internet access in rooms on campus (1 Viewer)

bex

HSC
not sure about the other campuses but at bathurst all rooms have broadband access..

bex

HSC
im pretty sure its all of them... call the uni if you have any doubts

Magister

HSC
N/A
Re internet access

Hi!

Contact Student Services at whatever campus you may be attending and they will direct you to the right person to clarify this question. Wagga Wagga Campus is a very friendly place and all sections of Student Services are very helpful.

Best wishes with your studies-you never know, you might even meet up with me!!

T

talene

Yeah, I was talking about Bathurst :)
I went on a campus tour today and I asked about the internet in the rooms and I was told that we have to pay for our usage. I like the unlimited access we have at home :(
Does anyone know if it's possible to keep the same internet deal with the provider my computer is currently with - but in bathurst?!@?!?!

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
Hey, heres a link detailing the features provided for accomidation:

http://www.csu.edu.au/enterprise/residences/prospective/2005_BA_accom.pdf

Also, a question about the bathurst service: is the internet filtered? Can I download
files using a P2P program like Kazaa lite? My plan is to use the net to download books for free first before buying them to save some dosh.

Last edited:

bex

HSC
how do you download books?! wouldnt that be annoying having to print off pages etc?
you can buy 2nd hand books from the uni...about the internet i dont think that its filtered... the network has sooooooo many pirated movies and music on it...

as for paying for it, imo its pretty cheap.. they goive you free credit at the start of the year too

phizz

HSC
With downloaded books, you can print them off and still save a heap. If you read from an LCD screen you shouldn't really need to print the books, just read them off the screen. Pluss it saves space too.

from kazaa lite, theres probably an eBook that goes over every topic (for teritary corses), I spose if anyone asks, just say your caring for the environment and don't beleave a bunch of tree's should be mowed downed when theres a better alternative.

- who knows, it might work :uhhuh:

I'll probably use the free credit for the books I can't find on the net

Last edited:

bex

HSC
wow... i wish i was game enough or computer-ised(is that even a word?!) enough to do that! but for now i think ill stick to my regular textbooks.. i find they are usefull for not only the current subject but for ones relating to it in the future

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
if what your saying about Bathurst having broadband in there rooms is true, im incredibly jelous. But i think what your saying is that you can use the uni network which has broadband speeds, which is different to being able to use your own broadband plan on campus.

Using the csu net to download things is very very stupid. Why? 11 cents per mb.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
yep very stupid just doinm assigns, a bit of surfing and the like cost me 140 biggins last year. ppl who do internetie like degrees spend ~300. still wispers of a cut to the price down to 5 cents

phizz

HSC
Yikes, I'll probably have to rethink downloading at 11c per mb.

They should get an unlimited plan happening, but I spose they get more dosh this way.

Is it possible to use a sepperate ISP through the rooms phone lines.

Fro

HSC
i hate just surfing around the net then finding out it cost you $10 for the 2hrs you were on or whateva!
phizz if your downloading ebooks keep in mind that its 11c a meg - i wouldnt know how big most books are but if there pdf files they're usually pretty big
and btw - bex - second hand comm radio texts? if you know u wont be usin em for reference or whateva can i buy em of you? books this year are a hefty sum...
get back to me
thanks

T

talene

Has everybody received their logon/password to fill out an accomodation application!?
Also, does the uni rent out bar fridges for the self catered accom? I know you can rent bar fridges and someone told me that the uni itself rents them out - but when I called this afternoon, the lady had no idea...

Fro

HSC
self catered rooms have their own bar fridges... so no need to worry

bex

HSC
hey fro i thnk i want to hold onto them cause they come in handy later on.. sorry bout that.. whatever you do, make sure you buy the textbook for advertising media in 2nd semester.. it saves a hell ofa lot of time if you do the exercises week by week...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)