Internet filtering: You can't opt-out (1 Viewer)

Will you be voting labor?

• Yes, because i support the internet filter

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Yes, but it has nothing to do with the filter

Votes: 36 22.6%
  • No, because i'm against the filter

Votes: 61 38.4%
  • No, i was never intending to vote labor.

Votes: 53 33.3%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Trefoil said:
Well, yeah, ignoring fundamentalist nutjob America, it does make more sense for Christians, especially Catholics, to identify with the social justice of Labour and the centre, but still... I don't want my fucking political parties being hijacked by social conservatives.

But it begs the question... if Greens are increasingly pulling the Labour Left, and Labour is increasingly pulling the Religious Right, where does that leave the Liberals in future?
You social liberals hijacked my Labor party first!
Keep to your dirty marginalised Greens

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
But doesn't disenfranchising the social liberals kind of un-marginalise the Greens and make Labour impotent without their co-operation?

JUS WUNDRIN.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The social liberals DISENFRANCHISED Labor. Allowed the Coalition to cast them as elites. Massive wedge with the working class base, already whimpering from neo-liberal reform
Po-mos and neo-libs poisoned Keating and scored themselves their greatest weapon in this country, but the political price was unbearable wilderness - cast out from Eden
Rudd has returned Labor to its rightful 21st c roots

Hope Rudd will tack on serious Senate reform to the 'abolished the states?' question next election. It's a total joke atm

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
The social liberals DISENFRANCHISED Labor. Allowed the Coalition to cast them as elites. Massive wedge with the working class base, already whimpering from neo-liberal reform
Po-mos and neo-libs poisoned Keating and scored themselves their greatest weapon in this country, but the political price was unbearable wilderness - cast out from Eden
Rudd has returned Labor to its rightful 21st c roots
Blah blah blah. But you're missing the point: kicking out the social liberals means strengthening the Greens and weakening ALP, purely in terms of balance of power in government.

Hope Rudd will tack on serious Senate reform to the 'abolished the states?' question next election. It's a total joke atm
What do you mean?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Who said purge? I'm only talking factionally

And you cant tell me with a straight face that the Senate today is anything like an accurate expression of Australian will. I resent that these Green bastards hold my government to ransom, even though they would never ever ever ever ever ever be there w/o Labor preferences which make up ~99% of their vote

poWerdrY

HSC
Iron said:

And you cant tell me with a straight face that the Senate today is anything like an accurate expression of Australian will. I resent that these Green bastards hold my government to ransom, even though they would never ever ever ever ever ever be there w/o Labor preferences which make up ~99% of their vote
i agree. it should be back to the labor and liberal days.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:

Um, it is actually. Nationally Greens are polling at about 10% to 12% at the moment.

5 senate seats out of 72 is only 6.5%, but Greens got 9% of the Senate vote, so it's actually more of an under-representation.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
poWerdrY said:
i agree. it should be back to the labor and liberal days.
Right, yep, them good old glory days of a two party state. :rolleyes:

Squash those fuckin' third party upstarts. Down with the democratic process!

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
mortein2008 said:
i just hate greens. please, don't deny me that.
I don't deny you your 'right' to hate Greens, as illogical as it is. I deny you the ability to silence and marginalise those you disagree with, though.

HSC
mortein2008 said:
funny how you failed to recognise my pun regarding greens and vegetables, moron
If you think that was a half decent pun, I wonder why your mother didn't put down the bottle while she was carrying you.

mortein2008

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
If you think that was a half decent pun, I wonder why your mother didn't put down the bottle while she was carrying you.
It wasn't intended to be witty, but it was intended to be picked up by someone with half a brain.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
mortein2008 said:
funny how you failed to recognise my pun regarding greens and vegetables, moron
That's probably because a pun is generally intelligent, witty, and funny.

Enobarbus said:
And why do you bring that article up? Regardless of its strong anti-environment bias which likely appeals to the bogan in you, it still has nothing to do with the Australian Greens party or its policies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Trefoil said:
a) I know he infuriates your Libertarian sensibilities, but pass judgement in 2009 or 2010 instead of his first year, kthx?
b) Australia couldn't afford another term of Libs.
c) You know I don't overly support either Liberal or Labour dude
Name one real thing Rudd has done that wasn't entirely symbolic or borderline fascist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)