India uses truth serum on Mumbai gunman (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
truth serum may or may not work. Subject is just more likely to confuse fact with fiction and end up giving wrong information.

boris

Banned
HSC
Go to wiki article. apparently it doesn't work often when the subject is a good liar or has a thourough story made up in their head. By the way this guy is carrying on he doesnt have a story made up, he is already telling them stuff.

Edit: they are using sodium pentethal. a barbituate

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I actually agree with this. Because if they did do it, they're never going to admit to it, not when they are so callous as to able to carry such a thing out. I'm not sure how it's torture when it's only messing with your higher cognitive functions--it's not causing you pain in any way (physical, cognitive, emotion, mental)

boris

Banned
HSC
no its not, its current affairs. the main point of the thread is whether this is right and whether torture is justified. get out

impervious182

HSC
boris said:
no its not, its current affairs. the main point of the thread is whether this is right and whether torture is justified. get out
Well then maybe the title should make that explicitly clear! Yeah! Didn't think about that did you.

To me, it looks light!

I mean, how is analysing Kevin Rudd's first year in office in a completely bias way 'light news' and this not?

mooooodddddeeeeerrrratttoooooorrrrsss!!!! lol.

impervious182

HSC
Josip Broz Tito said:
you're a little whiny bitch
Hahaha... it was a joke Tito... a joke. You're beginning to remind me of what I heard of the real Tito.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
boris said:
I don't think it's torture, but I do think that it's a case of violation of human rights.

boris

Banned
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I don't think it's torture, but I do think that it's a case of violation of human rights.
Since when do pakis have human rights?

If it was a jew would you have a different stance lol?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
One of the key aspects of 'truth serum' is sort of like a placebo effect. If you're drunk on depressants, and you're told you're being injected with truth serum, you're more likely to believe it and tell the truth.

This stuff does have real psychoactive properties related to removing inhibitions and stuff, though.

alexdore993 said:
Well then maybe the title should make that explicitly clear! Yeah! Didn't think about that did you.

To me, it looks light!

I mean, how is analysing Kevin Rudd's first year in office in a completely bias way 'light news' and this not?

mooooodddddeeeeerrrratttoooooorrrrsss!!!! lol.
Just stop posting you silly little prat.

Last edited:

kwabon

Banned
HSC
i noe many ppl are gonna be angry wid wat i say, but after all those terros caused us (the Indians, yes i am Indian), i reckon we should actually start torturing them and get any piece of information possible. yeh fine start wid the turth serum and then move onto something deadlier like the use of electric shock, temporary suffocation, hanging by the ankles or wrists, removal of fingernails, punctures with sharp objects, rape, the threat of rape, and the threat of murder of family members.
yes i noe i really hate terros.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
kwabon said:
i noe many ppl are gonna be angry wid wat i say, but after all those terros caused us (the Indians, yes i am Indian), i reckon we should actually start torturing them and get any piece of information possible. yeh fine start wid the turth serum and then move onto something deadlier like the use of electric shock, temporary suffocation, hanging by the ankles or wrists, removal of fingernails, punctures with sharp objects, rape, the threat of rape, and the threat of murder of family members.
yes i noe i really hate terros.
The thing is torture doesn't work for extracting information.

CNS depressants actually have a somewhat reasonable track record and none (or far less) of the ethically dubious psychological damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)