Internet Problem (1 Viewer)

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
I got an internet problem. I can get onto internet and open certain pages like Bored of Studies. But I can't go to goggle and search up things or open hotmail or facebook etc etc.! Its very annoying!

Could someone help? Thanks

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
What exactly is the error you are getting?

Because without extra information nobody will be able to help you.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
^ Thanks I'll try that. Just wondering can u have Firefox and Internet Explorer?

And the problem is pretty much this. I can go to certain websites such as this one- BOS, ninemsn, and various others but then i'll go to goggle search type in something and looks like its about to load but the green bars never reach the end. Same as for facebook and some other websites.

HSC
shilinjuju said:
^ Thanks I'll try that. Just wondering can u have Firefox and Internet Explorer?

And the problem is pretty much this. I can go to certain websites such as this one- BOS, ninemsn, and various others but then i'll go to goggle search type in something and looks like its about to load but the green bars never reach the end. Same as for facebook and some other websites.
yes you can have both firefox and IE
possibly something with resolving DNS besides those cached? need more info.

jordankuai22

HSC
shilinjuju said:
I got an internet problem. I can get onto internet and open certain pages like Bored of Studies. But I can't go to goggle and search up things or open hotmail or facebook etc etc.! Its very annoying!

you need to go here:

http://bringvictory.com

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
Tried using firefox still got the same problem.

So pretty much it can't be a connection problem because some websites don't load. I don't have any popupblocker on so don't noe what is causin this happen! Like facebook and hotmail won't load.

But thanks for your help anyway.

Evilo

HSC
shilinjuju said:
Tried using firefox still got the same problem.

So pretty much it can't be a connection problem because some websites don't load. I don't have any popupblocker on so don't noe what is causin this happen! Like facebook and hotmail won't load.

But thanks for your help anyway.
I don't know what you expect us to do if all you tell us is you can only access 'some' sites. Thats like going to the garage with a broken car and telling them 'one of the things doesnt work'.

If you want people to try and help you - you need to explain the problem CLEARLY and what you have done to try and solve it.

Also start with what computer & OS you have, What version of Explorer you have, whether windows updates is on and working etc etc, where is the computer located? (work/school/home). What virus scanner are you using, what firewall do you have etc etc. Maybe then you'll get a good response....ffs/

Evilo

HSC
dwarven said:
also try taking screen dumps =]
i.e. press ctrl + alt + prnt screen - then paste into paint and upload.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Evilo said:
i.e. press ctrl + alt + prnt screen - then paste into paint and upload.
or print screen [on ur top right]

then open paint [or something similar]
paste
save

then upload it =]

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
would probably be better if you asked on a forum focusing around computer problems as well.

when did the problem start? when the problem began, did you do anything with your computer? How is your network setup? Are the websites blocked on your firewall/router/internet explorer? Clear the cookies/temporary internet files cache and put everything to default settings.

If all else fails, format computer. lol.
Chances are, there's a virus on your computer.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
Sorry for not explaining my problem properly. But its all good now. There's some virus crap on my computer so I moved the modem and am using the internet from my other computer and its working.

Thanks for helping people.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Try checking your firewall. Like my comp started to happen like urs but it end up the firewall was blocking the firefox and IE7

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
shilinjuju said:

did no one identifiy the problem? Why was the user trying to access goggle?
have you tried google.com.au?
can you ping (start->run 'cmd'->ping www.google.com.au)?
check your hosts file(C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc then open the file called hosts in notepad. if you see sites there you want to access delete the whole line. save.)

whats the error exactly? like does it just say cant find site? or like ERROR 404?
we can help but u need to help us

EDIT: use a superior browser, Opera. Opera > failfox in every way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)