Info on B Science with B Arts Degree (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

HSC
hi

I was just browsing through the uac guide and saw this course called
"Bachelor of Science with Bachelor of Arts in Natural and Cultural Heritage and Mueseums".

I read about it and it seemed pretty interesting.

Does Anyone here do this degree? If so:

What is it like?
How difficult is it out of 10? (10 being most difficult).
What major studies do you do?
Any extra info/advice about this degree?

Thanks.​

ippie

HSC
HSC
N/A
Road Runner said:
How difficult is it out of 10? (10 being most difficult).
It's not really possible to "rank" the difficulty of degrees (aside from the obvious - Law has stacks of readings, therefore is high-pressure, therefore could be considered hard). Obviously if it's a subject you don't enjoy and don't have any kind of proficiency in it, it's going to be hard. But even if it requires dedication to study, if you enjoy it then you almost don't mind the work you put in. ("easy?")

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
glitterfairy said:
aside from the obvious - Law has stacks of readings, therefore is high-pressure, therefore could be considered hard
Nah, law isn't especially difficult.

X

xeuyrawp

Graney said:
Nah, law isn't especially difficult.
Well getting through relatively lots of readings poses difficult for some people.

Road Runner - like ippie suggested, check out what subjects you'll be doing in your degree.

Also check out this page, devoted to the BA BSc course. I've done a lot of the BA courses you'd be looking to do, so I can help you with that side of things, if you need help. :)

Road Runner

HSC
Hi I checked out the site and this is what it says:

Stream:Natural History, Cultural & Museum StudiesArea of Study:Museum StudiesDegrees:BSc BA - Bachelor of Science with Bachelor of Arts (UAC Preference 300506 CSP 310506 DFEE)Offered By:ELS - Division of Environmental and Life Sciences
Requirements

Minimum number of credit points - 96; maximum number of credit points at 100 level - 30; minimum number of credit points at 300 level or above (18 credit points of which must be in science units) - 36; which must include the following approved coherent studies:

i) GEOS312 and at least 8 credit points from GEOS332, GEOS394, GEOS417

ii) units to satisfy the requirements of one of the following coherent studies ABR05 (Indigenous Studies), ANC02 (Ancient History), ANT01 (Anthropology), HGE06 (Human Geography), MDH01 (Modern History), MDH02 (Australian History), CUL10 (Cultural Studies)

iii) units to satisfy a second coherent study from ii or BLG07 (Biology), GGE10 (Geology)

Prescribed Units: Any 100-level COMP or ISYS unit, ELS202, HIST368 or ELS400
------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------
* The thing is though, I don't quite understand some of the terminology here such as 'credit points' and 'coherent studies. =/

Also, Like Ippie says, I don't fully understand what the requirements mean thus I need help. =/

Can anyone make this information easier to read / simpler so that I can really understand what type of subjects this degree offers and what the actual requirements are.

thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)