Interest rate cuts, more money for us! (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Um, low interest rates mean more people borrow more money, driving up house prices, making it impossible for young buyers to get into the market...

Also, since I like to invest my money in term deposits, low interest rates are fucking shit, I get shithouse returns from the banks.

So no, fuck your interest rate cuts.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
On the upside, mum saves $2,000 a year because of this, which means more money for me to spend at uni. Hmm.

Still not a fan of this housing boom. In the last like 30 years, house sizes have doubled, but number of occupants per house has halved. How the fuck does that work you greedy, vapid slobs?

ziki

HSC
but think, since we are going through fiancial crisis, the loan passed by banks will be less and it will be more strict. Cant exactly say that it will drive up house prices like crazy but yeah, it will certainly have an effect.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
How dare you live off your poor mother. You disgust and offend me sir

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
ziki said:
but think, since we are going through fiancial crisis, the loan passed by banks will be less and it will be more strict. Cant exactly say that it will drive up house prices like crazy but yeah, it will certainly have an effect.
This could be a chance to take a look at the housing situation and say "we need to slow down, do things differently", though.

Do we want to return to another housing boom after this? It would not be a good idea.

ziki

HSC
sthcross.dude said:
Hahaha. What economic crisis? What with falling interest rates and petrol prices, let the good times roll.

But seriously this is just going to cause massive inflation. We'll have more money but it will buy less.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw
but they raised the price when the share prices were shooting through the roof cause everyone had so much money, they lowered it now cause everyone is running out of money. i think this crisis we can consider as a "deflation"

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I rely on shopping online, especially buying products cheaper online from the U.S than here. Its no more extra money for me, our exchange w/ USD rate is piss batshit. :mad1:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
ziki said:
but they raised the price when the share prices were shooting through the roof cause everyone had so much money, they lowered it now cause everyone is running out of money. i think this crisis we can consider as a "deflation"
Uh, wut. Inflation is running at like 5%.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
lol.

Anyway, this rate cut is a far bigger stimulus in Australia than in other countries. Why? Because most Australians have private debt at variable interests rates. Even in countries like America or New Zealand which also have high private debt, they're on fixed interest rate mortgages.

So of all the moves to stimulate the economy, interest rate cuts might be the most powerful.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Trefoil said:
lol.

Anyway, this rate cut is a far bigger stimulus in Australia than in other countries. Why? Because most Australians have private debt at variable interests rates. Even in countries like America or New Zealand which also have high private debt, they're on fixed interest rate mortgages.

So of all the moves to stimulate the economy, interest rate cuts might be the most powerful.
you just saw that on 7.30 report lol

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
you just saw that on 7.30 report lol
Was it? Shit. I just walked past the TV and since they had the correct figures for personal debt, I figured their variable/fixed interest ratios would be correct, too. :shy:

It made sense. 7:30 report isn't one of those sensationalist spacktard shows like Today Tonight or A Current Affair, is it?

ziki

HSC
jb_nc said:
it should drop shouldn it?? everyone lost so much money in shares.... and wasnt it higher before??

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
3% cut in 3 months. You'd be kicking yourself if you fixed your loan. Many people did early in the year when the government was hyping the inflation problem.

ziki

HSC
jb_nc said:
No.

So?

No.
oh okay ...

Rafy said:
3% cut in 3 months. You'd be kicking yourself if you fixed your loan. Many people did early in the year when the government was hyping the inflation problem.
yeah!! :) it should be fixed at like 8 or 9 if they did it early in the year :p

wagga

HSC

ziki

HSC
wagga said:
Inflation is probably already dropping quite sharply..."Australian inflation decreased by 0.6% month over month in November, according to the TD Securities monthly inflation estimate. In October, the estimate was at -0.2%.This puts annual inflation at 3.0%, below the Australian Bureau of Statistics' current 5.0% inflation level."

http://www.forextv.com/Forex/News/ShowStory.jsp?seq=175416&category=Australian+Economic+News,RBA
jb_nc said:
well as you can see im in year 9... so im very confused by the two arguments, can someone tell me whose right???
but i still think that its gonna drop :)

Last edited:

sthcross.dude

HSC
wagga said:
Inflation is probably already dropping quite sharply..."Australian inflation decreased by 0.6% month over month in November, according to the TD Securities monthly inflation estimate. In October, the estimate was at -0.2%.This puts annual inflation at 3.0%, below the Australian Bureau of Statistics' current 5.0% inflation level."

http://www.forextv.com/Forex/News/ShowStory.jsp?seq=175416&category=Australian+Economic+News,RBA
The economy hadn't had a chance to respond to the recent absurd rate cuts when those figures were published.

We won't be able to find anything meaningful about the latest slashes for at least several months.

I predict dangerously high inflation. The RBA will be forced to raise interest rates significantly and we will go further into this inevitable recession.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)