"Invitation to MATH1141 Talented Student Tutorials‏" (1 Viewer)

untouchablecuz

HSC
i just received an invitation to MATH1141 talented student tutorials specific to people who got a combined mark in ext 1 & 2 of 189

"These tutorials replace your normal MATH1141 tutorials and here you will be with students of similar mathematical ability and interests. In these tutorials you will cover the material needed for MATH1141, but you will also be shown other interesting areas of mathematics to wet your appetite for further studies in mathematics."

anyone ever been involved in this? is it worth it?

changing to these tutorials means that ill have to go in to uni for an hour on tuesdays

what do you guys reckon?

Last edited:

life92

HSC
Just do it xP

I'm in it, and I'm not not even doing like, a degree thats related in ANY way to Mathematics x__x.

I think it'll be fun.

But if it'll be your only class on Tuesday, maybe not.

If you really wanna do it, try changing your timetable a bit?
I had to ahaha.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
What a nerdy fricken legend!

How does it fit in with the rest of your lectures - do you have anything else on tuesdays?

I'd do it if I were you...

untouchablecuz

HSC
the times for these "talented" tutorials are 3pm on tuesday and 11am on friday, both of which are free

atm tuesday is completely free

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
do it if you're really interested in learning extra for math, otherwise don't bother.

LordPc

HSC
lol, are you kidding me? this isnt a decision. definately say yes.

dr. daniel chan takes the tutorials i believe. learning from the best can only help you, right?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Daniel Chan? There's a reason he was kicked off the teaching staff for MATH1151/MATH1251. He's shit. He was the lecturer for about 3/5 of MATH1081 when I did it, absolute joke.

You should be doing it for the challenge, if at all. Not because it works (or doesn't) with your timetable or for marks or however else you might justify it.

LordPc

HSC
Daniel Chan? There's a reason he was kicked off the teaching staff for MATH1151/MATH1251. He's shit. He was the lecturer for about 3/5 of MATH1081 when I did it, absolute joke.
i did 1081 in 1st sem. and ill just pose this question. have you ever listened to brian jefferies take a lecture? or did you find it hard to keep your eyes open like i did?

You should be doing it for the challenge, if at all. Not because it works (or doesn't) with your timetable or for marks or however else you might justify it.
after reading OP, im inclined to agree. you are looking for reason to take it, which makes me think that you dont really want it imo

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
i'm doing it, but i guess i'm doing a maths degree, up to you i guess but it seems like theres no real need for you especally since u have to go to uni an extra day which sucks

netracer

HSC
I did the program in 2008, though I wasn't really that good at maths. You get to meet all the math tanks and you also learn a lot more than the standard course. I remember the first couple weeks we did like hypercomplex numbers and 3D rotation in 4D. It is difficult but if you are a beast in Maths, you'll breeze through it.

Though I did also attend some normal tutes to catch up. Hope this helps.

calvintcq

HSC
2009 ATAR 99.90

Adv English 95
Extension 1 Maths 99
Extension 2 Maths 97
Japanese Continuers 98
Japanese Extension 46
Chemistry 91
Physics 90
GOD DAMN O____________O are u human:jaw:

cjtk

HSC
N/A
I did it last year and I found it really interesting. You learn extra stuff, so if you like math and enjoy it, then take it.
and nothing will stop you from changing to a normal tute if you want to

calvintcq

HSC
true, they're probably aliens :D LOL
where are u from? "ermm.." sounds malaysian/singaporean to me lol

life92

HSC
Aliens?
People that get 99.95 or 99.90?
I think people that 99.95 are aliens... or freaks of nature.
xP
Sadly, no I'm not Singaporean/Malaysian.
I'm Filipino :)
And how does "erm..." sound Singaporean/Malaysian LOL?

So, who here IS going to the MATH1141 Talented Student Tutorials?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)