• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Inherited $5000, wat do do? (3 Viewers)

S

Shuter

soha said:
its not something peopel do to be seen as good doers
i get self satisfaction i feel great afte rhelping out
i dont even tell people when i give to charity
whats the point..your not doing it to look good
your doing it from the kindness of your heart to help a brother in need
Can you please explain how you are any better than anyone else?
You said you give and it gives you satisfaction, therefore you are just giving for your own self satisfaction and so you can "sleep at night", which in itself, is a selfish act.

Other people may buy goods instead of giving for their own self-satisfaction, their purchasing of goods gives jobs to others and helps them live their life. How are your actions any better than someone who buys so called "luxuary" goods?

HSC
with regards to the 5 grand, not the inslamic mass debate, go to star city, hit the roulette table and always bet on black. If that isnt working for you, blackjack is a sure thing.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Shuter said:
Can you please explain how you are any better than anyone else?
You said you give and it gives you satisfaction, therefore you are just giving for your own self satisfaction and so you can "sleep at night", which in itself, is a selfish act.

Other people may buy goods instead of giving for their own self-satisfaction, there purchasing of goods gives jobs to others and helps them live their life. How are your actions any better than someone who buys so called "luxuary" goods?
i never said i wa sbetter
i was arguing that giving to charity isnt something peopel should do to look good
it should be with the intention to help otehrs in need
im not better then anyone
i dont think i am ...no its not a selfish act to give to charity so i cna sleep at night
it makes me feel like ive dont somethign good for humanity
im thinking of them more then i think of a good nighst rest
wtf.
i never said my actions are better..and im not going to argue that they are..
because everyone does what they can i guess
but when it coems to giving to charity to have a good rep then thats for their own personal gain..
its in their best interest then it is for the poor ppl
they wanna look good and kind and caring and so generous for giving their money
etc etc..im so tired i just came back from cro_angels 18th where i met sports gal..and neeja.. how exciting bos ppl in real life
neways

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
#4 said:
with regards to the 5 grand, not the inslamic mass debate, go to star city, hit the roulette table and always bet on black. If that isnt working for you, blackjack is a sure thing.
always put on black? your an idiot. how long is he going to be always putting on black? till he has nothign left?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
#4 said:
gambling your money away ?
i wouldnt even put $1 of that $5000 in a poker machine or on any table game

HSC
SashatheMan said:
always put on black? your an idiot. how long is he going to be always putting on black? till he has nothign left?
if you read carefully wanker she wont get to zero cos i said if it aint working then go to the black jack table.

Oh and by the way i am not serious, although u could do worse things with 5 grand than gamble it away, such as buying 5 grand worth of crack, burning it etc

S

Shuter

soha said:
gambling your money away ?
i wouldnt even put $1 of that $5000 in a poker machine or on any table game
Let me guess... it's against your religion too...

S

Shuter

soha said:
i was arguing that giving to charity ... should be with the intention to help otehrs in need
Why, who are you to make that judgement on people? It is just as selfish to help others and then gain personal satisfaction for yourself from it.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Shuter said:
Why, who are you to make that judgement on people? It is just as selfish to help others and then gain personal satisfaction for yourself from it.
wtf r u on about
im not a selfish person
i dont give to charity with the intention to feel goood about myself before i feed otehrs
i know what my intentions are and i know what comes first in good deeds
im not judging anyone
i can have the opinion cant i..that when you give to charity it shouldnt be for publicity or for a good reputation
thats my opinion
wether its true or false thats what i think
how is it selfish to help otehrs and gain self satisfaction...if i gave to charity to do that i wouldnt feel good coz i would know that i didnt give them money with the right intentions neways
so no..its not like that at all

S

Shuter

soha said:
im not judging anyone
i can have the opinion cant i..that when you give to charity it shouldnt be for publicity or for a good reputation
thats my opinion
It changes from opinion to judgeing others when you publicaly state it, and comment on how you feel other's activites are wrong. If it's just your opinion, no one wants to hear it.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Shuter said:
It changes from opinion to judgeing others when you publicaly state it, and comment on how you feel other's activites are wrong. If it's just your opinion, no one wants to hear it.
yeah and i dont care if anyone wnats to hear it
tuff luck
if you dont care then dont read my posts
or atleast try hard not to

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Shuter said:
just because something is an opinion..doesnt mean you have to say in my opinion..sometimes you know that its someones opinion
like its gonna be a fact ?
wtf

S

Shuter

That's right, make up what I said when you can't properly understand it....

I said it's fine to have an opinion, but when you then publicaly state it and comment on how you think some people's activities are wrong, this means you are judging people.

weeman22

HSC
N/A
#4 said:
lol obviously he was joking. At star city theres this game called 'sic-bo' where u bet on the outcome of 3 dice rolled, i like it better eg: 3 dice add up to 14 u win 1:8 odds

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Shuter said:
That's right, make up what I said when you can't properly understand it....

I said it's fine to have an opinion, but when you then publicaly state it and comment on how you think some people's activities are wrong, this means you are judging people.
thats the thing
i never judged anyone because i dont know anyones intentions
but i said IF you are (whoever they are)
i dont even know of any celebs that give to charity for a good reputation
hiphop suggested they do
but how am i to know
so IF thats what they are doing..i feel thats wrong
but i dont know anyone as yet..and it is wrong?
are you saying its ok to give to charity so you cna look good?
using poor homeless hungry children for your own personl gain
i dont know of anyone that does..but i feel its wrong

pete_mate

HSC
soha said:
its not entirely banned
just no more then 2.5%
so what about capital gains, is that interest? futures? dividends?

it may have been relevant when all someone owned was a donkey but nowadays its retarted to follow that technichality. for example, in the christian bible it says people arent allowed to wear clithing of more than 1 thread.

thanks for the laugh though, tis amongst the stupidest things ive ever heard.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
soha said:
thats the thing
i never judged anyone because i dont know anyones intentions
but i said IF you are (whoever they are)
i dont even know of any celebs that give to charity for a good reputation
hiphop suggested they do
but how am i to know
so IF thats what they are doing..i feel thats wrong
but i dont know anyone as yet..and it is wrong?
are you saying its ok to give to charity so you cna look good?
using poor homeless hungry children for your own personl gain
i dont know of anyone that does..but i feel its wrong
2.5% Interest?

Does that mean I can claim previous losses against that interest? Is that 2.5% in anyway linked to any form of inflation index? Are governments all going to hell because they tax people more than 2.5%? Can I claim jihad against my bank manager for charging me more than 2.5% on my car loan?

Well Soha, you're still not providing me any argument against that point someone made about you being an absolute idiot.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
You small minded people should really get out of your little cardboard box once in a while. Usury is a no no in many religions but still happens.

"Usury (in the original sense of any interest) is scripturally and doctrinally forbidden in many religions. Judaism forbids a Jew to lend at interest to another Jew. It's forbidden in Islam. The most recent Catholic teaching on usury is by Pope Benedict XIV in his Vix Pervenit from 1745 which strictly forbids the practice, though given the modern day Catholic Church's investments in the banking industry, the prohibition has to be regarded as a dead letter.

In the modern world Islamic teachings against Usury probably have the widest influence, and specialized codes of banking have developed to cater for Muslim investors wishing to obey Qur'anic law; see: Islamic banking.

Usury has been denounced by almost every major spiritual leader and philosopher of the past three thousand years. Plato, Aristotle, Cato, Cicero, Seneca, Plutarch, Aquinas, Jesus, Muhammad and Moses are just a few.

"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usury

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)