Iran has enough uranium for bomb; UN (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
The common law is as barbaric and unjust as Sharia law.
Discuss
The common law has heaps more procedural safeguards built into it to ensure a fair trial and justice then sharia. Not to mention unlike sharia law it is able to evolve and improve over time.

Anyone who would seriously agree with that proposition is a dumb fuck "every culture is equal man" type.

HSC
N/A
The common law is as barbaric and unjust as Sharia law.
Discuss
why are you twisting my words? are you some sort of western civilization gate keeper? everything is up for criticism.

let gets this straight, the common law is not as barbaric as sharia. however unjust? who said sharia is unjust? which point of view are you speaking from? the perpetrators or the victims?

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
let gets this straight, the common law is not as barbaric as sharia. however unjust? who said sharia is unjust? which point of view are you speaking from? the perpetrators or the victims?
I believe that presumption of innocence is a critical part of any fair judicial system, along with trial by jury. This is not present in Sharia law (and presumption of innocence not in European states with Inquisitorial system either fyi).

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
why are you twisting my words? are you some sort of western civilization gate keeper? everything is up for criticism.

Yo, just curious, what's with your name? Any background/reason for it?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Being at the mercy of a court/judge is an insult to my individual freedom and fundamental human rights imo :cool:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
theyre an affront to my fundamental human right to live free from lawyers :cool:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm doing the degree so that I can represent myself in the inevitable court appearance. I demand at least that dignity :cool:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sif neg rep me, cock! I was juicing Sicherhetsdient

MissSarajevo

HSC
Report: Obama Offers to Scrap Missile Shield If Russia Cooperates on Iran
President Obama wrote to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to tell him Russia's aid in resolving the threat from Iran would make plans for a missile defense shield in Europe unnecessary, according to Russian news agencies.

FOXNews.com

Monday, March 02, 2009

President Obama offered to consider scrapping plans for a missile defense shield in Europe if Russia helps rein in Iran's nuclear program, the Russian newspaper Kommersant reported.

The article said Obama wrote to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to tell him Russia's aid in resolving the threat from Iran would make the missile shield plans unnecessary, according to an account from Russian news agency RIA Novosti.

Report: Obama Offers to Scrap Missile Shield If Russia Cooperates on Iran - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Wise move. :D

Lentern

HSC
Report: Obama Offers to Scrap Missile Shield If Russia Cooperates on Iran
President Obama wrote to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to tell him Russia's aid in resolving the threat from Iran would make plans for a missile defense shield in Europe unnecessary, according to Russian news agencies.

FOXNews.com

Monday, March 02, 2009

President Obama offered to consider scrapping plans for a missile defense shield in Europe if Russia helps rein in Iran's nuclear program, the Russian newspaper Kommersant reported.

The article said Obama wrote to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to tell him Russia's aid in resolving the threat from Iran would make the missile shield plans unnecessary, according to an account from Russian news agency RIA Novosti.

Report: Obama Offers to Scrap Missile Shield If Russia Cooperates on Iran - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Wise move. :D
Oh goody we'll trust the Soviets to resolve a nuclear missile issue.

E-Hawk

HSC
I don't understand. Let them build one. It's not like they would use it to attack America cos they know that they would get there arses kicked.

Btw they should be entitled to one seeing the large number that the US has. The US cannot be the only country entitles to nukes.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Btw they should be entitled to one seeing the large number that the US has. The US cannot be the only country entitles to nukes.
We should put some faith in the US to protect us. The threat of America will hopefully deter others from unleashing WMDs

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
We should put some faith in the US to protect us. The threat of America will hopefully deter others from unleashing WMDs
You misunderstand messianic Shi'ite Islam. The Armageddon is welcomed by them.
How do you deter those kind of people? Certainly not with M.A.D

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
You misunderstand messianic Shi'ite Islam. The Armageddon is welcomed by them.
How do you deter those kind of people? Certainly not with M.A.D
Haha, I'm far from understanding messianic Shi'ite Islam. And although it may be welcomed by them, they can't all ignore the strong deterrence of their iminent deaths, should they unleash the first attack.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Haha, I'm far from understanding messianic Shi'ite Islam. And although it may be welcomed by them, they can't all ignore the strong deterrence of their iminent deaths, should they unleash the first attack.
Who said all of them have to be suicidally religious? It's not a real democracy with proper accountability and overlapping checks and balances, so it doesn't matter whether the vast number of sane and rational Iranians desire peace or the coming of the Mahdi. The government can do whatever the hell it wants and all it takes is a conspiracy of only a few (or even just one) senior government members to launch ze missiles. Considering all of the government members are hand-picked and elevated for their zealous religious tendencies, this scenario becomes statistically that much higher.
Coincidentally, I don't trust the Republican party in office for the same reasons, although thankfully America has far more checks and balances upon government and presidential powers.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Who said all of them have to be suicidally religious? It's not a real democracy with proper accountability and overlapping checks and balances, so it doesn't matter whether the vast number of sane and rational Iranians desire peace or the coming of the Mahdi. The government can do whatever the hell it wants and all it takes is a conspiracy of only a few (or even just one) senior government members to launch ze missiles. Considering all of the government members are hand-picked and elevated for their zealous religious tendencies, this scenario becomes statistically that much higher.
Coincidentally, I don't trust the Republican party in office for the same reasons, although thankfully America has far more checks and balances upon government and presidential powers.
So you don't think there's any use in America having WMDs?

Do you think these should be forcibly removed from potential dangers (such as Iran)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)