Information on Accommodation (2 Viewers)

janaranaran!

HSC
Hey, I applied for accom a while back, with B&G as my first preference (I most definitely do not want catered, and it looks more fun than fenner+ on campus)

there doesn't seem to be much discussion about self catered halls on here from what i can tell - does anyone here live at B&G?
what's the social life like?
how are the kitchens?
what's the B&G stereotype?

thanks xx

EDIT: also, if any of you can be bothered - can you upload some pictures of B&G? I searched all over the interwebs and come up with surprisingly little

Last edited:

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
- does anyone here live at B&G? blacksunset...

what's the social life like? She will say they are pretty good, personally i don't think they're as sociable as they catered colleges (mainly because they are not forced to eat together)

how are the kitchens? They're big, Each group is given a 'kitchen area' (arranged by living location) with a few stove tops, ovens and a few sinks for each bay. Each person is given a lockable cupboard, a lockable shelf in the fridge and a designated cooking area. There are toasters and sandwich makers all over the place, and a dining table down the middle for people to eat. imo it gets quite hot in there.

We want to win the sport shield, but johns always wins.

can you upload some pictures of B&G? Check my faq page, there is a thing about google street view, and there is the b&G website with photos. Generally it's hard to find photos of the rooms. Best way is to organise a tour.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
janaranaran! said:
Hey, I applied for accom a while back, with B&G as my first preference (I most definitely do not want catered, and it looks more fun than fenner+ on campus)

there doesn't seem to be much discussion about self catered halls on here from what i can tell - does anyone here live at B&G?
what's the social life like?
how are the kitchens?

thanks xx

EDIT: also, if any of you can be bothered - can you upload some pictures of B&G? I searched all over the interwebs and come up with surprisingly little
To add to what Davo said I'm not aware of any joint college social stuff BnG is involved in. I'm assuming it's because they don't do it alot or they just don't like inviting Johns (and who wouldn't want us rampaging through their hallways?)

And yeah, think of BnG as the guy with short man syndrome always talking himself up, and Johns being the guy who finally puts him in his place.

blacksunset

HSC
hahaha, yes thats why we are in front with the sports shield.
we do everything intercollege, we do alot of oint stuff with bruce and sometimes ursies... we do not do alot of stuff with johns as there is alot of pure rivalry. there is absolutely no way we are not as social, do not take any advice on b&g from anyone at johns, as they are the one college that cant stand us.
PM me if you want info i live there so i can give you lots :) and i can show you some pictures too

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
blacksunset said:
hahaha, yes thats why we are in front with the sports shield
yeah, you have been 'at one point or another' for like years, but we always come out on top. <re-read sammy's comments>

Sammy-Blue

HSC
blacksunset said:
hahaha, yes thats why we are in front with the sports shield.
we do everything intercollege, we do alot of oint stuff with bruce and sometimes ursies... we do not do alot of stuff with johns as there is alot of pure rivalry. there is absolutely no way we are not as social, do not take any advice on b&g from anyone at johns, as they are the one college that cant stand us.
PM me if you want info i live there so i can give you lots :) and i can show you some pictures too
Ursies, LOL.

Ero

HSC
A question to any Johns residents out there. I sent my required information to the college about 2 - 3 weeks ago and I have also filled out the university accomadtion details with no word back from Johns. Is this normal, or have I possibly been forgotten? Apart from that, what else do I have to do if anything?

Thanks all

Sammy-Blue

HSC
As far as I know they aren't even done with returning residents just yet, so it could still be a while. Just call the office and ask if you want confirmation, they won't bite.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Ero said:
A question to any Johns residents out there. I sent my required information to the college about 2 - 3 weeks ago and I have also filled out the university accomadtion details with no word back from Johns. Is this normal, or have I possibly been forgotten? Apart from that, what else do I have to do if anything?

Thanks all
They didn't contact me at all until mid january (like 3 months after i sent it in!). Just drop them an email to ask if your application (CV & photo etc) has been recieved and was not lost in post.

Ero

HSC
Thanks, I was getting worried as the days rolled on. I guess I'll just make sure my thing got through then play the waiting game.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
tbh its really stupid of them not to reply to say that they have even recieved it. I really wish they improved the application process.

ArtOfLosing

HSC
UniLodge made an ad on open day, it's quite hilarious http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xzZM9AN1j6E
Unilodge is actually a great place to live though - i've been here 2 years now and it's been a realy great experience for me, we have some good parties too - for our Halloween party this year peter (the manager, who is the voice over in the video) put on a bar tab for us at uni pub and many a free drink was had...

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
you wouldn't happen to be a member of the RA or an SR would you?

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Davo1111 said:
you wouldn't happen to be a member of the RA or an SR would you?
lolz.

From what friends who live there have told me, UniLodge fails at social.

ArtOfLosing

HSC
no, i'm not an ra or sa, i just think unilode gets a bit of a bad rep - far too much generalising goes on.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
ArtOfLosing said:
no, i'm not an ra or sa, i just think unilode gets a bit of a bad rep - far too much generalising goes on.
Stereotypes aren't just made up, they have to start somewhere.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i got a note todays telling me when the interviews for johns are on but for some reason my application has terminated itself through the uni website.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
What do you mean teminated? (what did the actual status thing say) i'd email UAS with you 'application id' and ask what has happened.

RE johns interview: Schedule it straight away :)
- Also, where are you going to do it? syd/canberra/melb? phone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)