IP monologue please help! (1 Viewer)

samboy23

HSC
hey guys
Small problem im behind in my individual project because i scrapped my last idea and am currently working on a new idea. This new idea i have based on a washed up clown i have some general ideas on where i want to go with it however im just wondering....im planning on making it up however it would be great if anyone here knows of any good plays with clowns or any type of material that could help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and a big thank you in advance!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
A guy from onstage last year did a piece from the entertainer, which is about a wahed up musical hall performer. You can buy the DVD "The Entertainer" or I'm sure you can hire it.

A wahed up clown is the second idea I had for my piece. IT would have been the one I selected, had it not been for my original idea.

Think about why the character is the way they are. Obviously they're washed-up for a reason. What is it? What has changed around them over the course of their life as a performer?

samboy23

HSC
great...thank heeps for the tips. Ill hire the movie today i really needed something like this because i didnt know where to start. Thanks again

L

Leckzie

the guy at onstage was reallly good...
for some reason im thinking of Krusty the clown from the simpsons...

hmmm....:confused:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
im thinking of Krusty the clown from the simpsons...
Yeah. But try convincing your parents that watching 'The Simpsons' is study. :D

aLexTasyy

HSC
i am Leckzie...yeahh, no worries, it reminded me of the "Send in the Clowns" song too....

as long as your not gonna dress up like the clown from Stephen King's "IT" its all good....

Pennywise is a scary mofo

britt16

HSC
you could always look up famous quotes about clowns or something\

also you could research the history of clowns, you might be able to find actual famous clowns that have a devastating history and model your monologue off their life. It adds a depth to your piece that the markers will love.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)