ind vs aus, test series (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
good comeback by the indians today, after getting slaughtered on day1. would have been a good match, had it not been for the torrid weather.
it will probably play out to a draw, unless india get bundled out tomorrow[quite likely:p].

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
well atleast michael clarke will get in the team after waugh is gone. this bloke will be the next aussie captain!

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
bypass ponting and make clarke the captain so that NSW has 3 Aussie test captain in a row and piss David Hooke off.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
havnt heard much of love this season, its all been katich. katich has been on fire in both short and long forms.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
but knowing the selecters they'll prolly pick love instead....
i hope not!

i seriously doubt they will by pass ponting for the captaincy. in fact they have already announced it.
clarke would be the next one for the job, as long he can stay in the side.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I was discussing this with a mate of mine.............

If Langer was ommited from the side..............who would replace him opening with Haddos..............

I said they would probably put Love in...........the Aus. selectors are loving this double left handed combo............

Does anyone know if Slats still has a ACB contract?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
move ghilchrist up to open. it probaly wouldnt happen, but it would be nice.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
regardless of how many runs are being scored, i still think clarke should be in the test squad sooner rather than later. this side is ageing and they need to look to the future.

sure gilly aint 'test' class in terms of opening, but perhaps if he does open , he could change current opening batting trends. much like the lankans did to one dayers in the early 90's.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Asquithian
CLarkes recent form has been in the one day internationals...

his first class level form has been only OK...there are many players in Australia who are scoring more runs at first class level...which is what test teams should be picked on...
nathan bracken was included in the team with exactly the same facts, although, i suppose there were injuries...

gilchrist to open would be a desparate move...dont think it is the wisest one either.
love would probably be the one to choose, i dont think it would matter, hayden is good enough on his own. :p

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
so its a draw, not surprised with this result. dravid and laxman did well at the end. two nice stroker players with solid technique.

Rahul

Dead Member
couldnt really expect anything other than a draw with 2 days lost to rain.
unlucky for hayden. i remember him getting out in the same region in india when he was on 97. oh well, he gets plenty of centuries anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)