Investment Banking Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
adamtrouncer said:
yo.

dont know where everyone else is with interviews but this is what ive got so far

Deutsche Bank- done psyc tests online and have interview tomorrow
Macquarie- had 2nd and final interview for IB advisory, waiting to hear if i got it.
JP morgan- IB-operations- had an interview and they said they will make a decision and call next wednesday to let me know.

has anyone had an offer from mac yet?

oh and chill out about interviews ppl .
if you are calm and confident and know your shit, you will go fine.
my two mac interviews went over an hour and asked every question in the book. I got alot wrong but i explained my reasons and didnt panic with answers- best advice i can think of.
nice work with the interviews and goodluck with it.
and I agree with being calm and explaining your reasons, they don't want a number as an answer, they want to know how you tick/think.

BeeCom

HSC
adamtrouncer said:
yo.

dont know where everyone else is with interviews but this is what ive got so far

Deutsche Bank- done psyc tests online and have interview tomorrow
Macquarie- had 2nd and final interview for IB advisory, waiting to hear if i got it.
JP morgan- IB-operations- had an interview and they said they will make a decision and call next wednesday to let me know.

has anyone had an offer from mac yet?

oh and chill out about interviews ppl .
if you are calm and confident and know your shit, you will go fine.
my two mac interviews went over an hour and asked every question in the book. I got alot wrong but i explained my reasons and didnt panic with answers- best advice i can think of.
What division did you apply for in DB? I did GM and did my interview a week ago.

Demandred

HSC
Did anyone get an appointment from Morgan Stanley for a telephone interview?

MasterPUA

HSC
velox said:
Maybe they will ask you about Islamic finance?

Does anyone know if the KL Macq office is staffed by ex pats or local Malaysians? When I was there last year, I could never see anyone exit before 11pm (when I slept), so I never knew.

Well it would have worked it was FED BANK JP MORGAN, I mean BEAR STEARNS JP MORGAN. Anyway, Ralph has requested it be removed...
Good calls.

What exactly is Islamic finance in a few sentences? i know nothing about it

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
Anyone here apply for Risk Management?

What type of things should I read up on for this? I'm absolutely clueless :\

Thanks in advance

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
spontaneous said:
dont worry, me too :)

who was your interviewer?

and how embarrasssssssssssing!!!! i couldnt open the bottle of water they gave us and my interviewer had to do it for me, lollllll

did they tell you to apply next year btw?

they said they have stored my details in the system, and will contact me when something turns up?

@.@/?

3li

HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
Did anyone get an appointment from Morgan Stanley for a telephone interview?
Was this for HK, and 2ndly was it a phone call (my phone is switched off) and thirdly can u pm me the details because they only have my work email and im not at work

Were u contacted by gina shin? im supposed to be contacted today

thanks in advance.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
did you guys just revise over issues relevant to the division you applied for OR did you go over all your finance concepts

so very very nervous but trying to prepare as best i can

thanks for your help!

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
So Did anyone actually get rejected after their final interview at Macquarie?

Demandred

HSC
3li said:
Was this for HK, and 2ndly was it a phone call (my phone is switched off) and thirdly can u pm me the details because they only have my work email and im not at work

Were u contacted by gina shin? im supposed to be contacted today

thanks in advance.
E-mail actually, stated the day and time for interview and asked me to confirm. I think the details about time and day are different for everyone. I was like "whoa its from HK, I hope they didn't take me as applying for the internship at HK"... I doubled checked, they definitly had me down for an Australian internship.

RIZAL

HSC
Ralph said:
So Did anyone actually get rejected after their final interview at Macquarie?
I know of someone from my alma matter that did.

3li

HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
E-mail actually, stated the day and time for interview and asked me to confirm. I think the details about time and day are different for everyone. I was like "whoa its from HK, I hope they didn't take me as applying for the internship at HK"... I doubled checked, they definitly had me down for an Australian internship.
cool, i get to work on MONDAY, hopefully the interview isnt for monday for u is it?
otherwise thatas really unfortunate. Worse come to worse, what I'll do is ill go to work, check my email (if its on monday morning) leave work and attend interview..

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
did you guys just revise over issues relevant to the division you applied for OR did you go over all your finance concepts

so very very nervous but trying to prepare as best i can

thanks for your help!
be safe and do both. You don't need to "study" per se but remembering specific numbers and metrics of deals etc can be very impressive, especially when the people interviewing you actually worked on the deals themselves and you can have a mature conversation with them about those deals.

and if you've done valuations etc at uni then you shouldn't need to study that stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)