Iron Maiden to Tour Australia! (1 Viewer)

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Edit:

Was The Best Night Of My Life!

Last edited:

Joshw

HSC
Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/show...searchId=1de34747-aa15-4e31-9469-eafb0b165aa3

SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME' World Tour 2008
Iron Maiden announce their most ambitious and extraordinary touring plans ever - and are very pleased to announce that this will include Australia for the first time in 15 years!

In an historic first, Iron Maiden, their 60-strong crew and support staff and over 12 tons of equipment will be travelling around the world en masse for the first leg of the tour in a specially commissioned and converted Astraeus Boeing 757 decorated with Maiden and Eddie designs! Vocalist Bruce Dickinson, who is a qualified Airline Captain flying for Astraeus Airlines, will pilot the plane on its epic mission, flying over 50,000 miles.

Historically, this will be Maiden's fourth Australian Tour having first toured in 1982 when 'The Number of the Beast' was Australia's number one album, then again in 1985 with the original 'Powerslave' show and most recently in 1992 with 'Fear of the Dark'. However a great deal has happened with the band since then, especially in recent years when ticket sales have continued to explode around the world as the band's loyal fan base continues to flourish.
With the ever increasing power of the internet the Maiden legend has fired the imagination of new young fans around the planet, and, although their audience spans two generations, it is now predominantly a young one, inspired by the massive legacy and influence of this unique band (and, of course, Eddie).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joshw said:
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/show...searchId=1de34747-aa15-4e31-9469-eafb0b165aa3

SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME' World Tour 2008
Iron Maiden announce their most ambitious and extraordinary touring plans ever - and are very pleased to announce that this will include Australia for the first time in 15 years!

In an historic first, Iron Maiden, their 60-strong crew and support staff and over 12 tons of equipment will be travelling around the world en masse for the first leg of the tour in a specially commissioned and converted Astraeus Boeing 757 decorated with Maiden and Eddie designs! Vocalist Bruce Dickinson, who is a qualified Airline Captain flying for Astraeus Airlines, will pilot the plane on its epic mission, flying over 50,000 miles.

Historically, this will be Maiden's fourth Australian Tour having first toured in 1982 when 'The Number of the Beast' was Australia's number one album, then again in 1985 with the original 'Powerslave' show and most recently in 1992 with 'Fear of the Dark'. However a great deal has happened with the band since then, especially in recent years when ticket sales have continued to explode around the world as the band's loyal fan base continues to flourish.
With the ever increasing power of the internet the Maiden legend has fired the imagination of new young fans around the planet, and, although their audience spans two generations, it is now predominantly a young one, inspired by the massive legacy and influence of this unique band (and, of course, Eddie).

OH MY FUCKING GOD I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH I'M GOING

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

To tie in with forthcoming 2008 releases on DVD of the classic 'LIVE AFTER DEATH' and 'MAIDEN ENGLAND' concert videos (more details coming soon) this tour, aptly entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME', will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 'Powerslave Tour'. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie.

This is going to be fucking epic.

G

Gavvvvvin

Holy shit.

Thankgod they're not going to do the whole "lets play all of AMOLAD plus a couple of old ones".

kokodamonkey

HSC

yeah who cares how much the tickets cost jeez im going no matter what! yay!!!!!!

kokodamonkey

HSC
Re: Iron Maiden

yeah who cares how much the tickets cost jeez im going no matter what! yay!!!!!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

A maiden tour, based almost entirely off 80s gear, this is going to be the most epic thing in the history of the planet.

G

Gavvvvvin

"Following Bruce's various hints from on stage this last year about our plans for 2008 ("We are taking some time off to build some pyramids!"), fans have been pestering me for details of the tour and especially asking which songs from that era will be played. That may be as easy as a run in the hills but we will keep our aces close to our chest on this issue. I know it would only take a couple of minutes but at this stage of planning, I'd have to be clairvoyant to know what they will do. I'm sure though it will be no revelation for you that we intend to make up for those wasted years by visiting a large number of hallowed metal venues around the world. Historically 'Powerslave' was an incredibly important album for the band and it would be madness if we didn't give the fans a taste of the full on Iron Maiden show from that time. With our jumbo there really is no rime nor reason why the band cannot now visit fans almost everywhere as many have been real troopers to have waited this long. Heaven only knows what the band will choose but if l could and did tell you now l would have to shoot you! You'll all have to be patient and see. But it will be spectacular. No fear!!"

:hammer:

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A

Gavvvvvin said:
"Following Bruce's various hints from on stage this last year about our plans for 2008 ("We are taking some time off to build some pyramids!"), fans have been pestering me for details of the tour and especially asking which songs from that era will be played. That may be as easy as a run in the hills but we will keep our aces close to our chest on this issue. I know it would only take a couple of minutes but at this stage of planning, I'd have to be clairvoyant to know what they will do. I'm sure though it will be no revelation for you that we intend to make up for those wasted years by visiting a large number of hallowed metal venues around the world. Historically 'Powerslave' was an incredibly important album for the band and it would be madness if we didn't give the fans a taste of the full on Iron Maiden show from that time. With our jumbo there really is no rime nor reason why the band cannot now visit fans almost everywhere as many have been real troopers to have waited this long. Heaven only knows what the band will choose but if l could and did tell you now l would have to shoot you! You'll all have to be patient and see. But it will be spectacular. No fear!!"

:hammer:
Lets see.

How about .. fuck, this set list looks amazing.

Tracks including Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Heaven can wait ... indeed. I'm having a heart attack.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Run to the Hills
Aces High
Two Minutes to Midnight
The Clairvoyant
Revelations
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Powerslave
Lost in a Sea of Madness
Iron Maiden
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
The Trooper
Heaven Can Wait
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Fear of the Dark

I'd say Number of the Beast is pretty much guaranteed as well.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

i've got two tickets to iron maiden baby
come with me friday and don't say maybe
i'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
like yew
oh oh oh ohhhh oh :shy:

neafoo

HSC

holy shit DJKFASKJDFHAKSDJKASHJKDASHKJKASDA WREEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

how much do you reckon tickets will be :( 100+?

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC

i dont care how much it is, ill take out a loan if i need to!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

Holy shit if possible I'm there

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC

As I said in the other thread, this is going to be epic.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A

I was presuming 200+ for decent tickets.

I already made a thread, thogh, not sure who was first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)