international studies (1 Viewer)

ottowa

HSC
N/A
hi guys, just wanted to ask around for some opinion.

I'm currently studying ict engineering and thinking of adding international studies to my degree.
Im not sure whether i should choose japanese or chinese for my country major, japanese seems like a pretty cool language to learn but I'm told that chinese would be more beneficial in my future career.

not really sure if i'd be able to handle learning a completely new language like japanese, cause i already have some basic foundations in chinese.

red-butterfly

HSC
First of all, what year are you in?

I studied Japanese in high school and did an exchange over the summer after I finished high school so I was quite fluent.

My boyfriend did Japanese 1 and Japanese 2 this year as his electives and is also thinking of picking up international studies. He had no prior japanese except for the little random bits I taught him.

It's a good experience learning another language and there are a lot of job opportunities in Japan that require conversational japanese.

It's really up to you, I'm studying international studies right now and I think the exchange would be pretty awesome. You can't gain that sort of experience anywhere else.

I would highly recommend you adding international studies :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)