Internships 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

Conspirocy

HSC
its that time of the year, i know some applications have closed, some are closing soon, some are just opening...

anyway im going crazy with all this waiting, so thought i'd start the rumour mill and see who's been getting interviews so people can get the early goss.

gluck people!

is a roflcopter
HSC
Re: internships 07

good luck have fun guys

remember to bring your A-Game aleksey style

shandog23

HSC

I have my first interview for mac bank internship tomorrow morning. can't sleep but i think its a mix of coffee and nerves haha. I think i'll go well. I'm doing my second masters; this one is in commerce with the previous one in medical science and i have a ba of science (I'm only 23 now) and I have employment experience in management so I'm really confident about it all. Also had a friend of a friend do his interview on tues morn so I know a bit about the interviews (which is lucky because mac bank double booked me and moved me from tues morn to thurs morn haha). Will see how I go. Anyone else doin the mac bank rounds?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Most marketing internships haven't opened yet, but I think I will apply for:

Procter & Gamble
Unilever

Possibly some others, depending on what information I get at the upcoming vacation work fair at our uni. Microsoft would have been good, but they only do full-time one-year-long internships.

is a roflcopter
HSC

someone told me macq was hiring a huge amount this year ie: 100+ across divs, 50+ ibd

anyone confirm?

i know that ubs, db, amro, lazard, jp and macq are past first rounds already
best of luck people

metalloido

HSC

I had my interview yesterday, and heard back via email when I got home... Does anyone know what to expect for the 'professional assessment'?

Rorix

HSC

Newbie: 40 for ibd, can't say for bankwide

Soros: yes.

is a roflcopter
HSC

macq is past 2nd round already

40 is a crazy number
thats like big4 numbers lol

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

lol newbie, i better start making my video now. Maybe I will include my myspace/facebook/blog/self promotion video on youtube links on my resume.

shandog23

HSC

passed 2nd round for mac bank!?!?!? I just did my first round today. I was told everyone should be notified if they made it to second round by late next week. I thought maybe it depended on which subsection you chose but I was speaking to two others getting interviewed at the same time and we all had different choices.

I think my interview went well... we did manage to go nearly 15 mins overtime which is always a good sign. I conduct a lot of interviews at my company sitting on the other side of the desk and a lot of times you know you have a good candidate if the interview goes for longer than expected.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

shandog23 said:
passed 2nd round for mac bank!?!?!? I just did my first round today. I was told everyone should be notified if they made it to second round by late next week. I thought maybe it depended on which subsection you chose but I was speaking to two others getting interviewed at the same time and we all had different choices.

I think my interview went well... we did manage to go nearly 15 mins overtime which is always a good sign. I conduct a lot of interviews at my company sitting on the other side of the desk and a lot of times you know you have a good candidate if the interview goes for longer than expected.
*note to self*
speak really slowly during interview

Conspirocy

HSC

Soros said:
If you havn't heard back from macq after a few days after the 1st round, is that a bad sign?
with mac, no news is good news

yeah i got that online assessment for DB, i think most people got that - i think i stuffed it...
i think JP Morgan will have started interviews because they have sent out their 'dear john' emails
Mac is doing it by division, last i heard was they were up to FMG, i think thats what its called
Credit Suisse All quiet on the western front
NAB have started views as well, not sure what stage
ummmm GSJBW has done 1st interviews, and yeah really waiting on news on the 2nd round for that one
ANZ said they would get to you in august

KPMG opened their applications, so did E&Y, Com bank should open in August
thats all ive got people
someone give me some goss

Last edited:

shandog23

HSC

Conspirocy said:
with mac, no news is good news

yeah i got that online assessment for DB, i think most people got that - i think i stuffed it...
i think JP Morgan will have started interviews because they have sent out their 'dear john' emails
Mac is doing it by division, last i heard was they were up to FMG, i think thats what its called
Credit Suisse All quiet on the western front
NAB have started views as well, not sure what stage
ummmm GSJBW has done 1st interviews, and yeah really waiting on news on the 2nd round for that one
ANZ said they would get to you in august

KPMG opened their applications, so did E&Y, Com bank should open in August
thats all ive got people
someone give me some goss
It's RMG (Risk Management Group) at least thats what I applied for. I thought it was by division, but they were doing interviews three at a time (one to one of course, not group) and I struck up a conversation with the two waiting with me. One was going for equity markets group and the other was going for the treasury and commodities group. So It's hard to believe it is being done by division. They have 8 divisions in total so maybe its half half or something.... I dunno haha.

Conspirocy

HSC

shandog23 said:
It's RMG (Risk Management Group) at least thats what I applied for. I thought it was by division, but they were doing interviews three at a time (one to one of course, not group) and I struck up a conversation with the two waiting with me. One was going for equity markets group and the other was going for the treasury and commodities group. So It's hard to believe it is being done by division. They have 8 divisions in total so maybe its half half or something.... I dunno haha.
well i didn't get an interview at mac, just a very nice 'dear john' email

but that's what i heard, plus its the Funds Management Group (FMG) which you didn't seem to mention...my alternative theory is that they must have had some pretty shocking interviews at the start if they are still sending out first round interviews...but i doubt that, my 'dear john' email came pretty quick to be honest, then again accounting and economics, i was asking for it

Rorix

HSC

Newbie said:
macq is past 2nd round already
He means IBD (or IBG as Macq calls it); which is doing finals now.

shandog23

HSC

argh that sucks. I got my sms and email about 1 week after my application. I have heard that mac bank is really quick with denials so I don't want news too quick ;) My original first round interview was on tuesday but they double booked and moved mine to thursday... but even still, my offer for first round was a week after the closing date. I think its safe to say we have no idea how they've arranged it lol... maybe its alphabetical?

pete_mate

HSC

Conspirocy said:
well i didn't get an interview at mac, just a very nice 'dear john' email

but that's what i heard, plus its the Funds Management Group (FMG) which you didn't seem to mention...my alternative theory is that they must have had some pretty shocking interviews at the start if they are still sending out first round interviews...but i doubt that, my 'dear john' email came pretty quick to be honest, then again accounting and economics, i was asking for it

no finance major, what are you thinking?

Conspirocy

HSC

pete_mate said:
no finance major, what are you thinking?
hahaha nah im doing finance, just im doing all of it next year cause im doing a com/ec double degree

i came to my senses these holidays on what to do for my third major...to late now though

pete_mate

HSC

Conspirocy said:
hahaha nah im doing finance, just im doing all of it next year cause im doing a com/ec double degree

i came to my senses these holidays on what to do for my third major...to late now though
yeah, im jealous of that degree at unsw, i want 3 majors. still, double major at usyd is better than like macquarie, they tend to only do singles which is madness.

forgot to apply to anz and nab, was very foolish of me. they dont hire that much ppl anyway tho do they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)