Inter-racial Dating (1 Viewer)

HSC
We live in Australia... It's a multicultural society n whomever comes here (including myself) should attempt to adapt to it and take into consideration the above instead of influencing racism to what ever degree that may be.

HSC
I thought I'd add my 2c to this thread, seeing as though interracial relationships and dating seem to be a contentious issue through this forum (Going by the 1000+ post thread elsewhere).

I am a Vietnamese bloke and my girlfriend of over year is outright caucasian, blonde hair, blue eyed beach babe. We both met at Uni (Went to uni in a country town in Regional NSW), and were neighbours before we started dating. Infact, I was introduced to her by my now ex two years earlier who, ironically, was Chinese and hated her guts because of her ethnicity. Funny how these things turn out in the end!

I thought being in a redneck country town full of bogans (No racism implied here!), our relationship would stand out like a sore thumb and we'd draw attention. Really, no one cares or even makes a single mention of the fact we're from distinct ethnicities, that is, the Caucasians. I've very much been accepted by her family and friends who all come from a small isolated rural community and they think nothing of it.

Yet on my side, I personally have had to deal with so much disapproval and harrassment from many Asians, my parents included, their family friends and the like, who make it their place to stick their nose in our business, and consider it virtually a sin to be dating someone not from the same ethnicity.

Such narrow minded and pig headed views have been made to me, and continue to do so throughout the course of our relationship. Even more disappointing, are teenage family friends who are told of our relationship, are taught of how 'wrong' it is and the consequences if they ever do the same would result in banishment.

This is the part I don't get, considering we both are university educated individuals now in full-time employment and steadily working on our careers, yet the only issue to come out of this is her ethnicity.

Frankly after such experiences, I'm ashamed to be Vietnamese, I'm ashamed to have anything to do with the Asian race. Here we all rant and rave about 'racist' Caucasian white Australians.... yet no one ever considers it in the reverse.

I would encourage those reading this who are more open minded to always follow your heart and disregard the opinions of others, primarily pressures that stem from cultural communities.

That's my rant for the year, now to go on and continue living happily.

HSC
Bitchhhh, no greek invented fried chicken, the only thing invented by the greeks was goat fucking. fried chicken was invented by the Burmese!
What are you saying????
Then who invented touching little boys' nonos???

Together

HSC
i'd say... out live your parents and then u can do anything you want. Sure parents put restrictions on us and its in our filial duty to obey but... its gone once they're dead. Its true... and you noe wat they say. "What They Don't Know Won't Hurt Them"

As for love~ i dont think inter-racial is disadvantaged. Any couple can fall in love... well any racial type couple.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I asked my parents what if i married a Middle-Eastern girl? and they're like.. "no! how will they interact with us?"

English... derpp.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I asked my parents what if i married a Middle-Eastern girl? and they're like.. "no! how will they interact with us?"

English... derpp.
Number's will do the trick for you ;)

Together

HSC
My parents object to the idea of me dating one but they dont enforce it as much so... im free to date what ever race i want... hm yeh... numbers haha.

gf's parents are chinese and iunno chinese so i dont communicate as much as i would want to. English when i can.

chantal_3

HSC
N/A
okay this is regards to the whole idea of being race specific to uphold and pertain to one mother tradition thing
All of us live in australia (assumption) and how many of us actually pertain to the traditions promulgated by our respective mother traditions?

chantal_3

HSC
N/A
okay this is regards to the whole idea of being race specific to uphold and pertain to one mother tradition thing
All of us live in australia (assumption) and how many of us actually pertain to the ideals promulgated by our respective mother traditions?

Together

HSC
MEEE~ im a mama's boy ^^ I follow my mum's ideals of marrying of similar culture
My mums half chinese and indonesian and dads viet so it makes my job alittle easier ^^

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I don't care, I don't think my family cares either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)