Interview rejection (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
Janine don't feel bad, I got a job with Dash coffee months ago when I was still new to Canberra and they really suck, I ended up not answering their calls after my trial shift. You're better off without them, keep looking though, you can find HEAPS of jobs in Canberra especially in the hospitality industry and they're piss easy.

Janine

HSC
N/A
Thanks again for the encouragement guys!

Rory, are you talking about the Dash coffee at the aquatic centre?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Lol... yeah you're considered to be "overskilled", they could get the same job done for a lower min. wage.

Its all business... interviews suck thats why i dun work! lmfao

*Minka*

HSC
Got rejected for one today for being too old. (18 turning 19 in September)

Sigh. Another week at Tarfuck.

Insanity

HSC
Oh yeah ... been rejected for interview ... twice I think.
First one was for some marketing job ... I think they didn't hire me cause I was fresh out of HS and had virutally no job experience whatsoever. Plus the fact that the other candidates present had all worked in retail that actually helped.

Second one ...LOL. I had applied for some jobs via seek.com.au and one of the employers called me up at 11am which was when I was still sleeping.
Basically he started asking all the standard interview questions ...and the last one was 'So why do you want to work here?' And me, being half-asleep and not thinking replied ...'cause I want a job.'

Had my 3rd interview today ...which I got the job.

Seriously though - you might feel like crap after being rejected, but think of it as a life lesson. At least you have the opportunity to get interviewed and so you kinda know what to expect in the future ... most people don't even make it to the interview stage.

And also, definitely keep trying. Good things come to those who wait/perserve.

Good luck with your job search in the future! I'm confident you'll be able to find a job :)

klh

HSC
who hasnt been rejected? Ive had 4 interviews, 3 rejected me and i tell you i was pretty depressed, but my 4th one was fo a marketing research co. and i blitzed it coz i had er "experience" in these matters, from being rejected, so yeah i go the job, training and ive just finished my first "project" [casual work, they call us in when there is work] and am waiting for my paycheck next week.

teh otehr 3 were pretty crappy jobs, 1 was for the goodcause co. up in balmain which wa a bitch to get to, the other 2 were marketing/sales and in either of them i didnt perform well though i think 1 of th emarketing/sales job i could have go in if i took more intitiative in asking questions...

i did these interviews inthe holidays btw and these were the only ones that didnt require "experience" so there you go. dont feel down, learn waht they want form you and then make the moves...just be a "person", be comfortable abot interviews and yeah you'll get it. ALthough i havent got a "real interview" yet for a proper Ft job btu still its a good learning opportunity. I hope all f=goes well for you and everyone else!

Rory

HSC
Janine said:
Thanks again for the encouragement guys!

Rory, are you talking about the Dash coffee at the aquatic centre?
Haha yeh I am, is it the same Dash you applied for?

Janine

HSC
N/A
Yep!! So it really is crap then? I had a friend who stopped turning up to shifts because she hated it so much!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
vodkacrumble said:
also, if you're a 3rd year uni student that means you're not a 15yr old so you're too expensive to hire.
I think so too. Maybe you'd be better off applying for jobs which are targeted at uni students- or time slots which can't be filled by kids.

Don't let rejection get you down :) Happened to me- at first I was annoyed at one firm's "If you don't hear from us within a week, thanks for coming"... which I thought was pretty low; but then hey, every interview gives you practice and after you've been to a few, you get the hang of it and then you can use that to help you in the future! I failed my first one-on-one interview; but then after knowing what kind of Q's they asked, I was able to get a job at a much better company.

Rory

HSC
Janine said:
Yep!! So it really is crap then? I had a friend who stopped turning up to shifts because she hated it so much!
It is, it's a ridiculous setup, they expect you to run the juice bar, the coffee section and the hot foods. You don't have a chef or designated cook so you're constantly running back and forth between the two/three front counters and the kitchen because you make the food, you make the juices, etc. It's pretty much three jobs in one and they only have one, maybe two people on at a time. I did a trial for them for like half a day and it was just ridiculous, i didn't even get paid for that trial and I specifically told them I wanted to use my two week break (during last semester) to work and get some money saved up and get 'training' out of the way and they called me back *after* those two weeks saying they'd rostered me on for 7am on a Sunday.. in which time I'd already been offered three other jobs and started them.

So if I were you I wouldn't be too upset about the lose of that job, even if you did get it, I'd guarantee you'd have quit after the first few hours.

*Minka*

HSC
What jobs are best targeted at Uni students then. I really wouyld rather not do hospitality because I am not only a shitty cook, but all the walking around would have my legs dead for soccer/dancing/tennis in evenings.

total_revolt

HSC
I got rejected this week for a bank position and i felt like dying. it was the most depressed i felt for this whole year. god, it was like life or death to me and missing out is similar to the end of the world.. plus i feel so lonely without a girlfriend.....

Collin

HSC
N/A
I've been an assistant retail manager for over 5 years now, although I didn't actually get in via a pass-fail interview.

I've applied for positions in both Woolworths Ltd. and Coles Myer Ltd. and have had successful interviews for all those positions I applied for. However the time it took them to organise a line manager interview for me after the group interview was irritatingly long.

I just hope I have similar luck after I graduate. After all, I'm just doing these crap jobs at the moment to simply rack up my resume work experience credentials so that I may better my chances of acquiring graduate employment (of a 'real' job). :)

*Minka*

HSC
If I get rejected for one more job, I am seriously going to be crushed. I really don't want to fall into being at Target the whole time I am at University.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Just keep applying, persistence is key.

*Minka*

HSC
I am starting to feel like I will never get anything else because I am constantly rejected because of University. I mean, it sounds pathetic, but it has gotten to the point that my confidence is taking a battering to get nothing and to be stuck in a job I am miserable in too boot.

Collin

HSC
N/A
*Minka* said:
I am starting to feel like I will never get anything else because I am constantly rejected because of University. I mean, it sounds pathetic, but it has gotten to the point that my confidence is taking a battering to get nothing and to be stuck in a job I am miserable in too boot.
Well atleast take comfort in the fact that you're getting rejected due to availability rather than incompetence or lack of qualifications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)