ipod - worth it? (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
How does the discount work? Do you just present your student card to the dealer?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
4gb, no student discount, got it through a friend at harvey norman, offered 2 year additionaly warranty with it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
How does the discount work? Do you just present your student card to the dealer?
Yeah, tell them you're a student when you purchase, you present student card, ID, and sometimes a timetable *usually not necessary*

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Minai said:
Thats correct, not a reseller, it must be an authorised apple shop.

There one on campus minai...behind the library.

gem_max

HSC
Yeah, tell them you're a student when you purchase, you present student card, ID, and sometimes a timetable *usually not necessary*
Yeah I went to do the student discount thing on my 15gb a year ago and they sold out just before i went to get it... so I had to pay full price at target where they refused a discount. It couldnt have waited. I had these HUGE graphics files to move from uni to home before that assignment was due haha funny times.

Hang on a second... I KNOW YOU!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Grizzly said:
Thats correct, not a reseller, it must be an authorised apple shop.

There one on campus minai...behind the library.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that little thing on campus!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
question for anyone who may have one

wtf is the point of the ishuffle? like can't i just put my playlists onto random, isn't it exactly the same thing? i guess if you want a little mp3 player it's ok but i know people getting it specifically so they can 'listen to random music in no order' and i'm like wtf.

sunny

meh.
HSC
glycerine said:
question for anyone who may have one

wtf is the point of the ishuffle? like can't i just put my playlists onto random, isn't it exactly the same thing? i guess if you want a little mp3 player it's ok but i know people getting it specifically so they can 'listen to random music in no order' and i'm like wtf.
Apple have a splendid marketing crew. You would have thought it was a revolutionary new feature if you didn't think hard enough.

sunny

meh.
HSC
velox said:
i gave up trying to convince people that it was nothing new - on other forums.
Send them this way so we can wack them senseless.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
sunny said:
Apple have a splendid marketing crew. You would have thought it was a revolutionary new feature if you didn't think hard enough.
ahahaha i thought so ;) i was like, wtf? is there some aspect of this i don't get?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
if your parents are teachers like mine then you can get a super discount...
i paid 390 for my 20gig i pod

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh fuck really? i didn't pay for my mini, mum did... but she's a teacher and i don't think she knew she could get a discount

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
gem_max said:
Yeah I went to do the student discount thing on my 15gb a year ago and they sold out just before i went to get it... so I had to pay full price at target where they refused a discount. It couldnt have waited. I had these HUGE graphics files to move from uni to home before that assignment was due haha funny times.

Hang on a second... I KNOW YOU!
Haha *quickly hides*

Yeah, i was considering taking on one of the bigger normal ipods, but realised that since i have a dvd burner that i dont think ill be using files in excess of 4 gbs at a time, and if needed i could use my laptop.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
you've made the right decision asy
i have a 4gb mini and they are just the right size and weight to carry around in your pocket
also i think the bigger ones show wear more quickly than the minis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)