Individual Projects 2004 (1 Viewer)

lethal kangaroo

Hey caramelheaven!, My Ext Video Idea-
My *latest* idea is about misdirection- this guy is lost- you see shots of news reports and his mum talking to reporters - he's hitching along a road and gets picked up late at night by this driver who you get the impression is up to no good. There are more reports about a 'manhunt' for this kid- only snippets of news. Police find evidence of the kid having been picked up. They find the car abandoned a ways down the road and we see a body covered with a sheet being brought up from the car- we assume its the hitcher. Back to a news report "The Hitcher has struck again"- the KID is killing people. The last bit is a shot with the kid getting into another car in the middle of the day in a crowded place saying something -shudder- cliched about "people arent always what they seem". Thats about it- only ion the VERY early stages of course! I'll probably change it again.
Re the editing- I'm doing that myself- got the programmes on my computer and I've worked with them before- it's not hard a all if you can get the right programmes- I'm using Vegas Video and Sonic Foundry Sound Forge for the audio editing (although you dont have to do them separately)
What about you?

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Just make sure that with your IP Logbook, it doesn't look like an art assignment with pretty detailed drawings and headings. It's the content (The Meat as I like to refer to it) of the Logbook that matters. I've been doing logbooks since yr 9 for classwork, after school competitions and productions.

I'm doing Performance for my IP. And I'm thinking that I might adapt it from a script I've found. A friend of mine did that for her IP last year and it worked flawlessly.

fringey

HSC
Originally posted by Skillo
Just make sure that with your IP Logbook, it doesn't look like an art assignment with pretty detailed drawings and headings. It's the content (The Meat as I like to refer to it)

I disagree to an extent, make it pretty and you will be more proud of it. Sure the "meat" does count and I would includes lots of it.... but a picture says a thousands words and no marker wants to read messy, unorganised crap. Make it beautiful, show them that you care and then, they will care for you (reflected in your marks!)

But who cares your doing performance and they look at yours for about one minute.

And if your doing something like poster or set it should practically look like an art log.

fringey

HSC
It isn't marked apparently. But indirectly I think it is a huge contributing factor especially for written works like criticism, directing etc..
It shows the process that you went through and most importantly how much work you have put into it. Well just think about it you are looking at two I.Ps. The actual projects are about the same quality. One of them has a journal absolutley chokas the other is only ten pages. Who do you think is going to get the better mark?
It also provides clarification for the markers that you are the one that has done all the work. And is also a reference so that they can look up something that perhaps they don't quite understand in your work.
So, I still think it is very, very important.
It is also helpful for yourself because it helps you sort out your ideas and also, generate more!

So stop stressing just put in what I have already said, it is plenty, and you will do tops!!

fringey

HSC
lol!! You r going to do fine. I mean you are starting now and that is what makes all the difference.

Barbie_Bitch

meh. im doing promotion and program and i'm already stressing. i cant find models for my cover and drawing it is not an option. also, i havent got a job to pay for my printing costs and shit! AHHHH! im gonna die

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by Barbie_Bitch
meh. im doing promotion and program and i'm already stressing. i cant find models for my cover and drawing it is not an option. also, i havent got a job to pay for my printing costs and shit! AHHHH! im gonna die
Well I did poster program for my Yr11 project (long story short, we were given 3 weeks to make an individual project) and after I printed it out, my teacher told me off cause I didnt get the $ out of the drama budget and told me she would re-imburse me, i told her not to worry, but it could be an option for you.

Also, what models do you need, I had to collect a million pics for mine (I did A Dream Play)

Barbie_Bitch

huh? oh. i mean models as in like ppl to take pics of. im doing oedipus rex so i'm trying to convince a friend to let me model her baby. its so dumb. i hate the hsc but THANK YOU for the idea about the drama budget. i'll have a chat to miss and see what she says! thanks!!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Just a quick question to anyone who did ext 2 and drama as well...are the journals for both subjects just as significant as the other? Which is more looked at? I don't want to say, which is more important, but which should i focus more on, because i know in ext 2, the marker will never see my journal.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by Barbie_Bitch
huh? oh. i mean models as in like ppl to take pics of. im doing oedipus rex so i'm trying to convince a friend to let me model her baby. its so dumb. i hate the hsc but THANK YOU for the idea about the drama budget. i'll have a chat to miss and see what she says! thanks!!!
I'll model... lol :)

fringey

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
Just a quick question to anyone who did ext 2 and drama as well...are the journals for both subjects just as significant as the other? Which is more looked at? I don't want to say, which is more important, but which should i focus more on, because i know in ext 2, the marker will never see my journal.
Okay, the markers don't see english so spend more time on drama coz they do. Except don't neglect english because it will count for internal assesments which are, just as important.

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Do whatever u feel comfortable with... - but if u can do performance and face ur fear - even betta!

P.s - is anyone planing to go to NIDA after HSC?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by fringey
Okay, the markers don't see english so spend more time on drama coz they do. Except don't neglect english because it will count for internal assesments which are, just as important.
Ok, thank you fringey. I really need to get my teacher to look at my journal, coz I'm thinking it really sux. It's so hard to keep up with both journals.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Ok, for some reason I thought that the drama journal was looked and marked by the examiners. I've just checked the syllabus, and the drama journals are NOT marked, and they do not count to your external HSC mark. However, they may be used as an assessment mark for internal school marks.

Gosh, I nearly had a heart-attack!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)