Internships (1 Viewer)

i1337

HSC
N/A
Should you do internships in 2nd year or last year of your degree? When do you even apply for them? eg end of 1st year, end of 2nd year? What are the usual time slots ?

SammyT123

HSC
I think you usually apply for them during your penultimate (second to last) year :)
However this depends on the field of study , some firms allow you to apply earlier

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the firm, but like SammyT123 most people tend to apply for an internship for summer in their penultimate year.

D94

HSC
N/A
Not many people have that luxury of choosing when they can do an internship. It is a competitive process for many of the large internship programs, so apply as often as you can.

Mathew587

HSC
Does anyone know of internships/places that accept first year uni or year 12 grads like myself?

D94

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know of internships/places that accept first year uni or year 12 grads like myself?
What are you planning on studying? There's no point applying for an engineering internship that's available if you're studying commerce.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
doubt there would be unless you have a co-op scholarship which (i think) gives you work experience in your first yr of uni (someone pls correct me if im wrong)

Mathew587

HSC
Cadetships is what you are after :)
most have closed for yr 12 grads so rip :/

What are you planning on studying? There's no point applying for an engineering internship that's available if you're studying commerce.
com/sengo or com/cs

doubt there would be unless you have a co-op scholarship which (i think) gives you work experience in your first yr of uni (someone pls correct me if im wrong)
yea you're right

Mathew587

HSC
Well they're the easy ones to be able to find - they are advertised everywhere. Find a place where you'd like to work, make an enquiry and see how that goes.
ok ty will do that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)