Indie Music (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
johnnyJIM said:
fuck man, can you read properly it says indie music
id you dont like it DONT READ THE THREAD! easy as that

you may think this music is shit, but MANY more ppl think hip hop and rap is gay lol so pathetic
I can't tell if this is expert trolling or if you're just incredibly stupid

Miss Murder

HSC
m0ofin said:
I've always thought that indie was a subset of Alternative rock or that they were the same type of music except indie was where the band signed to independent labels whereas the latter was where they signed to major labels.

Meh, I've no clue actually.
Indie does stand for alternative, but it can be categorised into genres - i.e. indie rock, indie pop, indie metal, a lot of it is electronic/techno. However, indie bands are likely to be classified as alternative because they want to create their own style that's outside the mainstream. That's the reason many people listen to indie music, which is sort of pretentious.

Although, of course, it is admirable that they chose to pursue their own creativity rather than sign up with big record companies.

Recently indie's become a fad, which is sort of a paradox, but at least independent artists are gaining funds to continue their work. It would help if people chose music for the artist's talent, not just the fact that they are indie.

Many good indie bands have been mentioned already (as well as some not-so-good ones) but I might as well add Battle of Mice - really awesome music and powerful vocals, and Witch, an indie metal band.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)