Interpreting your results from SAM (1 Viewer)

jacobkhoury

HSC
N/A
Hey,
i was just wondering if you could help me to further understand the way assessment marks work.
Is it true that if i get 65% in assessment marks, ranking me 10th
And in hsc i get 90% in that subject, ranking me first
Do i take the first assesment mark within my year group?

Arithela

HSC
does the average result of your class affect your own result (apart from rankings)?

frangir

HSC
How do i change the year that SAM calculates the UAI for ? its currently at 2005.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Hi this is probably a really stupid question but how do you 'align' your HSC mark to put it into SAM?

So confusing...

BabyK

HSC
srsly i fink everyone places waayy 2 much emphasis on d uai, its nt d end of d world, if uv screwed up, jus get into any uni e.g. western sydney,newcastle blah blah blah, den study ur ass of and transfer after an year. dat simple.

meanwhile i hope i get into western :( :( i do NOT want TAFEEEE :(

iluvGG

HSC
can someone explain to me why, when i put in 45/50 for latin extension, it goes to 2.5 for the aggregate thing in the pie chart? is this really what happens?? it drags my uai prediction way down. .

thank you.

quyeness99

HSC
so the marks u input in the hsc aligned mark for the sam calculator is the scaled mark and not the raw mark right?
do u no how much 3 unit and 4 unit scales like say if you got 75% raw mark for both whats the scaled?

lynton

HSC
how do we find how to do this UAI calculator? or sam thing? ive nly just started yr 12 and have done a few assessments, is it possible to estimate my UAI?:spin:

bored of sc

HSC
lynton said:
how do we find how to do this UAI calculator? or sam thing? ive nly just started yr 12 and have done a few assessments, is it possible to estimate my UAI?:spin:
Go to boredofstudies.org/ --> SAM --> advanced SAM --> select appropriate subjects --> select desired marks* --> press enter for your UAI for 2005/2006.

Be warned that schools have different difficulties when marking/making tests so the Board of Studies moderates (changes) student's marks to make it a fair playing field across the state. To cut a long story short, it is not good at estimating your UAI if you put in school marks. You should put in desired HSC marks (the mark you wish to get at the end of 2009 that is the average of your assessment and exam marks).

BabyBlueVamp

HSC
oh thank GOD.
i put in my half yearly marks into SAM and i got a UAI estimate of 91.65. i had a heart attack. pfft.
omgawd.
and the thing is, i wasn't too sure but since i go to north sydney girls. i was thinking that maybe our school marks would be scaled against others in the state. but i wasn't too sure.
thank you for confirming my misuderstanding.
is there any other short comings of SAM that i should know about.
and how can i determine my assessment mark for the SAM to calculate?

samaccount123

HSC
I think for shure that the UAI (Now ATAR) is more in-accurate now since the ATAR has been introduced in 2009..also its annoying having to convert UAI to ATAR from previous course cut-offs

All the stuff needs an update and all I think..SAM i.e., inc the scaling and all

samaccount123

HSC
I think for shure that the UAI (Now ATAR) is more in-accurate now since the ATAR has been introduced in 2009..also its annoying having to convert UAI to ATAR from previous course cut-offs

All the stuff needs an update and all I think..SAM i.e., inc the scaling and all
SAM is now in-accurate since the ATAR is out...

Twickel

HSC
One quick question, the BOS gives us the assesment mark and the HSC exam mark. The HSC mark is an average of the two, is that what I put into the SAM calculator.

E.g
Physics Assesment mark 96 Physics exam mark 92, Physics HSC mark 94 Band 6

Is that what I put into the SAM calculator, the 94?

samaccount123

HSC
SAM is now in-accurate since the ATAR is out...
I'm more sure that my point is still valid..because how can the UAI be predicted to an ATAR if the school leaving age has changed..even though you can convert the 09 UAI (which is what is given in SAM now) to an ATAR..

I guess it is correct in a way, since the 2009 UAI is given as a result..

also why does it say this ontop of the webpage when I go into the standard SAM?

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/sam/index.php on line 194"

skippylin

HSC
How do i change the year that i'm putting my marks in for? it keeps saying 2008 how do i change it to 2009 or 2010?

if it cant be changed does that mean SAM predidcted uai i get is mostly incorrect?

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
you dont.
SAM is updated with the latest HSC results every year, its just an approximation of your UAI/ATAR.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How do i change the year that i'm putting my marks in for? it keeps saying 2008 how do i change it to 2009 or 2010?

if it cant be changed does that mean SAM predidcted uai i get is mostly incorrect?
You can sign up for premium, those estimates are based on that years performance/marks/scaling etc..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You can sign up for premium, those estimates are based on that years performance/marks/scaling etc..
No, I only have 2008 as an option :)

...and lol at setting it to tell us the 2010 results. BAHAH

Good luck though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)