IP logbook (1 Viewer)

al_87

HSC
what does everyone write in their IP logbooks?? and how much? im doing an essay, and ive written what, 10 pages in my log?? something like that (the litte A5 size pages...) is anyone else haveing the same problem and can't figure out what we are supposed to write about?!

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
write about anything that can be related ... Stick in photos, draw pictures.... Write about how you are feeling personally (As long as it is about your IP not about your boyfriend, friends, parents ect.) ....
So you are doing Critical Response correct? Paste in the program for the theatre and the characters profiles and actors head shots ....

al_87

HSC
yes its a critical response but its the applied research project....so basically its a thesis...the title is "“Losing interest in the slaughterhouse of war, we turned to the fine arts.” Hans Arp, 1916. Violent events and their effect on theatre. " so its long winded and incredibly boring...

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Research the time frame i.e. 1900s-1930s paste in images from the depression and the wars and put in a photo of your grandparents (If they were born around then) honestly if you can think of anything that relates even slightly paste it in ....

niteshade1312

HSC
you should have anything and everything that has helped you develop your project, whether it does consist of photos and pictures, or related readings, or plays that you have seen.. absolutely anything.

Shaynie69

HSC
im fully stressing about the the theory worked involved in drama. i havent done anything all year on it. OMG STRESS i think ill start...

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
why are you doing a major project for drama rather then a fun one like Vid, performance, costume ect....?

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
Shaynie69 said:
im fully stressing about the the theory worked involved in drama. i havent done anything all year on it. OMG STRESS i think ill start...
Just start documenting what youve done, and keep doing drafts of your script, the more you right it down, the more it will stick in your head ;) :uhhuh:

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
VonDavis said:
why are you doing a major project for drama rather then a fun one like Vid, performance, costume ect....?
Maybe they think their beter at doing a major project? :confused:
i cant grasp the concept, as all im good for is acting :D

al_87

HSC
i did theory IP because my teacehr - very nicly - said that i would get better marks. and she's right - love acting, but supporting actor rather than a lead :)

Shaynie69

HSC
sweetXinsanity said:
Maybe they think their beter at doing a major project? :confused:
i cant grasp the concept, as all im good for is acting :D

Now Adina just because your in my group doesnt mean u can tell me what to do, cause i wont do it! :p

Skitzo

HSC
Theory isn't as good as the prac, but it's not hard, l'd have to honestly say that drama is theoretically the easiest when in regards to exams. The thing that l am having major problems with or really had, is my IP. Ultimately l have high hopes for drama, its just getting our group perforamces together now.

niteshade1312

HSC
i dont think drama is easy at all. Not only do we have to comprehend several plays, but have two major projects.. I dont think any prac is easy at all either.. and I am doing two!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
its not easy, but its a hell of a lot easier than some other subs, *cough*history extension*cough* so i think it should be alright. i mean, most of the theory is opinion-based anyway. my teacher is constantly saying "its open to interpretation...what do you think it means" etc.

performance, on the other hand, my IP is tearing out my heart. i have to vut 2.5 mins off it, and i LOVE IT ALL. i think im going to have a memorial service for the jokes i had to cut out...

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
What do we put into our GP logbooks .... Do we talk about other group members or do we just talk about ourselves ..... I have all the same stuff in it as I do my IP logbook but I am not sure if I should put in all the stuff about our practises and who put what idea in and all that

niteshade1312

HSC
you should be talking about the development of your project, and not necessarily the people in it. You should also be evaluating your progress and all the choices you make.

foliage

HSC
ARP too

my arp log is huge. its supposed to have reflections on everything that you have done related to your project. its a way for the markers to realise that you didn't just get someone else to do it for you. you gota document everytime you work on it, even if its just a paragraph saying: "i tried to draft a bit more of the essay and it sux so i think i'll do it later..."

it has to be reflective and a document that serves as evidence for your work and process.... what made you come to the conclusiions that you did, when you did your research and what you gathered from the reseach etc etc...

if you're lacking entries, i suggest you start fudging them! the BOS expects you to have at least one entry per week... they dont have to be weekly but by the end of your journal, you should have 45 or so entries as a bare minimum. good luck with that! i've given up on my arp but the logbook is on track

babywhitto

omg logbooks is so annoying at our school!

i love my logbook... i have no problem with it...i write what i am feeling at the time and then dont look back at it again. I'm writing bout eht good and bad things that i do, my group does and what my teacher does...

with the teacher i wrote that she told me to change my i.p after i handed it to her 3 times with changes and i got pretty upset coz she sed that i did a crap job (She sed crap) and that i need to work harder...so i wrote how i felt.

I did the same in my gp book coz she told us to change it and to cut songs and all this stuff 3days b4 our trials...so i got upset and wrote in my logbook...

then come the day after trials me and 2 friends were being talked to bout what we wrote in our logbook and how it was wrong to say that stuff... it pissed me off soooo much!! SERIOUSLY!!

A logbook is supposed to be me documenting how i go through the year with my g.p and i.p...i have to write the good and bad stuff...yet when i do i get in trouble!! and omg then the other group starts having a go at me coz i sed stuff bout our teacher and they are in love with her just coz they are her favourties and they take acting so seriously and are gonna get into NIDA straight away...wankers!

great teachers we have here!!

Do you guys write everything that happens...and do u guys rant bout stuff in there...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
no. the logbook is not your diary. if you did a crap performance, maybe you should spend more time practicing and talking to her about it than bitching about her in your logbook. if you want to say

"dear logbook,
the teacher was so mean today. she gave me 10/20 and said my performance was crap. i hate her and i wish she would just...die!"

then you should get a journal, or a boxing bag.
she is trying to help you. writing about how unfair it all is is totally irrelevant and childish.

less bitching, more acting. then you can ALL go to NIDA... (although why you would want to go there is beyond me...)

babywhitto

ok did i say that my logbook was like a journal?! no!! i know she was trying to help me but why didnt she help me the 3times i handed in my script?!

and i wasnt bitching bout her...i was saying what she sed. thats not bitching.

The logbook is a place where i can write what i want bout my i.p and g.p...and if that inculdes the feedback from the teacher good or bad, i will put it in there. and of course im gonna put how i feel coz thats what she told us to do in the begining...every logbook i have looked back at from previous HSC students they have all written how they felt...
and anyway when i did speak to her she sed that i can write it in there and keep it in there, but i shoudl talk to her more...but im not gonna exactly rush up to her after i get my marks back and ask her to help me that second.

and i dont know why anyone really wants to go to NIDA, i think its all bullshit really...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)