Interracial relationships (1 Viewer)

phunky

Actually n they don't so umm u can think waht u want.. it's prb cos there's like no asians in my school either. oh well ain't complaining. i dn't live in a very azn populated area.

i dn't see a problem with how i live, and i have the best of both worlds too cos i have memories f my childhood in hk, but i am having a blast as a tennager in aus!

i love it i love it and i can't wait till schoolies!

bex

HSC
think what u want, but i believe that most aussie would agree with me that it can be rude if u speak ur own language and no one can understand u. it becomes lie bitching. if u have something to say- u should be able to say it out loud. it can offend pl sometimes that's all.
i agree it can be offensive.. its just like telling a secret to someone when theres 2 of you sitting there...

even if what they say isnt about you, it can be taken the wrong way

phunky

Originally posted by bex

i agree it can be offensive.. its just like telling a secret to someone when theres 2 of you sitting there...

even if what they say isnt about you, it can be taken the wrong way
THANK YOU!!! SOMEONE AGREES!!! glad to know someone umm shares my view... i am not saying don't keep ur culture, just that there are certain time and place that u should speak ur own language! ( like in a lift! arg!)

Christine

beige member
HSC
Woah, pple cool it

Live and Let Live - it ain't worth debating this when at the moment everyone needs to band together.

Look at all the tragedy with Bali and so on.. Forget whatever race someone is, look at their personality... also in the long run does it really matter??

In the words of the hippy's.

"Make Love NOT War"

astro boy

HSC
i agree bex, living up to a strereotype is maxi ultra gay, cos theres nothing interesting in a person who is a clone of everyone else if u get wat i mean

now thats my 10 cents:p

phunky

i am totally cool with diff races... and diff ppl... that's what this thread was all about right...
anyway i was just defending the fact that i don't think p00_p00 is completly right. :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm, jus to contribute...
I, myself, am the result of an interracial relationship - my dad is Persian (arab) and my mom is from the Philippines (asian)
so I dont really think about it that much...
plus the fact that I have a korean girlfriend..

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
hey phunky , you seem to contradict yourself quite a bit..

sorry
but you criticise people for talking in their native languages or parents languages whatever.. but then u say they should keep their own culture..

i know someone already pointed this out, but i noticed it in the other threads too.................

Sarah J

HSC
hmmm... ok. Back to the original subject:

I couldn't say that I don't believe in interracial relationships seeing as I'm pretty much part everything. ;)

But I don't see what a person's race should have to do with anything- it should be on a person by person basis.

and on the other subject about talking in another language- I guess it's just a comfort thing. If I went overseas and had the opportunity to speak in my own language, I would. It's much more comfortable. I don't think the people mean to be rude, they're just talking in their native languages. It's also a self-esteem thing. The person might feel self-conscious about their lack of english skills and so are content to speak in their language.

bex

HSC
It's also a self-esteem thing. The person might feel self-conscious about their lack of english skills and so are content to speak in their language.
thats a good point.....

phunky

Originally posted by luigi_000
hey phunky , you seem to contradict yourself quite a bit..

sorry
but you criticise people for talking in their native languages or parents languages whatever.. but then u say they should keep their own culture..

i know someone already pointed this out, but i noticed it in the other threads too.................
like i said, speaking ur own language is sometimes just seen as rude... u know what i mean. like in public and stuff. u can keep ur culture without havin to do all these things. i wouldn't say that i am cultureless- and i don't do any of those things. it's mainly cos it's in u and u can't take it away, and no matter how i change as a person, my mum still does things that are the azn way. that is still culture isn't it. i am just simply saying that u can b azn, but not be at the same time. i don't know if u get me... i know what i am saying! lol

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Hehe Ill rescue you ya mate :p

I know what you mean though, they can speak jap all they like at home or privatley, just not really loud while shopping at the supermarket if you know what i mean.

Hmmm that sounds very bigoted dosent it...:eek:

*Shrugs*

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J
It's also a self-esteem thing. The person might feel self-conscious about their lack of english skills and so are content to speak in their language.
how the hell, do u always manage to be right??? except about the cat thing.... :p

man i miss double italian :(

phunky

Originally posted by Lazy
Hehe Ill rescue you ya mate :p

I know what you mean though, they can speak jap all they like at home or privatley, just not really loud while shopping at the supermarket if you know what i mean.

Hmmm that sounds very bigoted dosent it...:eek:

*Shrugs*
hehehe thanks for sharing my opinion and umm saving me from every that don't seem to understand!

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
bah!! neva saw this thread..when did it start?? :eek:

anywayz i've only read a couple post at da start..n i couldn't b bothered readin da rest..:p :p

i'm wit phunky tho!! me asian as well... only ever been wit aussie guys.. yeh n all my friends r aussie..

its fine havin a interracial relationship! my cuz is goin out wit my friend for like...hmm...2yrs now! thats pretty good.. n my other cuz is havin a baybee... wit a white guy.. hehe cutecute.. :D

n it is tru that u dont c many azn guys wit white gurlz.. i think i've seen it once in da ct.. so yeh..

:chainsaw:

ScArSnIk

Super 1337 Adm!n
HSC
mel are there any other azn's besides u up there??? ahahahhah

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
as a matter of fact.. there is!! :D... hmm... 2 :p

so in ur face! u squinty eyed chinaman!! :gridnod: :gridnod:

ScArSnIk

Super 1337 Adm!n
HSC
2!! whoah wat an acomplishemnt..=D

its still a hole up there...lolz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)