Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

kretzy

HSC
Not looking good...

UAS said:
Congratulations on your offer to study at ANU. As a 1st year student the University guarantees you a place in ANU owned or ANU approved accommodation (http://accom.anu.edu.au/UAS/977/200.html ). At this time, our on-campus accommodation is reaching capacity, as rooms become available on campus they will continue to be allocated, however you may be offered of accommodation off campus.

This accommodation will be checked to ensure that it meets the ANU standards, is safe and has transport access. There will be an opportunity to link up with an on-campus residential Hall so that you can choose to be part of that community and its activities.

We'd also like to remind you that ANU has a range of accommodation bursaries for students facing unexpected financial stress. Further information can be found at http://accom.anu.edu.au/UAS/183.html

Could you please indicate:

a) whether you intend to accept your academic offer from ANU, and

b) that you require accommodation and will be willing to accept an accommodation offer for ANU approved accommodation . Unfortunately, we cannot specify your exact location but do guarantee that accommodation will meet ANU standards.

If we do not hear from you by COB Wednesday 30th January 2008, ANU will assume you are are not accepting either or both offers and so will not reserve accommodation.

Please respond with your answer to both questions. Eg. A) yes b) yes

We look forward to welcoming you at ANU.
Why do they hate me? :(

Last edited:

blacksunset

HSC
I got the exact same email !!!!!!!!
I wrote back saying I wanted to stay on campus as I'm from interstate and don't know anyone.

I think it's a Melbourne thing - because anyone from Sydney seems to have got their offers???

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
and does anyone know what living in fenner is like? i mean why do a lot of ppl seem to regret living there....?
All I know is that Fenner is off-campus.

I think it's a Melbourne thing - because anyone from Sydney seems to have got their offers???
Hmm... well my friend who applied for Bruce (1st pref) and was being considered for B&G (3rd pref) on his application form ended up with an offer from Ursula (2nd pref).

These Accommodation Staff are crazy.

Evilo

HSC
Schmeag said:
All I know is that Fenner is off-campus..
true and its self catered (i.e. you cook yourself). Its close to the city, but you need to either bike ride or take a bus to anu. From memory they have a special bus service that travels to and from fenner regularly.

Schmeag said:
These Accommodation Staff are crazy.
I agree, i dont know what they are up to. I think they've just bitten into a huge shit sandwhich.

kretzy

HSC
blacksunset said:
I got the exact same email !!!!!!!!
I wrote back saying I wanted to stay on campus as I'm from interstate and don't know anyone.

Yeah, I replied the same way.

I'd really like to know what kind of accommodation it'll be and more importantly how much is it going to cost. What about things like utilities and internet etc? I'm really hoping I still get a proper residence.

Mezza295

HSC
It's not a melbourne thing, I'm from sydney and i got that exact email, and i replied in the same way. Apparently there is one hall that Anu have that used to be a housing comiision but they did it up and gave it to anu to use....... i'm hoping so badly that i get on campus........

Evilo

HSC
Epic_Postings said:
does anyone know if UniLodge have their own car park?
From memory they have a limited number of outside carpark spaces. They have a fantastic bike shed though!!! Probably the closest carparks will be the Baldessin Parking Station, or the Kingsley Street Parking Station. From memory neither is secure lockup but Baldessin has cameras (and multi story). (if you wanted real secure lockup then you would need to park in the carpark behind johns - a fair distance)

sarahpettigrove

HSC
kretzy said:
Why do they hate me? :(
I got the same email. I'm so pissed off!!! I applied like months ago for accommodation and the way they phrase the email sounds like i haven't accepted my offer... which I did!!!

So angry!!!

blacksunset

HSC
i was exactly the same, i accetped my offer the day they came out and applied for accommodation as soon as i put in my preferences... so so annoying.

i dont think il be able to afford some really expensive place off campus.. :(

maybe we'll all be together and we can cook ourselves cheap pasta every night.. lol

Evilo

HSC
hopefully it will be reasonably priced. No doubt it will be in 5 room houses or something like that. I'm curious about where these places are though.

There are some really cheap meals you can make for less that $10 (for 2-3 people). If you need ideas pm me

blacksunset

HSC
they say itl be avaliable for public transport... which will probably mean like 2 trains and a bus.. and reasonably priced will be like 300 bucks a week.. minus food and everything.

lets pray burton and garran take me..

kretzy

HSC
I know, it totally sucks. Not only would you be paying more but you miss out on all the great stuff they do in the colleges. I really hope it won't be too expensive, I can live with $150 - $180, but more than that and I'll have to start digging into my savings until I find a bit of work up there.

I was telling my friend who's already at B&G about all this and she said that she didn't get an automated offer and that she basically called and emailed B&G to get a spot. I might have to resort to this when they open up on Tuesday...its worth a try I guess. This is all so frustrating. Not happy Jan!!!

frederick.lee

HSC
hey everyone sorry if my question seems trivial compared to some of your woes, but... I got an email from Fenner Hall on tuesday offering me a place. It said that I have 5 working days to respond. Without sounding stupid is Monday a public holiday in the ACT?

kretzy

HSC
frederick.lee said:
hey everyone sorry if my question seems trivial compared to some of your woes, but... I got an email from Fenner Hall on tuesday offering me a place. It said that I have 5 working days to respond. Without sounding stupid is Monday a public holiday in the ACT?
Yep it is...Australia Day's a nation wide holiday, so their office most probably won't be open until Tuesday.

Evilo

HSC
frederick.lee said:
knowing the current situation - i wouldn't delay in accepting your offer.

HSC
I got the same email too. I checked my application status and it has FINALLY changed to 'academic offer accepted', even though I accepted it more than a week ago. It will suck if the accommodation is far away. It will mean having to keep an eye on the time when you're out, so you can get the last bus home, or having to pay for a taxi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)