper q1 we just did lol

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
In out physics class; most of the students did 3U anyways do when we got to projectile motion, everyone was doing different things. The answers were "correct" but I am unsure how they mark in the hsc. Reminds me of the 1121/1131 phys paper q1 we just did lol
Yeah I did everything using 3 unit method because it said derive.

I hadn't done that stuff in around maths but when others confirmed I got the answer right I was happy.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You can't skip this dot point - it's quite common and "making it up" will almost certainly get you a straight 0. If I remember correctly, for the scientist question, I did my teacher in the trial or one of the assessments.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You can't skip this dot point - it's quite common and "making it up" will almost certainly get you a straight 0. If I remember correctly, for the scientist question, I did my teacher in the trial or one of the assessments.
Haha what?

Didn't that land you a straight zero?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha what?

Didn't that land you a straight zero?
I did know his work history as a food chemist in QA/QC so they can't mark you down for that. Generally, if your work is at least mildly amusing to read, you will get a good mark. Only recently, at uni, I put a pic of a hot babe in the body of a paper I wrote and got 90.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)