Injury - A place to Rant (1 Viewer)

brassedoff

HSC
Rant here

My knee's screwed, and will need arthroscopy and a reconstruction for my ACL... can't have surgery while I'm doing HSC or I won't be able to play my trumpet properly - that's the idea anyway.
have ranted about this to everyone else, so rant to me, because you're probably worse off. :)

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
shit eh

acls are a motherfucker apparently, as far as rehab goes

you can't get in and have it done before oct/nov? otherwise your 05/06 post-school summer will be screwed and it's meant to be amazing. even if you were james morrison i'd say, forget the trumpet off and get it fixed.

it's not good to walk around on it for that long (although people I know have skied for a season with a busted one but i'm interested to see how they're walking at 40) and there can't be that much performance left for you at school anyway as they'll tie everything up soon and you'll go into hibernation before the HSC.

Last edited:

roadcone

HSC
i pretty much snapped my acl two years ago, most bloody painful experience of my life! i agree with the idea of getting it fixed up asap because it does take a bit to recover from, and i'm pretty sure that the more that you are on it the worse it gets

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Shit happens ay. I did it at indoor soccer. Torn ligaments, cartlidge and fractured kneecap.

tempco

HSC
chookie_06 said:
i hadboth knees reconstructed by 17, snapped acl in left knee, had shoulder surgery at 18, both ankles are pretty much weather gauges. shattered both knuckles on a finger (which needed surgery-rib cartilage graft). broken both legs (moto x is a bitch), fractured/broken both arms, broken right wrist... torn ligaments etc and have scars absolutly everywhere.
Jesus Christ. you most look like a lump of jello :p

my knee hurts sometimes when i play a bit of sports.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i had my knee reconstructed about 4 years ago, when i was in year 11. i'd have to agree with roadcone and say it was one of the most painful things that has heppened to me and the rehab is a bitch and it takes ages. the sooner you get it done the less further damage (ie. cartilage damage) you will do and the sooner you will be back to building up strength and confidence. coz for me the confidence thing took a hell of a lot longer than the physical strength.

i had complications about 2 years later and had to have another op which was even more painful than the recon itself. that sucked.

roadcone

HSC
no one understands the pain that a knee injury causes aside from other people who have done knees... tammer hit the spot in saying that confidence is a problem, for me that was pretty much the biggest thing. even now i feel a twinge and am like ah god and will ease up a bit, even though it is nothing

slip

HSC
exactly. no body really understands what a knee injury does to you confidence wise especially until they have done it.

today medial ligament strain possible cartillage damage, abductor/hamstring strain.

not as bad as acl, but fuckign painful when you do it. pains dies down pretty quick and it stiffens up thou.

the bad thing is that when the medial ligament snaps, thats that, even with sugury your still never playing sport again.

Cab31

HSC
I have dislocated my knee - which was really painful.

I had a shoulder reconstruction from overuse in swimming a couple of months ago.
They had to take part of the acromion bone out to give the rotator cuff room to move because it was so out of shape. They broke open the shoulder capsule, stitched all the ligaments up and then put 3 screws in the shoulder. yuk!

The stupid thing was i had 3 cortisone injections into it and they did nothing...i was cut about that. It sucks because i want to get back into the water and i cant.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
No serious injuries here...

both my arms and legs have been hyper-extended... my right arm tends to hyper-extend a little more easily these days, sometimes when throwing punches.. my knees are a bit wonky, they feel weak at certain angles - like, when I'm kneeling on them.. if I kneel on them for a prolonged period of time, I have trouble walking when I get up.

I bet a torn ACL is a mother fucking bitch... why can't you play your trumpet if you get it fixed up?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i pulled a tendon in my left bicep, the pain is not agonising, but its chronic and unbeleivably annoying

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
roadcone said:
even now i feel a twinge and am like ah god and will ease up a bit, even though it is nothing
yeah even 4 years down the track it's not completely back to full strength and i don't think i will ever trust it completely

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
brassedoff said:
Rant here

My knee's screwed, and will need arthroscopy and a reconstruction for my ACL... can't have surgery while I'm doing HSC or I won't be able to play my trumpet properly - that's the idea anyway.
have ranted about this to everyone else, so rant to me, because you're probably worse off. :)

I had an ACL scare last year too. Thankfully X-Rays cleared me of needing surgery on it but I know plenty of people who've had to have a reconstruction done, every second soccer player these days seems to be getting knee injuries. You'll get through it mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)