nah cuz i found a link that listed some ipods with different model numbers

i'm such a freak

nevermind me :p

thank you once again

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol that's ok :p

prolly best to ignore the model numbers anyway lol - you can tell which version an ipod is just by looking @ it :)

banno

HSC
ipod battery

i have chosen to avoid ipods due to the short life of its battery and the $100 fee to have it replaced by apple. it may in some circumstances come under the warranty, but for now im not going to take the chance

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
dangerousdave said:
I hate iPods, if I could go back in time I'd get an iRiver. My battery died and as a result i've murdered the sides of the case trying to pry it open because i refuse to pay apple $199 (or however much it is) for a refurshable iPod.
iRiver H320 > iPod

while my sucker friends are complaining about their iPods having a crappy battery life, i'm enjoying watching some newly downloaded cartoons on my player (with updated firmware) :)

plus the iRiver also extends into a portable HDD so i can store my homework onto it, without the need of drivers, which many schools restrict.

...not to mention i can listen to the FM, record lectures with high clarity, read TXT notes and look at photos, all on a bright colour screen. the sound quality is insanely good, assuming you've ripped it your MP3s at a high BR (320kb) and have bought yourself some quality headphones.

so far my iRiver has ~3000 songs all ripped at ~256VBR and i'm using Etymotic 6i in-ear headphones. quite simply, the sound smashes the living shit out of the iPod with stock earphones - which i see so many people using, it makes me think they are seriously idiots.

edit: fixed up a lot of errors/grammar

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
jas0nt said:
iRiver H320 > iPod.

while my sucker friends are complaining about their iPods having a crappy battery life, i'm enjoying watching some newly downloaded cartoons on my player (without updated firmware) :)

plus the iRiver also extends into a portable HDD so i can store my homework onto it, without the need of drivers, which many schools usually restrict.

...not to mention i can listen to the FM, record lectures at 192kb, read TXT notes and look at photos, all on a lovely colour screen. not to mention the sound quality is astonishingly good, assuming you've ripped it at a high BR (320kb)
no offence..... but who the hell watches movies/cartoons/tv etc. on a little handheld mp3 player?
it will be a short-lived novelty :)

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
no offence..... but who the hell watches movies/cartoons/tv etc. on a little handheld mp3 player?
it will be a short-lived novelty :)
eh, nothing else better to do on the bus/free lines. :p

the quality is surprisingly excellent (given the video is encoded at 900kbs).

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
jas0nt said:
eh, nothing else better to do on the bus/free lines. :p

the quality is surprisingly excellent (given the video is encoded at 900kbs).
lol
still though, i dont think i could stare at a little screen like that for more than say.... a minute :p and it would be a huge drain on the battery would it not?

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
ipods too expensive

get a mp3 player

so what if they hold less , same shit... get a 512MB .. problem solved

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Seraph said:
ipods too expensive

get a mp3 player

so what if they hold less , same shit... get a 512MB .. problem solved
:rolleyes:
wow, GREAT way to justify not buying an ipod....

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i just got an ipod

i'm about to go crazy

one problem after the other right now...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
well right now i'm trying to figure out why each time i plug my ipod into the computer, it freezes. It's not like I'm doing anything wrong here... It worked well enough to put 900 songs in my ipod not long ago. But when I plug it back in from then on, my comp freezes....

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
oh - damn
can't really help you there i'm afraid =S

other than just restarting ur computer, reinstalling itunes etc =S

sorry!

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
Guys

im interested in this "Ipod Shuffle 512MB""

what on earth is it ? is it an addon for an ipod , or is it an actual new ipod which can only play songs in shuffle?? Its at a good price too

but can it only play songs in a shuffle ... like lol you cant even control it ??? thats kind of ..................
........... wierd..............

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
BreaKing said:
oh - damn
can't really help you there i'm afraid =S

other than just restarting ur computer, reinstalling itunes etc =S

sorry!
lol thanks anyway. :)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
Guys

what on earth is it ? is it an addon for an ipod , or is it an actual new ipod which can only play songs in shuffle?? Its at a good price too

but can it only play songs in a shuffle ... like lol you cant even control it ??? thats kind of ..................
yep its a new ipod...... it just plugs into a usb port on your computer and transfers songs that way
holds proably about 100-200 songs depending on the quality of music files u want
and no theres no way to choose what song u have up next as far as i know, its just random

wanton-wonton

HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
Guys

Try www.google.com and type in 'Ipod Shuffle'.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
ic .. thats interesting.. i guess its not too bad unless you dont want to listen to a particular song.... (of course then it probably shouldnt be on the ipod in the first place)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)