Indian Man attacked (1 Viewer)

OMFG7891

HSC
Lies. I hardly think areas like Wagga Wagga and Esendon in Melbourne contain significant if any visible ethnic minorities. On the news and according to demographics they are white suburbs. Australian police can only prey it is other ethnics so as to shift the blame on to others for racist attacks.
Wagga does, there are a lot of sudenese refugees.

fatmike93

HSC
Lies. I hardly think areas like Wagga Wagga and Esendon in Melbourne contain significant if any visible ethnic minorities. On the news and according to demographics they are white suburbs. Australian police can only prey it is other ethnics so as to shift the blame on to others for racist attacks.

the man that was burnt out in the outback, his job was to employ indian(and other foreign) student/citizens to come out and work for him on famrs, etc. He supposedly gave them opportunities to work for them, whilst exploiting them.

Btw my post was Extremely racist, and i regret that. Although my feelings towards indians (ones that are not raised in a civilised country) are genuine. In india, they are not educated about etiqutte and do not kow the conepts of stuff such as "personal space". these opinions come from numerous encounters with Indians (and some chinese people) who revolt me with their behaviour

OMFG7891

HSC
the man that was burnt out in the outback, his job was to employ indian(and other foreign) student/citizens to come out and work for him on famrs, etc. He supposedly gave them opportunities to work for them, whilst exploiting them.

Btw my post was Extremely racist, and i regret that. Although my feelings towards indians (ones that are not raised in a civilised country) are genuine. In india, they are not educated about etiqutte and do not kow the conepts of stuff such as "personal space". these opinions come from numerous encounters with Indians (and some chinese people) who revolt me with their behaviour
I understand what you're saying completely :) But I think what you're complaining about has more to do with cross cultural misunderstandings than people not being raised in "civilised countries" and race. I guess it's kind of like if we went to a beach in Vietnam for example we would act in a way which they would deem as uncivilised what with our swimmers and such, or if we went out to eat in China we may act in a manner which they think is disprespectful while in Australia nobody would care.
But as I said, I get where you're coming from and don't blame you for feeling that way after all, we're all entitled to an opinion. Besides, I think everyone feels that way sometimes when they are thrown into a situation where cultural differences get in the way, we claim they're being rude because of their race/culture and not because they might just be a real bastard regardless of where they're from lol

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's a bunch of lebs and middle-eastern thugs that are beating up the students in Melbourne, yet the Indians aren't losing their shit at Lebanon...

spartan31234

HSC
OMG why is this thread moved? To light an offbeat news?

This is main stream news. WTF

Last edited:

NewiJapper

HSC
spartan31234 said:
OMG why is this thread moved? To light an offbeat news?

This is main stream news. WTF
I AGREE! why was this moved? :p

Anyways onto my two cents. After all of these racial attacks do they factor in the "normal" people who have been attack, you know, that majority of people that don't get media exposure???

Of course if I was India I'd be upset and start pointing the finger at us too calling us racist, but honestly they have to clean up their own act first.

-Bride Burning
-Acid attacks
-Child prostitution
-Child labour

India can't accuse of Australia of being a racist country just because a couple of Indians were attack until they rid their countr of humanitarian crimes first :p

AND as it was said on the news 37,000 murders a year in India compared to the 500 or so in Australia per year? Mind you yes there is a vast population differene but the stats and evidence are there.

India, your an imbocile.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
a white woman was murdered in Griffith NSW by an indian man yesterday

RACISM

Amogh

HSC
N/A
India, your an imbocile.
lol don't you think thats a massive generalisation?
accusing a WHOLE country of subnormal intelligence..

o and its
imbecile :p

Just as Australia cannot be accused of racism (on the basis of these attacks) neither can India be discredited due to a bunch of dumbshits

eh..its a work in progress ;)

themonalisa

HSC
Im an Indian Australian and all the attacks that have happened here in Aus is not because of racial hatred. But simply because indian students are in teh wrong place at the wrong time. The attacker in this story was most likely non-white in ethnicity, and was an opportunist attacker.

The problem is here that indian students think they are immune like they were in India, and can safely walk the middle of a park at night and go into the city early in the morning as if nothign will happen to them.

The truth is that this is Australia, and thugs here will see a student, indian, chinese, korean, somalian, american, british and take advantage of their vulnerable position.... See More

so to stop these opportunist attacks, Indian students here have to travel smarter.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Its clearly more a case of "person walking through city late at night, on their own attacked"

xxshazz

HSC
Its clearly more a case of "person walking through city late at night, on their own attacked"

i agree

anyways, the chances of someone getting murdered in india is much higher than in australia. much safer here :)

Murders (per capita) by country
# 26 India:0.0344083 per 1,000 people

# 43 Australia:0.0150324 per 1,000 people

link: Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

the indian govt. keep harping on about these two murders, when they really should be worrying about their own country

like seriously, the murders in india aren't even reported in the news (except if it was some celebrity, high profile person or something unusual) and they keep hooting to the whole world "australia is a racist country and isn't safe for indians!"

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
^ Well, if you think of these attacks as racially-motivated, the above isn't necessarily true.
In India, you're one of billions of people who could get attacked (and note: for reasons relating to poverty, etc, not race). But if there's a wave of racism gripping Australia with Indian people being targetted well, there aren't really that many of them and they would probably have a much larger chance of being attacked than if they were living in India.

But I'm not going to argue that these attacks were racially-motivated because I don't know. What I do know though, is that Australia isn't necessarily the wonderfully multicultural society it claims to be. There are pockets of racism and they occur MUCH more often than you'd think. I'd know, I've been victim to it.

And like a lot of people, I do find these attacks frightening. I'm not Indian, I'm Sri Lankan but it's not like thugs are going to ask what nationality you belong to before lighting you on fire.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Man 'faked attack to claim insurance'

An Indian man who said he was set alight by assailants near his Melbourne home last month accidentally burned himself while torching his car for an insurance claim, police allege.

rajputsingh

HSC
The problem is here that indian students think they are immune like they were in India, and can safely walk the middle of a park at night and go into the city early in the morning as if nothign will happen to them.

I totally agree. I am an Indian Australian and in all honesty I absolutely hate Indian students! They are arrogant, do not know how to act and believe everyone is here to serve them. Well guess what...go and get f*****. We are the people who will have to clean up the mess these people have left. We will be the ones who will have this repuation burdened upon us. There is a enormous difference between Indian Australians and Indian students. Just go up to an Indian Australian and ask them how much they hate and ridicule these idiots.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
what

i doubt many indians think it is safe to walk through their streets and parks at night lol?

where did you come up with that, india is incredibly violent compared to australia

HSC
This is so disgusting.
I find it hard to believe that people wantonly murder others (unless they're completely insane), so I do believe the case where the man was burnt alive was racially motivated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)