Information on Accommodation (2 Viewers)

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
They do. I rang up the uni today.
They consider those with higher UAI's to be "a gift horse" to the uni. Why turn it down?

Dedalia

HSC
N/A
Wolfowitz said:
They consider those with higher UAI's to be "a gift horse" to the uni. Why turn it down?
ehm....what does it mean?????
higher UAI's??????
gift horse??????
sorry...my knowledge of english is not really good!!!!

Wolfowitz

HSC
Dedalia said:
ehm....what does it mean?????
higher UAI's??????
gift horse??????
sorry...my knowledge of english is not really good!!!!
Ahh, you're the Italian girl; ce? Have you got an offer yet? If so, you should ring the university accomodation hotline. If not, you should ring the university accomodation hotline.

I wish I could give the number...it's just that I've got to go to work now.

Callistogenic

HSC
Wolfowitz said:
So you're telling me that people without UAIs (it's true; 10 for the HSC, 8 for the exams because I didn't do the optional IT one.) are considered last?

Glad they have the accommodation guarantee for first years, otherwise while I might be a student at ANU, I'd have no where to stay.

Dedalia

HSC
N/A
Wolfowitz said:
Ahh, you're the Italian girl; ce? Have you got an offer yet? If so, you should ring the university accomodation hotline. If not, you should ring the university accomodation hotline.

I wish I could give the number...it's just that I've got to go to work now.
ehm...yes...it's me :rofl:
well what happened was....
I recieved the offer letter, i confirmed and gave them credit card details, I've been told they would proced it within tuesday but i recieved nothing 'till wensday so i calle the admission office but they told me 4 numbers were missing from the credit card details, so i gave them the numbers again but they didn't procede it before Xmas holidays so I had to wait, I called back the 3rd of January the fees office which told me everything was fine and that they proceded the payment the last afternoon and that i should have recieved the CoE, since I hadn't recieved the CoE I called the admissions office but to them the payment couldn't go trough so i gave them others creditcards numbers and finally they could proceed with the payment. So I applied for an accomodation and i recieved a mail sayng that i had to pay the first fee before applying for accomodation i called the accomodation office told them I already payed and that to confirm it i could send them the CoE. So finally my application for a room was proceded but I recieved a letter sayng that accomodations for post grad are running out and that I'd better try to find accomodation outside campus and they gave me some addresses....now when I check my accomodation statement it says Burgmann College (which was my first choice but anyway Bruce, which was my second choice has no rooms already and so many others) academic offer accepted....
The accomodation office told me i should wait 'till January 20th but by that date every accomodation will be full!!!should I keep calling???Which, by my own experience was the only way I could get applications and payments go through?

Wolfowitz

HSC
Keep ringing. Keep ringing. KEEP RINGING!

Badgering a uni never hurt anyone - but the uni :p.

If you keep calling, they'll have to let you in.

Dedalia

HSC
N/A
Wolfowitz said:
Keep ringing. Keep ringing. KEEP RINGING!

Badgering a uni never hurt anyone - but the uni :p.

If you keep calling, they'll have to let you in.
hi...I just called....
Bruce is full, same Burgmann and graduate house....
what's better Fenner Hall, Burton&Garran, Toad Hall or....live outside campus in a share flat????

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Dedalia said:
hi...I just called....
Bruce is full, same Burgmann and graduate house....
what's better Fenner Hall, Burton&Garran, Toad Hall or....live outside campus in a share flat????
Fenner IS off campus. Toad Hall is post-graduates only and is in a different part of the campus to all the other colleges, so it'd be quiet if you like that kind of thing. B&G is probably the best.

Dedalia

HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
Fenner IS off campus. Toad Hall is post-graduates only and is in a different part of the campus to all the other colleges, so it'd be quiet if you like that kind of thing. B&G is probably the best.
So you suggest me anyway to live in the campus rather then in a share flat in town...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Seeing as you're an international student campuss accomodation is definantly the best bet it means that you'll get to know heaps more people far quicker and means you'll get into the whole 'uni-life' here much quicker/better. Afterall part of the interest in uni here is in experiencing campuss life and living on campuss is the best way to do that.

Out of Fenner, Toad and B&G I would rule out Toad straight away and probably tip Fenner as the best bet as it has a high proportion of: international, (visual/performance/etc) arts students and postgrads. It's abit quiter than B&G which is a more 'keg party' hall.

Dedalia

HSC
N/A
loquasagacious said:
Seeing as you're an international student campuss accomodation is definantly the best bet it means that you'll get to know heaps more people far quicker and means you'll get into the whole 'uni-life' here much quicker/better. Afterall part of the interest in uni here is in experiencing campuss life and living on campuss is the best way to do that.

Out of Fenner, Toad and B&G I would rule out Toad straight away and probably tip Fenner as the best bet as it has a high proportion of: international, (visual/performance/etc) arts students and postgrads. It's abit quiter than B&G which is a more 'keg party' hall.
thank you for your suggestions...
I already changed my preferences into b&g toad and fenner...hope someone of those will let me in!!!!!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Good luck.

If you don't get in though it not the end of the world or anything there's LOTS of share accomodation around and a couple of non-uni 'campus accomodation-like' places around.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Slide Rule said:
BTW: Fenner is better than B&G. Heh heh.
That's a pretty strong opinion to have before even coming down here. Fenner has heaps of asian internationals. Most asian internationals keep to themselves.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
A bad joke made worse by confusing B&G with Burgmann. Oops!

Last edited:

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Hey,

I know everyone is looking at signing up for accomdation in the next few months.
Anyone who is not a nerd is welcome at Burgmann.

Its the best college going around. The reasons why:
  1. Johns: Full of homosexual males
  2. Fenner: Too far away from anything
  3. Burton and Garran (B&G): Way to big
  4. Bruce: you get what you pay for
  5. Ursula: Only weird looking people go there (if you look weird thats the college for you)
  6. Toad Hall: No-one knows much about it as no-one knows where it is.
  7. Burgmann: full of intellectuals, sporting people and an awesome community.

_Benji_

HSC
Further reasons to go to Burgman:
1) you are from north sydney
2) you are doing law
3) you are a pretentious wanker
4) you drive mummy and daddy's Merc/BMW
5) you wear Ralph Lauren
6) you have a trust fund

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)