Indian call centre staff told Australians are dumb, drunken racists Read more: http: (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
INDIAN call centres are teaching staff Australia is the world's "dumbest continent" where people "drink constantly" and are "quite racist".
Staff taught "how to act Australian" are also told to "speak slowly" to customers on the other end of the phone line because they tend to be technologically "backwards".
Indian-based telephone spruikers and helpline operators are also warned that Australians are "touchy" about their pets.
They are also instructed it's OK to hang up on Australians who use the "preferred term for us" - "brown bastards".
The revelations have caused a stir in the US over cultural stereotyping after they appeared in the reputable news magazine Mother Jones.
One of the magazine's writers, journalist Andrew Marantz, spent weeks undertaking training in India with locals at an organisation called the Delhi Call Centre.
"For three weeks, a culture trainer will teach us conversational skills, Australian pop culture, and the terms of the mobile phone contracts we'll be peddling," he says. "Our first job at DCC will be to interrupt Australians at dinner and ask them to switch phone providers."
Marantz told The Sunday Mail he undertook the investigation last year, when there was some publicity about Indian students in Australia facing violent attacks.
The training program taught employees about conversational skills and Australian pop culture in the hope that they would build a rapport with the person they were trying to sell to.
In "dissecting" the Australian psyche in 20 minutes, the teacher told the class, "Just stating the facts, guys. Australia is known as the dumbest continent. Literally, college was unknown there until recently, so speak slowly".
"Technologically speaking, they're somewhat backward, as well. The average person's mobile would be no better than, say, a Nokia 3110 classic."
That revelation "drew scoffs from around the room".
"Australians drink constantly," the teacher warned. "If you call on a Friday night, they'll be smashed - every time.
"Oh, and don't attempt to make small talk with them about their pets, OK? They can be quite touchy about animals."
When one call centre student asked what kind of people lived in Australia, the teacher replied: "Let's admit: they are quite racist. They do not like Indians."
She continued: "Their preferred term for us is ... 'brown bastards'."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/business/ind...ts/story-e6frfm1i-1226101079656#ixzz1TLl65tyy

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Re: Indian call centre staff told Australians are dumb, drunken racists Read more: h

So how's widespread poverty going for you India

HSC
Re: Indian call centre staff told Australians are dumb, drunken racists Read more: h

hahahahahah shit

brilliant

do not disagree with some of that

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

Still drinking the water you shit in

HSC

#2 hdi whilst being the least intelligent and most drunk

australia doing it rite

HSC

they're right we are pretty dumb and drunk and a lot of the population is old and actually are technologically retarded

#2 besst country

#1 happiest country

doin it rite

HSC

i wonder if we would be #1 everything if it wasnt for abos

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

i wonder if we would be #1 everything if it wasnt for abos
i wonder if we'd be #1 if those brown bastards stopped calling us at dinner

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC

>Australia
>Drink alot
>Racist

haha, sounds about right

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

>Australia
>Drink alot
>Racist

haha, sounds about right
Yeah most of that seems correct, lol

HSC
Uni Grad

Whoever's doing the teaching there seems to really hate strayans.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A

probs some lousy bitch that couldn't score a visa to stay here

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Lets use our nokia 3110s as a communicatiom tool to discuss where to build Australia‘s first uni!

~apparent revolutionary~

LonelyWolf

HSC

haha who gives a fuck what a third world shithole like india thinks?

powlmao

Banned
HSC

i wonder if we'd be #1 if those brown bastards stopped calling us at dinner
Fuck I hate it when they call me at that time.

I just got one, told him to fuck off and stop calling me (I already had 5 calls this day)

MysteryGenius

HSC

why bother? just hang up on them. no problemo

MysteryGenius

HSC

This.

What I do is say "sorry, not interested" and then hang up without even listening.
same here. i understand that it's annoying and shit but they're people too and it's just not worth the effort in the end =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)