Inevitable Boredom (1 Viewer)

Smeed

HSC
Has anyone else found that after they have gotten over the initial excitement of finishing their hsc (for those who haven't yet, the time is near) and done all of the things that they had wanted to do that they find themselves inexplicably getting bored rather quickly?

Personally, I finished on the 7th, and just four days later I am already bored (even though its 2am right now, sleeping just doesn't seem right). I've managed to procure a casual job so that should keep me busy somewhat.

What have other people been doing to keep themselves occupied and active?

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
mmorpg-ing with my fellow geeky ex-school mates = w00t!!!
followed by new computer + LAN event = +15% Geekiness 6ft Range Aura To Party ability

besides that all i have is a bit of art to work on, hoping to bribe my way into Digital Media if im below the cut off. maybe a bit of excercising to do (fk i was able to do the front splits last christmas, now i can barely touch my toes). might get myself a few books to read (the impacts of the HSC are clearly evident).

have some cleaning to do, clothes to buy, dogs to walk, heaps of little things that i never had time for during the HSC which will be completed in small doses so as not exhaust them.

also never underestimate the fun of stocking up on junk food and hiring a stack of DVDs consisting of cheap american toilet humor and attempts at reviving outdated comic book super heroes to stardom.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I propose we compile a master list of things to do to overcome boredom. This time will be most likely the biggest holiday we'll ever get where there's nothing to worry about.

I'll start the list with some (not very good) suggestions. Please add more!

1. Do driving- for those still on their Ls
  2. Clean room and rid it of year 12ness
  3. Sell textbooks
  4. Schoolies
  5. Donate blood
  6. Go shopping
  7. Join the gym
  8. See movies
  9. Do the Board walk
  10. Learn to cook something
  11. Rent movies
  12. Read
  13. Sleep in
  14. Be in the sun
  15. Do Christmas shopping
  16. Movie marathon day
  17. Reorganise computer
  18. Sort out old CDs

shepster

Steeplechaser
HSC
Run 20km a day what else would i want to do.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
How can you get bored? Not if you have a computer with Internet access :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
airie said:
How can you get bored? Not if you have a computer with Internet access :D
QFT

I never got overexcited in the first place, felt the same just like before the exams but minus all that pressure. :p

HSC
I wasnt as excitied when i finished my HSC

its just the stress that died.. but yeah ..

hmm.. i still havent written a list "things to do yet" ..

i shall !..

have fun guys.

Lizcat

HSC
im extremely bored too... and i finished only yesturday..and my parents put me straight into work today!! :(.. didnt mind.. need the cash to fulfil my wishlist..
-buy all DVDs of movies i never watched but always wanted to
-buy formal clothes even tho my formal is next SATurday!!!!!!!
-go shopping!!!!!!!!!!!
and yee.. im broke! so its worth it i guess..

-start exercising!!

edit.. i hadnt had coffee in 2 months.. and i think i was only excited about finishing the HSC.. coz i was gonna have COFFEE again!.. (i swore to not take coffee during stuvac and HSC.. makes me agitated)
but i think i should have had coffee coz i was feelling the effects of not having coffee once week 2 of HSC started!

Last edited:

shimmy&shine

HSC
I can't wait for this 'boredom' period

I'm still studying and lulling and waiting for the damn hsc exams to finish!!!

Why did i do Society and Culture? and why am I procrastinating?

Speaking of procrastinating.. does the post-hsc feel like one giant procrastination?

congrats for those who have finished!! yay! :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Yes, the boredom has finally sunk in. Trying to go out and make use of my time. I probably should be looking for casual work perhaps as a tutor or something like that....
I still have to go to school next week for clearance procedures and then there's the shocking revelations of our internal ranks....:(
To minimise my boredom, I'll probably clean my room and dump all my Year 12 stuff in like 5 big boxes (I have a sibling so unfortunately I cannot burn them) and go out to look for something decent to wear for the upcoming formal and download some music...
Whilst I am temporarily in a state of looking for something productive to do, I know that I will not be looking forward to receiving my results and then putting up with the inevitable annoyance of everyone asking "What did you get?! What did you get?!" that will come in about a month's time..........

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Trebla said:
Whilst I am temporarily in a state of looking for something productive to do, I know that I will not be looking forward to receiving my results and then putting up with the inevitable annoyance of everyone asking "What did you get?! What did you get?!" that will come in about a month's time..........
I think I'll turn off my phone, avoid msn and hide away for a while until the 'what did you gets' die down, not looking forward to that at all :bomb:

xxxx8888

HSC
i'm limiting myself to one movie during these holidays (which will take place this tuesday . . . lol) unless REALLY good movies come out - because i've wasted an unbelievable amount of money on movies over the past 3 years. my friends and i would watch a movie like every week (even on movies we didn't even see the trailer for and had no idea what it was about. hahaha). so i ended up wasting loads of $$$ on shitty movies. wait, so i spent $20+ every time we went to watch a movie because we always ended up having dinner out. omg. i could've had so much more money than i have now if i restrained myself. so yeah, i'm overrr movies.

um . . .yeah. was kind of on-topic.

haque

HSC
Trebla said:
Yes, the boredom has finally sunk in. Trying to go out and make use of my time. I probably should be looking for casual work perhaps as a tutor or something like that....
I still have to go to school next week for clearance procedures and then there's the shocking revelations of our internal ranks....:(
To minimise my boredom, I'll probably clean my room and dump all my Year 12 stuff in like 5 big boxes (I have a sibling so unfortunately I cannot burn them) and go out to look for something decent to wear for the upcoming formal and download some music...
I agree-the important thing is for one to get into their courses and people asking other people's marks is quite annoying(i've experienced it a lot so i know how much i hatye it esp when i stuff up)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Rawr.
my plans for post-hsc:
-> Get a job
-> excercise more - lost my hsc fat >_<
-> Get better at sparring ^_^
-> get a haircut and bleach my hair for formal
-> bum around wi th friends
-> go to teh movies
-> modify this computer even further to get optimum performance >D
-> get better at digital art
-> create a vector pict ure of all my friends
-> Get my L's

and yeah. that basically sums itall up ^_^

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Dear me. *rolls eyes*

Now when I finished my HSC I was Drama Captain Prefect and had a whole production to get on the stage by mid-December. That kind of kept me busy.

I used to have a 100 things to do list that I wrote out for a friend who similarly found herself at a loose end. Sorry, it's been trashed.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
stuff to do:
- get a job (working on this one, god i cant wait, i need money lol)
- drive! i want my p's by april. it will happen *determined face*
- go out, party, see people
- tv
- sleep
- interweb
- go shopping
- exercise
- get out into nature again
- redecorate my room, get rid of all school-like things
- clean my room, as a precursor to the above...it would help to be able to see the floor
- cook...i miss cooking. ive barely done it for about 3 months
- read! completely non educational, enjoyable books that have nothing to do with the board of studies...we can actually read for the sake of it and not because we have to :D oh bliss
- ive always wanted to learn another language; i think that even with all of the above to keep me occupied i shall make a start. probably spanish and/or japanese.

and i am going to get out of my bad sleeping pattern. it is, i have been told, actually possible to go to bed before 1am...since the exams finished i was straight back into my old unhealthy "go to bed at 3 wake up at 10" scheme. i am le tired.

sandz_2

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
stuff to do:
and i am going to get out of my bad sleeping pattern. it is, i have been told, actually possible to go to bed before 1am...since the exams finished i was straight back into my old unhealthy "go to bed at 3 wake up at 10" scheme. i am le tired.
LOL!! thats what happened to be before the trial HSC.. hopefully i dont end up in this :sleep: trap again :p.. most of your stuff to do is really similar to my list.. Enjoy the hols while they last!!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)