iPad. (1 Viewer)

Yo1anda

HSC
erm
the HP slate is basically a notebook without a keyboard

running windows 7 on it makes it a pile of shit

and the best thing about the iphone was the apps and such and that apple created enough hype that every company created -something- for it

slate=
fail.

Rothbard- have you a link for, say, Jailbreaking for Dummies? tyia.

HSC
Uni Grad
The slate's specs are making me moist.

But I think the ipad kicks ass with battery

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Tried it today at JB Hifi and found that it was really nice to play with and use... the screen and thinness make it really attractive. The E*Trade application was really effective and I felt made good use of the screen size and this would be a primary reason for me wanting one of these iPads. However, the downsides of the fact that it costs a lot for limited features which I don't already get on my phone/laptop/netbook with inbuilt 3G, is very restrictive to App Store for functionality (i.e. I can't just download whatever I want) and most importantly, there's no core multitasking/home screen style feature. I hate Nokia but admit they have got the whole home screen with email, sms, music, news, etc.. all on the front page without me having to open an application.

Clo_Haven

HSC
It looks cool, nice and smooth.......So many apps.....hundreds man......everyone's getting it......soooo is it worth getting...? NO!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Can you use it as a Modem like iPhone?
Not an Apple advertised feature (yet) but I'm sure someone will make it happen.

That being said, even though I'm a huge Apple fan, it's not like you ca'nt get the HP Slate and just run iTunes on it.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
It looks cool, nice and smooth.......So many apps.....hundreds man......everyone's getting it......soooo is it worth getting...? NO!
Figure out your own use case dickbag

xmangx

HSC
N/A
Not an Apple advertised feature (yet) but I'm sure someone will make it happen.

That being said, even though I'm a huge Apple fan, it's not like you ca'nt get the HP Slate and just run iTunes on it.
hmm, surely hope people do, even if it's after you jailbreak it.

xmangx

HSC
N/A
Hmm, just googled and found the sims can actually be used in 3G modems, provided you unlock them and the frequency is right.

I would get the sim for optus, but the stupid signal is pathetic for 3G at my home.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, just googled and found the sims can actually be used in 3G modems, provided you unlock them and the frequency is right.

I would get the sim for optus, but the stupid signal is pathetic for 3G at my home.
If anyone really wanted an internet sim + usb modem, I was at North Rocks computer market and they have used 3G modems/PCMCIA cards/minicards (incl. NextG!!!) for $5. Crazy.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
i'll probably get one for reading ebooks + other cool stuff :)

appletoa

HSC
Well, having just been playing with an ipad, I can see why you would get one for reading stuff on. Pretty much the right size for it, and decent resolution. Also good to browse the internet on while lying around.

That said, I still won't be buying one. If it was around the $200-$300 mark I would be seriously considering it though. Also a camera would greatly improve it, would be a good device to have videoconferencing ability.

xMaNx

HSC
Well, having just been playing with an ipad, I can see why you would get one for reading stuff on. Pretty much the right size for it, and decent resolution. Also good to browse the internet on while lying around.

That said, I still won't be buying one. If it was around the $200-$300 mark I would be seriously considering it though. Also a camera would greatly improve it, would be a good device to have videoconferencing ability.
best wait until next gen, or gen after for the best iPad experience, kinda like iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)