Indigenous Peoples! (1 Viewer)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
is it enough to only have 2 specific examples? I know about IP in Australia and Canada, like the Acts and issues, and i have a good general knowledge of the issues they face around the world, but i was reading an exempelar essay, and it mentioned them in Australia, Canada, PNG and somewhere else. Do you think just Aust and Canada is enough for band 5? cos i don't think i have time to learn 2 more....

millencolinstar

HSC
i do indigenous peoples..

and i know very little case studies and acts and any legal specifics realy...

i really need help..

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
i would be using more than 2

Botswana - EU had to come in and tell the gov. to piss off after the tried urbanising the Botswana IPs

NZ - Maori's have 2 seats reserved for them in parliament

Japan - Ainu peoples totally wiped out by the japs

Canada - Inuits show example of Cultural integrity by still hunting, but now using snow mobiles! (lol i love that ay)

Canada again - Nisga'a peoples given a shitload of land to have SD over.. in fact if there is ever a conflict over Canadian Common law and Nisga'a customary law, then Nisga'a law overrides

USA - the gov. folded and let the Peabody mining company "relocate" the Navajo Indian homeland

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
i would be using more than 2

Botswana - EU had to come in and tell the gov. to piss off after the tried urbanising the Botswana IPs

NZ - Maori's have 2 seats reserved for them in parliament

Japan - Ainu peoples totally wiped out by the japs

Canada - Inuits show example of Cultural integrity by still hunting, but now using snow mobiles! (lol i love that ay)

Canada again - Nisga'a peoples given a shitload of land to have SD over.. in fact if there is ever a conflict over Canadian Common law and Nisga'a customary law, then Nisga'a law overrides

USA - the gov. folded and let the Peabody mining company "relocate" the Navajo Indian homeland

Thats about all i can think of at the moment.. but as i said in anther post, i just woke up lol!

Anyone who wants to talk IP's, shelter, or anything in general really, add me to your MSN - i will be on till about 11pm... im not the world's best source, but i know a little lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)